Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 10:49 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,618,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
ethics, morals, truth, the economy and everything else.
How can anyone from the left speak of ethics, morals and truth???? The left was resoundingly trounced at the polls last Tuesday for showing their lack of all of the above!!! The left will become more and more insignificant as news organizations interested in survival see the light and start reporting the news instead of fabricating it. MSNBC has 1/10 of the viewers Fox has on any given hour of any given day. They have absoliutely NO credibility. Keith Olbermann is prime example of a leftist idealogical hack.
The tide has changed lefties...your time has come....and gone...
Conservatives will restore this country to its' former greatness despite your efforts to force its' demise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 11:11 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,617,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
How can anyone from the left speak of ethics, morals and truth???? The left was resoundingly trounced at the polls last Tuesday for showing their lack of all of the above!!! The left will become more and more insignificant as news organizations interested in survival see the light and start reporting the news instead of fabricating it. MSNBC has 1/10 of the viewers Fox has on any given hour of any given day. They have absoliutely NO credibility. Keith Olbermann is prime example of a leftist idealogical hack.
Conservatives will restore this country to its' former greatness despite your efforts to force its' demise.

I don't think the liberals' protective bubble has totally burst yet. Witness Pelosi's going after the Minority position! Even her own kind don't want her!! Laying low and going into hiding might be their best move for now. Unless they want to get on board and try to help fix the massive mess they have gotten us into!!

Old 11-06-2010, 07:16 PM

565 posts, read 485,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The cost of sending warships (again if it had been true) would have made the figures extremely believable.

To follow your logic, should we also add the cost of a trip to the moon ???

Old 11-06-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
So the queston is WHAT IS THE MOTIVE FOR PUTTING OUT A STORY LIKE THIS WITHOUT CHECKING THE FACTS?
Don't confuse them with the facts. It is deliberate ignorance, they don't desire truth.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The cost of sending warships (again if it had been true) would have made the figures extremely believable.
I am sorry, I am coming back to this.

The cost of [whatever] (again if it had been true) would have made the figures extremely believable.

I don't know if you are aware of it, but you crafted a masterpiece.

Last edited by henrjam; 11-06-2010 at 08:35 PM..

Old 11-06-2010, 08:42 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,512,309 times
No job, no money and endless credit, so you book a trip for 10 days to Hawaii, on the card.

Can I have an endless credit card, too?

Old 11-06-2010, 11:33 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,944,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post

What was your point in chopping my post down to three words, as I pointed out, the lies and propaganda are coming from the right at this point. I don't see why anyone would want to align themselves with known liars, unless they are doing the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
First of all, there is a difference between asking a question and spreading lies. Previous presidents were questioned and criticized, but when a congress woman and cable news network spend an entire day spreading lies and blatently ignoring facts, that's extreme. The 200 million a day is incorrect and knowing this, you continue on. I have posted links to back my point up several times. No Obama is not being treated like past presidents and as for what you are saying about MSNBC, you are incorrect. Rachel Maddow had a whole segment about it on her show yesterday. I saw her show and Anderson Cooper's. As a matter of fact, they also discussed it on CNN again today and said it would take an entourage of 50,000 people for it to cost 200 million/day. Obama has approximately 1,000 with him (less than Clinton did when he want to Africa which at 5 million/day). You know this is a lie. No matter how many times the facts are presented, you refuse to see them, unless of course they work to the advantage of the delusional world of the far right where discrediting Obama is more important than the country, ethics, morals, truth, the economy and everything else.
The majority of Germans once sided with Hitler. I couldn't care less how many people agree or disagree with Fox News. I am capable of formulating my own opinion, unlike those jumping on the Fox News bandwagon. Fox News lied and you're defense is that the left is immoral and that Republicans won the election? Telling lies is immoral, period and so what their ratings are high, it doesn't justify the spreading of misinformation. Nor does it make them right. You're being brainwashed. Wake up.

Quote:
In logic, an argumentum ad populum (Latin: "appeal to the people") is a fallacious argument that concludes a proposition to be true because many or all people believe it; it alleges: "If many believe so, it is so."
This type of argument is known by several names,[1] including appeal to the masses, appeal to belief, appeal to the majority, appeal to the people, argument by consensus, authority of the many, and bandwagon fallacy, and in Latin by the names argumentum ad populum ("appeal to the people"), argumentum ad numerum ("appeal to the number"), and consensus gentium ("agreement of the clans"). It is also the basis of a number of social phenomena, including communal reinforcement and the bandwagon effect, the spreading of various religious beliefs, and of the Chinese proverb "three men make a tiger".
Argumentum ad populum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies