Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-05-2010, 03:22 PM
 
Location: ridgetop tn / nikiski ak
288 posts, read 351,044 times
Reputation: 271

Advertisements

Jobs will be created when money starts being spent. Money will be spent when consumer confidence returns. Consumer confidence will return once government understands that the less 'fixing' and 'meddling' they do, the faster it will happen. The economy is in a correcting phase, it needs no help, except for the government to stay out of the way (and return tax money to the people it belongs to, yes even the rich).



Regards,
TB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-05-2010, 03:40 PM
 
56,988 posts, read 35,299,449 times
Reputation: 18824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra Boy View Post
Consumer confidence will return once government understands that the less 'fixing' and 'meddling' they do, the faster it will happen. The economy is in a correcting phase, it needs no help, except for the government to stay out of the way (and return tax money to the people it belongs to, yes even the rich).
Regards,
TB
I seem to remember a time...let's see, was it late 2008? Just a few weeks or months before the election if i recall. A bunch of big bankers (representing themselves and big business) and some auto companies got scared and ran to the...gasp...FEDERAL GOVERNMENT...begging for help because it was all gonna come crashing down on itself!!!!!! Hank Paulson and President Bush got all teary eyed, and then....well, you know what happened next.

Government stay out of the way, huh? When the big boys are stinking up the house, they always come running to the Feds for help. Please Government...we need your meddling in our affairs! But when they're swimming in the dough, government needs to stay out of the way. I think they call it "privatizing profits, but socializing losses"...or.. something like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2010, 03:46 PM
 
10,854 posts, read 9,321,913 times
Reputation: 3122
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Bless your heart.
*LMAO*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2010, 04:24 PM
 
Location: ridgetop tn / nikiski ak
288 posts, read 351,044 times
Reputation: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I seem to remember a time...let's see, was it late 2008? Just a few weeks or months before the election if i recall. A bunch of big bankers (representing themselves and big business) and some auto companies got scared and ran to the...gasp...FEDERAL GOVERNMENT...begging for help because it was all gonna come crashing down on itself!!!!!! Hank Paulson and President Bush got all teary eyed, and then....well, you know what happened next.

Government stay out of the way, huh? When the big boys are stinking up the house, they always come running to the Feds for help. Please Government...we need your meddling in our affairs! But when they're swimming in the dough, government needs to stay out of the way. I think they call it "privatizing profits, but socializing losses"...or.. something like that.
Your post doesn't exactly rebut mine if that was your intent. Just because the big boys run to the government is no reason for the government to intervene. The market and the market alone should determine winners and losers, period. If a void is created anyplace in the market, guess what, someone will step up and fill the void, that's how it works.


Regards,
TB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2010, 05:15 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
38,316 posts, read 22,331,330 times
Reputation: 13965
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I seem to remember a time...let's see, was it late 2008? Just a few weeks or months before the election if i recall. A bunch of big bankers (representing themselves and big business) and some auto companies got scared and ran to the...gasp...FEDERAL GOVERNMENT...begging for help because it was all gonna come crashing down on itself!!!!!! Hank Paulson and President Bush got all teary eyed, and then....well, you know what happened next.
Yes we do, Ă˜bama left the campaign trail, and rushed back to Washington to vote for TARP and bailouts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2010, 05:27 PM
 
5,915 posts, read 4,822,691 times
Reputation: 1398
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Since Bush tax cuts didn't spear head the return of jobs back to the U.S, how do the newly installed House Majority plan to get the jobs back with their new version of tax cuts?
When a job is gone it's gone it usually never comes back.
Extending the tax cuts will make the situation less volatile.
The current congress should vote on that as soon as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2010, 05:31 PM
 
Location: The #1 sunshine state, Arizona.
12,169 posts, read 17,676,759 times
Reputation: 64106
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Since Bush tax cuts didn't spear head the return of jobs back to the U.S, how do the newly installed House Majority plan to get the jobs back with their new version of tax cuts?
With all the shovel-ready jobs Obama claims to have, you really shouldn't care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2010, 05:43 PM
 
29,939 posts, read 39,534,366 times
Reputation: 4799
Well they certainly won't propose 6,000 pages of legislation. No wonder they've saved over $3 trillion, they haven't been able to spend it while they try and wrap their minds around what new taxes, regulations and other nonsense some far-left goons came out with and slipped through a "centrist" government and president...

If they give some stability by allowing those businesses stability so they can feel confident in their investments the return of jobs will come back just in time for Obama to demagogue his way back to election by taking credit for that type of posture. Of course this president isn't pragmatic, he's a demagogue and narcissistic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2010, 10:01 AM
 
Location: USA - midwest
5,944 posts, read 5,595,310 times
Reputation: 2606
Default How soon will the Republicans tax cut to the wealthy bring Jobs back to the U.S

Another round of tax cuts and trickle down. Just what the economy needs. Worked so well from 2001 - 2008.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2010, 10:05 AM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,325 posts, read 45,035,717 times
Reputation: 7118
Quote:
How soon will the Republicans tax cut to the wealthy bring Jobs back to the U.S
Your premise is defective.

There are no tax cuts on the table, just a discussion of keeping the CURRENT rates as they are. It is between the status quo and RAISING taxes.

The current tax rates have been in place for almost a decade, but still the Left thinks of that money as somehow belonging to the government and just on "loan" to the taxpayer. They have it completely a** backwards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:32 AM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top