U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2010, 03:13 PM

202 posts, read 324,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Wrong. Sharia law is extensive and includes interactions between Muslims and non-Muslims, including spelling out the value of life for Muslims and non-Muslims (hint: thery're not equal).
Really? Where did you get that from? Apart from being charged a tax that is only for non-muslims, that's the extent of differences in the community context. As long as the non-muslims agree to live peacefully with muslims and not tread on their religion and defend the community as a whole and not just the non-muslims, the non-muslims are treated equally.

Did you know that Shariah protects ALL places of Religious Worship??? In a battle, it is forbidden to attack or destroy ANY place of worship whether it be a synagogue, church, or mosque. Shariah protects the sanctity of ALL LIFE forms, including animal and plant life forms, and it is FORBIDDEN in battle for killing of animals or plant life (and if the plant life is disturbed it MUST be replanted and attended to). Shariah protects the sanctity of ALL INNOCENT civilians (there is no concept of collateral damage like the U.S. military loves to practice) - it is FORBIDDEN in Islam in battle for children, women, old people, disable people, anyone who is not a soldier fighting in the battle, to be killed. That's right - it's FORBIDDEN. That is Shariah. I am sorry you are so misguided in your understanding of it. I pray that you seek to further your knowledge and seek true guidance from the One above and may His light enter your heart. Ameen.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 03:20 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,406,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Seriously, I just love this. It's absolutely wonderful.

The US muscles its way into other countries and rams American values down other people's throats.

Well, now Americans are getting a taste of their own medicine, and it doesn't seem they like it.

Boohoo.
No, this is about american judges abusing their power

Old 11-08-2010, 03:41 PM

11,662 posts, read 5,381,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m92tiger View Post
Really? Where did you get that from? Apart from being charged a tax that is only for non-muslims, that's the extent of differences in the community context. As long as the non-muslims agree to live peacefully with muslims and not tread on their religion and defend the community as a whole and not just the non-muslims, the non-muslims are treated equally.

Did you know that Shariah protects ALL places of Religious Worship??? In a battle, it is forbidden to attack or destroy ANY place of worship whether it be a synagogue, church, or mosque. Shariah protects the sanctity of ALL LIFE forms, including animal and plant life forms, and it is FORBIDDEN in battle for killing of animals or plant life (and if the plant life is disturbed it MUST be replanted and attended to). Shariah protects the sanctity of ALL INNOCENT civilians (there is no concept of collateral damage like the U.S. military loves to practice) - it is FORBIDDEN in Islam in battle for children, women, old people, disable people, anyone who is not a soldier fighting in the battle, to be killed. That's right - it's FORBIDDEN. That is Shariah. I am sorry you are so misguided in your understanding of it. I pray that you seek to further your knowledge and seek true guidance from the One above and may His light enter your heart. Ameen.
I get the tax, Sunni vs Shiite

But what I don't get is:

Out of Sight, Out of Mind, Dead. | Christianpost.com

Deadly Baghdad church siege highlights threat to Iraqi Christians - CSMonitor.com

Dozens killed Baghdad Christian church bloodbath | Stuff.co.nz

Bomb Blasts Kill More Than 40 Across Baghdad - Roadside Bomb Gossip

Iraqi Christians mourn after church siege kills 58 - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101101/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_iraq - broken link)

Al Qaeda in Iraq claims massacre at Christian church in Baghdad - The Long War Journal

None of these have anything to do with taxation.

PS: What's forbidden again? Perhaps there is something that got lost in 'the translation'.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 11-08-2010 at 03:43 PM.. Reason: ps

Old 11-08-2010, 04:32 PM

2,086 posts, read 2,278,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
This law banning the use/consideration of Muslim Law or any International Law in the Oklahoma Courts was recently passed with 70% of Oklahoma voter approval. Now the Muslim Group, CARE is suing to have it repealed.

Seems to me that in America, our courts should continue to base decisions on the laws of our country, not religion or other country's law. Britain, apparently is already using the Sharia Law in 85 Courts. When does a country stop being its own country?

Muslim Sues Oklahoma Over Anti-Shariah Ballot Measure - FoxNews.com
When we get weak people like Obama in and become a PC country, that is when we stop being our own country.

Old 11-08-2010, 04:49 PM

3,644 posts, read 5,802,220 times
Quote:

It s a lot more than just the jizya (tax on non-Muslims). It is all non-Muslims living in a state of perpetual submission to Muslims. Afterall, that is what Islam means --submission. Look up the "Pact of Umar" which formes the basis of perscribed interactions between Muslims and dhimmis (people who have submitted to and live under the 'protection' of Muslims). Here is a good link for starters: Pact of Umar: 717- 720 AD (Myth of Islamic Tolerance of Christians)

These are the conditions imposed on the non-Muslims.
We shall not build, in our cities or in their neighborhood, new monasteries, Churches, convents, or monks' cells, nor shall we repair, by day or by night, such of them as fall in ruins or are situated in the quarters of the Muslims.
We shall keep our gates wide open for passersby and travelers. We shall give board and lodging to all Muslims who pass our way for three days.
We shall not give shelter in our churches or in our dwellings to any spy, nor bide him from the Muslims.
We shall not teach the Qur'an to our children.
We shall not manifest our religion publicly nor convert anyone to it. We shall not prevent any of our kin from entering Islam if they wish it.
We shall show respect toward the Muslims, and we shall rise from our seats when they wish to sit.
We shall not seek to resemble the Muslims by imitating any of their garments, the qalansuwa, the turban, footwear, or the parting of the hair. We shall not speak as they do, nor shall we adopt their kunyas.
We shall not mount on saddles, nor shall we gird swords nor bear any kind of arms nor carry them on our- persons.
We shall not engrave Arabic inscriptions on our seals.
We shall not sell fermented drinks.
We shall clip the fronts of our heads.
We shall always dress in the same way wherever we may be, and we shall bind the zunar round our waists
We shall not display our crosses or our books in the roads or markets of the Muslims. We shall use only clappers in our churches very softly. We shall not raise our voices when following our dead. We shall not show lights on any of the roads of the Muslims or in their markets. We shall not bury our dead near the Muslims.
We shall not take slaves who have been allotted to Muslims.
We shall not build houses overtopping the houses of the Muslims.

Some of them sound stupid in today's context but they all served very important purposes in the day. Not all of them are enforeced today in every Muslim country -- even the ones enforcing Sharia law -- but hte point is they all COULD BE enforced at any time. A dhimmi's life under Islam is always hanging by a thread.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:13 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,603,621 times
Quote:
That's completely false.

Eleanora, have you ever been to one of those muslim countries you are speaking of? Actually that is a rhetorical question because it's obvious that you have not. I really wish you would get your head out of your little box and travel the world. You might be surprised what you find.
Why don't I start with Afghanistan?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/08/wo...html?ref=world

They marry off the 12 year olds over there.

Or I know! I'll go visit the United Arab Emirates. They've ruled it okay to beat wives and children:

UAE Gives Men the Okay to Beat Their Wives and Children | Women's Rights | Change.org

Better yet. I could go to Saudi Arabia. Not only would I have to give up my driver's license and have my testimony counted as half a man's, I would also need to beg a man's permission for elective surgery! Yahoo!

UNHCR | Refworld | Saudi Arabia: Women's Rights Promises Broken

Thanks but no thanks.

I don't want Islam overseas and I don't want it here either. The last Muslim I had the misfortune to live near was completely repulsive. She wouldn't speak to the guy next door even though he was gay enough to set off your grandmother's gaydar. At the height of summer would parade around the block with her seven children -- the boys in shorts and the girls in shrouds. My neighbors and I hated her for it.

Ick.

I am no one's dhimmi. I am most certainly no ludicrously arrogant tiny brained Muslim man's chattel because a 6th century pedophile told him so.

Old 11-08-2010, 06:04 PM

2,560 posts, read 5,399,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
Good for Oklahoma

And..........if a judge says it is against OUR CONSTITUTION, he/she will be looking for a new career!

Old 11-08-2010, 07:37 PM

14,076 posts, read 18,657,809 times
Quote:

Then, the perpetrators of 9/11 weren't practicing Sharia, right? If not, what WERE they practicing?

Old 11-08-2010, 07:39 PM

14,076 posts, read 18,657,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
When we get weak people like Obama in and become a PC country, that is when we stop being our own country.

What on earth does Barack Obama have to do with The People of Oklahoma voting in a law or with CAIR suing in Federal District Court?

Old 11-08-2010, 08:11 PM

5,426 posts, read 5,986,143 times
From a legal standpoint, the "sharia" part of the law is not even the most interesting - or controversial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies