Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-05-2010, 07:14 AM
 
35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Reputation: 6195

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Pretty much right away. Have you seen the latest jobs numbers? It looks like employers were anticipating a big Republican win!
Bless your heart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-05-2010, 07:16 AM
 
35,309 posts, read 52,269,210 times
Reputation: 30999
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Since Bush tax cuts didn't spear head the return of jobs back to the U.S, how do the newly installed House Majority plan to get the jobs back with their new version of tax cuts?
They dont care about getting jobs back they just care about getting power back and more tax cuts for the rich,anyone who thought otherwise is in for a big disappointment if you thought voting for these shmucks was going to change anything for the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2010, 07:47 AM
 
Location: New Mexico
8,396 posts, read 9,439,375 times
Reputation: 4070
Default How soon will the Republicans tax cut to the wealthy bring Jobs back to the U.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Since Bush tax cuts didn't spear head the return of jobs back to the U.S, how do the newly installed House Majority plan to get the jobs back with their new version of tax cuts?
A very good question...

People, the Bush tax cuts have been in place for years. If those cuts were going to anything to improve the unemployment situation, it would have already happened.

The GOP has no answers. They don't care about working Americans. They cater exclusively to their corporate masters. They prove this through their actions time after time. But they're very adept at loudly and repeatedly screaming inflammatory (and false) slogans that stoke the fear and anger in folks who are too busy to pay attention to politics on a regular basis.

Death panels
Death tax
Birth certificate

It's not hard to understand how those who don't know anything can be sucked in by that kind of BS.

But why do so many "politically aware" posters totally miss the obvious realities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2010, 08:11 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Reputation: 27720
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post

But why do so many "politically aware" posters totally miss the obvious realities?
As long as people wait for government to "get their jobs back" nothing will happen to improve working conditions in the US.

Those jobs are not coming back. Labor is an expense and commodity.
If the labor is skilled and can do the same job at a fraction of the cost any good business would switch.

The FIRE economy is toast and is still laden with heavy debt to make a V shaped recovery.

Folks hate those big greedy corporations yet want to work for them..boggles the mind sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2010, 08:14 AM
 
Location: Blankity-blank!
11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times
Reputation: 6958
In the next few weeks we should all expect a dramatic drop in the number of unemployed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2010, 08:23 AM
 
56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Reputation: 18824
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
The key to the American economy is new jobs through INNOVATION. The problem is we are NOT innovating either technically or scientifically right now.

The American workforce also needs to be re-educated. During the late 1970's to mid 1980's million of people got left behind when steel mills, machine tool shops, and other manufacturing related jobs left the Midwest. If this country is smart (Which I am beginning to have my doubts about) it will put forth the effort to re-train people with new skills that will allow them to be employable in other fields.
And i don't disagree. I want to keep innovating.

However, why can't we still do heavy manufacturing and still train ourselves in the new technologies at the same time? And i still can't understand how a nation of 300 million finds itself needing foreign workers to fill positions in high tech fields. Why aren't enough Americans being trained in those fields?

Could be our education system...perhaps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2010, 08:36 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Reputation: 27720
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
And i don't disagree. I want to keep innovating.

However, why can't we still do heavy manufacturing and still train ourselves in the new technologies at the same time? And i still can't understand how a nation of 300 million finds itself needing foreign workers to fill positions in high tech fields. Why aren't enough Americans being trained in those fields?

Could be our education system...perhaps.
Or labor cost...$100K for a US programmer vs $35K for an Indian programmer vs $50K for a Chinese programmer. All with the same education and skill set. I don't know the salary of a programmer in Brazil; they have college educated IT folks as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2010, 09:11 AM
 
Location: Nassau/Queens border
1,483 posts, read 3,160,821 times
Reputation: 1141
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
A very good question...

People, the Bush tax cuts have been in place for years. If those cuts were going to anything to improve the unemployment situation, it would have already happened.

The GOP has no answers. They don't care about working Americans. They cater exclusively to their corporate masters. They prove this through their actions time after time. But they're very adept at loudly and repeatedly screaming inflammatory (and false) slogans that stoke the fear and anger in folks who are too busy to pay attention to politics on a regular basis.

Death panels
Death tax
Birth certificate

It's not hard to understand how those who don't know anything can be sucked in by that kind of BS.

But why do so many "politically aware" posters totally miss the obvious realities?
They get sucked in because they believe whatever lies and untruths they are fed. What no one seems to get is that cutting taxes on the wealthy will ADD more of a Deficit to our budget. It will be a viscious cycle. No new jobs will be created, the country will be in even more debt and the Right will blame Obama. And they'd have reason to blame him, only because he apparently does not have the b*lls to stand up to the GOP and tell them NO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2010, 09:19 AM
 
Location: Out in the Badlands
10,420 posts, read 10,821,941 times
Reputation: 7801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Immediately.

We should see unemployment drop like a rock between now and xmas.
Or ...on the other hand... lets raise marginal tax rates back to 90% like they were before Reagan...I'm sure that will keep capital in the country...and create all kinds of jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2010, 09:21 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Reputation: 27720
You people aren't looking for solutions..you're looking for some group either political or business to bail you all out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:57 PM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top