Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Gay marriage voting
I believe the vote was to legalize a civil (non-religious/non-Christian) marriage for same-sex couples. 28 59.57%
I believe the vote was to legalize a religious Christian marriage for same-sex couples. 5 10.64%
I don't care about religion. I just hate homosexuals and gay couples. They should move to an isolated island. 6 12.77%
I have different opinions or I am neutral on this subject matter. 10 21.28%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 11:55 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
The goal, as far as I'm concerned, is for equal rights for all. Again, it's not about me. I have the rights. What's your goal?
I'm not the one with a goal, I'm the one who doesn't understand the Homosexuals goal, I'm told it equal benifits but when I search and study it doesn't appear to be the case when they do not attempt to even try to get the federal level benifits that the President is willing to back them up on.
Sorry if I confused you as a homosexual I ment nothing it was just a mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 12:45 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I'm not the one with a goal, I'm the one who doesn't understand the Homosexuals goal, I'm told it equal benifits but when I search and study it doesn't appear to be the case when they do not attempt to even try to get the federal level benifits that the President is willing to back them up on.
I don't think they should have to try to do anything. It's quite sad that anyone has to fight for rights that the majority enjoys. I'm sure they have better things to do, like working, mowing the lawn, caring for their children, etc, than having to worry about this nasty business. The goal, as far as I'm concerned, is equality. Full stop.

Quote:
Sorry if I confused you as a homosexual I ment nothing it was just a mistake.
That's fine. It makes no difference, tho, it should be noted that citizens concerned with discrimination goes beyond orientation, religion, etc.

Old 11-20-2010, 12:52 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
Who are we as a general society to tell someone they cannot marry ? How does gay marriage effect any of us other than the two ppl that are wanting a union ? It does not effect any of us that are not in the sittuation . We have no more right to tell someone they cant marry .just like they have no right to tell someone they cannot marry for the 4th or 5th time . It does not effect us , gay marriage , if this is the only thing people have to worry about these days I envy them because I have a lot more to worry about than gay marriage .

Old 11-20-2010, 12:55 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,705,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Who are we as a general society to tell someone they cannot marry ? How does gay marriage effect any of us other than the two ppl that are wanting a union ? It does not effect any of us that are not in the sittuation . We have no more right to tell someone they cant marry .just like they have no right to tell someone they cannot marry for the 4th or 5th time . It does not effect us , gay marriage , if this is the only thing people have to worry about these days I envy them because I have a lot more to worry about than gay marriage .
it would be like telling a man that he can't go into the women's restroom. or, that Michael Phelps can swim in the womens swim competitions. Ridiculous - If Michael Phelps wants to put on a bikini and swim against the girls then why not?

Old 11-20-2010, 01:14 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
it would be like telling a man that he can't go into the women's restroom. or, that Michael Phelps can swim in the womens swim competitions. Ridiculous - If Michael Phelps wants to put on a bikini and swim against the girls then why not?
You're aligning hospital visitation, tax benefits, etc with wearing a bikini? Beside, most people in the nation cannot participate in women's swim competitions, or any sport we can think of. I don't think sport competitions are covered under rights, but maybe.

Old 11-20-2010, 06:14 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
Quote:
You're aligning hospital visitation, tax benefits, etc with wearing a bikini? Beside, most people in the nation cannot participate in women's swim competitions, or any sport we can think of. I don't think sport competitions are covered under rights, but maybe.
Amen and thank you .

Old 11-20-2010, 11:25 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
One does not have to be a biblical scholar to know that God doesn't want people to be gay.
So basically, you are just making it up as you go along based on your own prejudices?

Just because YOU don't "approve" of something, you think God doesn't approve of it?

Isn't that just a bit arrogant to claim YOU know what "God" does or doesn't want?

One of my favourite quotes sums this up:

"You can safely assume that you have created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates the same people you do." Ann Lamott

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Tell me this, if if He did approve of homosexuality, why wouldn't He make it so two men or two women could procreate naturally?
What does that have to do with anything? Is the whole purpose of your existence procreative sex? Is that what you do 24 hours a day, 365 days a year?

That's as silly as saying: "If God approves of old women, why wouldn't he make it that they could still procreate naturally after menopause?"

Or "If God approves of infertile people why didn't he make them fertile so they could procreate naturally"

So does God "disapprove" of old women and infertile people becuase they can't procreate naturally?

Homosexuals exist. They have always existed. We know that homosexuals have different brain structures and brain chemistry to heterosexuals, (I wonder how they "chose" that?) ...so maybe it's just natural diversity in action.

Nature likes diversity, even if you think your "God" wants everyone to be the same as you.

Or....Perhaps "God" created homosexuals because he knew that so many heterosexuals would abuse and neglect the children born from their unplanned pregnancies and irresponsible "procreative sex".... and would need gay couples to love them and look after them.

Last edited by Ceist; 11-21-2010 at 12:07 AM.. Reason: Foxed quote

Old 11-20-2010, 11:26 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,487,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
Thats why we shouldn't do it. A waste of taxpayers money
Gays don't want equal rights. They want attention. they want people to accept their lifestyle as normal, but they also want to act as ***** as they can. If a big chested woman wears a tight shigt with lots of cleavage then she will get noticed. If she doesn't get the attention, then she takes another layer off, or acts even more sleazy. Gays have a lot in common with these type of people
I see a lot of sleazy heterosexuals, but that does not make me think they are all sleazy. You seem to think you know a lot about gays, but it seems like you get your information from sources that despise gays. What is normal, Dude? Do you even know? Is there a set of normal heterosexual rules? I am gay and I want full equal rights, not a set of rights set aside for gays, or a second class marriage. I want the same rights in marriage that heterosexuals enjoy and I do not want it called something different so that others will treat it as secondary to everyone else's marriages. I have 31 years under my belt with the same person, I should enjoy the same rights and privileges that heterosexuals on their multiple marriage still get, even if it is their 9th marriage.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:26 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
By both your reasoning, nobody should be allowed to legally marry. Why doesn't this slippery slope apply to heterosexuals?
That's a really good point.

If heterosexuals weren't allowed to marry, then that wouldn't have lead to homosexuals wanting to get married which wouldn't lead to children having sex with llamas or whatever those preemptive mod cut think

Old 11-20-2010, 11:53 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
So I have your permission......after 27 plus years with my partner, to get unionized.....THANX....I really don't care what YOU want to call it as long as IF I pay the same taxes as you...I have the same "marriage" rights as you....call it what you want......it's just semantics but I still say the heterosexual majority will deny equal rights for gays NO matter how one words it!. Many will find another excuse to deny civil rights!.
Yeah, they'll probably just make up some arbitrary excuse for opposing homosexual marriage like it's a disgusting crime against nature, or something silly like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies