Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2010, 04:29 PM

379 posts, read 211,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Perhaps Mr. Scarborough followed the protocol and sought prior approval before he made his donations. He seems like a pretty much 'by-the-book' kind of guy
There was no such rule when Scarborough made his donation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 04:29 PM

1,289 posts, read 3,035,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I agree it's looking more and more like a shakedown with comcast taking ownership. I remember after the stewart rally olbermann immediately stopped doing his "worlds worst" segment as he claims he didn't like the negative light he was viewed in and didn't want to be compared to people like beck and those at fox news, now this. This has the new ownership all over it.
That sounds about right. It couldn't have been for just a few donations.

Old 11-05-2010, 04:33 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Its not that he donated, its that he didn't disclose.

Old 11-05-2010, 04:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,171 times
The Reason they don't allow their employees to contribute is because the "NATIONAL PRESS" CAN and HAS UNFAIRLY INFLUENCED THE OUTCOME OF THE ELECTION OF A CANDIDATE!!!DOES THE NAME OBAMA RING A BELL?

Old 11-05-2010, 04:40 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,431,660 times
Default Bill Kristol: "Keep Keith!"

Looks like Olbermann has gained an unlikely ally...

Quote:
MSNBC’s suspension of Keith Olbermann is ludicrous.

First, he donated money to candidates he liked. He didn’t take money, or favors, in a way that influenced his reporting.

Second, he’s not a reporter. It’s an opinion show. If Olbermann wants to put his money where his mouth is, more power to him.

Third, GE, the corporate parent of MSNBC, gives money to political organizations. GE executives and, I’m sure, NBC executives give money. Why can’t Olbermann?
--------
But there’s now a Republican House, and perhaps GE is trying to curry favor by dumping Olbermann?

Republicans of the world, show you believe in the free expression of opinion! Tell the crony corporatists at NBC—keep Keith!
Keep Keith! | The Weekly Standard

Old 11-05-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Lets be real, nobody, NOBODY, would consider olberman anything but a partisan hack whom was in the tank for the dems, the guy practically froths at the mouth every night because they are not farther left, this has nothing to do with msnbc's journalistic standards, he isnt a journalist!! Could it possibly be that msnbc is starting to care ? I believe that this is just the beginning of the end for msnbc....I have heard that comcast is taking over and there will be changes perhaps this is the start ? I hate to see him go...he was a useful tool as an example of the left in this country.
And where else do we have a liberal voice on cable, a strong liberal voice. There are lots of people who agree with Olberman, and I'm one of them.

MSNBC starting "to care"? LMAO. It's more like MSNBC has been "bought out." From what I've read the President of MSNBC, Phil Griffin, has been leaning on lots of hosts on MSNBC. The guy is just a disgusting heavy. Is GE now heading toward getting on the train with the Republicans?

They lose Olberman, they will lose a lot of viewers. What the hell do they think, that they can compete with FOX as a strong right-wing channel? Gezus! I'm looking for a petition to sign to send to MSNBC demanding that they reinstate Olberman immediately!

Old 11-05-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldguardduke74 View Post
The Reason they don't allow their employees to contribute is because the "NATIONAL PRESS" CAN and HAS UNFAIRLY INFLUENCED THE OUTCOME OF THE ELECTION OF A CANDIDATE!!!DOES THE NAME OBAMA RING A BELL?
No. Olberman did not campaign for any of the candidates he donated to.......the policy at MSNBC is somewhat new. It says that employees CAN DONATE, but first they have to get permission of the "bosses." WHY? How does getting permission from the "bosses" have any effect on "influencing the outcome of an election"? Huh? Unless, of course, the bosses insist that the employees only donate to the candidates which the company "supports."

Old 11-05-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
There IS a reason the legitimate, credible, still biased news crew of NBC, Gregory, Mitchell, Brokaw, DID NOT appear on MSNBC.

There have been rumor the REAL journalists feel the MSNBC left-wing kooks discredit NBC with their blatant bias.

What intellect?

Obsession is a hard one to break.

The new management must be tired of sucking hind t*t to Fox, day after day, month after month, year after year.
So you think MSNBC is dumb enough to try to compete with FOX in terms of right wing extremists? I think MSNBC has been "bought out" by the same people who funded the tea party folks, BIG OIL, BIG CORPORATE INTERESTS. GE is throwing liberals under the bus. We all need to take note of this and be concerned. WHERE is any other strong liberal voice on cable? You may hate liberals, but you'd been preaching to the choir every day if we were silenced. And you just might be out of a job.

Old 11-05-2010, 04:50 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD360 View Post
There was no such rule when Scarborough made his donation.
Thanks, I just saw that. Apples to oranges then.

Old 11-05-2010, 04:54 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Just heard on the radio, so no link. should be able to find it on your own.

He contrributed to 3 political campaigns, which violates MSNBC's code of ethics (they have those????).

HAH!!!!

Perhaps it was just for some quiet time. That is one man that will need ALOT of quiet time to regain his composure and sanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies