U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-10-2010, 01:20 AM
 
202 posts, read 324,891 times
Reputation: 156

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Why don't I start with Afghanistan?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/08/wo...html?ref=world

They marry off the 12 year olds over there.

Or I know! I'll go visit the United Arab Emirates. They've ruled it okay to beat wives and children:

UAE Gives Men the Okay to Beat Their Wives and Children | Women's Rights | Change.org

Better yet. I could go to Saudi Arabia. Not only would I have to give up my driver's license and have my testimony counted as half a man's, I would also need to beg a man's permission for elective surgery! Yahoo!

UNHCR | Refworld | Saudi Arabia: Women's Rights Promises Broken

Thanks but no thanks.

I don't want Islam overseas and I don't want it here either. The last Muslim I had the misfortune to live near was completely repulsive. She wouldn't speak to the guy next door even though he was gay enough to set off your grandmother's gaydar. At the height of summer would parade around the block with her seven children -- the boys in shorts and the girls in shrouds. My neighbors and I hated her for it.

Ick.

I am no one's dhimmi. I am most certainly no ludicrously arrogant tiny brained Muslim man's chattel because a 6th century pedophile told him so.
People on this thread are severely brainwashed. I don't know what to say other than stop looking for your information about Islam from people who hate Islam or have an agenda to skew/frame/contextualize negative information about Islam and/or Islamic countries. Just because something negative exists in a country that is predominantly muslim, does not mean that it comes from Islam. Islam means submission to GOD. Peace through the submission to the will of Allah. Meaning you have no more control over nature/universal laws than the next man - all of that is under the control of Allah, and when you submit to that (Let Go, Let God - ever heard of it?), you will gain peace in your heart.

dhimmis?? This word does not exist in the Qur'an or in accepted Hadith.

The fact that you want to try to destroy Islam throughout the world, that makes YOU the terrorist trying to impose their religious and/or political ideology on the rest of the world. Why can't you live and let live??? That's all muslims "over there" want. And the reason that I beg of you to travel overseas to muslim countries is because you will find that these muslims that you seem to fear so much are just llike you and your neighbor - they just want to live peacefully and morally. The most of them could care less what your religion is or isn't. Apparently you are of the extremist vein however, caring what other's religion is and wanting to destroy it and or forcefully change it.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-10-2010, 01:48 AM
 
202 posts, read 324,891 times
Reputation: 156
This is for all those on here who only know/read/seek anti-muslim sources in order to "understand" Islam. First, let me give you an analogy in regards to knowledge seeking and from whom you should seek that knowledge: If you want to learn the Spanish language, would you seek out someone who spoke only tourist level spanish and hated spanish language and culture on top of it? I would hope not!!! So when you rely on anti-muslim sources for your education on Islam, you will get the same weak and wrong knowledge that you would if you tried to learn Spanish from someone who barely knew the language and hated it as well.

So here's a link for you all to start out with in your journey:

Non-Muslims (Islaam.Com)
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2010, 02:11 AM
 
3,566 posts, read 4,809,680 times
Reputation: 1855
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
How can anyone believe that a man who thinks it is his right to have sex whenever he wants, even without his wife's consent, and therefore by force, is not a potential danger to the wife?

The judge did in fact use Sharia Law to excuse the man's intentions and acts that caused physical harm to his wife.
Informed, that is the question of the hour in at least 33 states. If you go look at the document (and go read the footnotes as well) the only evidence they had to go on was the pictures. That was thrown out of court, however, Judge Charles never went back and altered the ruling. It was not admissable because it was hearsay and NO ONE, which the Appellate court acknowledged, in that court document was saying that it was. And we aren't looking for beyond a shadow of a doubt here, we are only looking for a preponderance. They could not establish a preponderance.

Because there are so many domestic violence cases that are considered frivolous and because there is an actual pattern to it, it is necessary to establish one to see into the future if that individual is an actual threat. That is the only thing that he is allowed to rule on--future, because it is a restraing order. Hence, restrain from future criminal offenses. At the same time, spousal rape is A-Ok and can only be prosecuted under specific circumstances in those 33 states.

So, if you don't like what you see then you are either against IPV or you are not.

The judge lacked the authority to try it as a criminal case. Not his jurisdiction. He doesn't have the authority to put him on trial for his past, but for the future. He noted, three weeks. There was no pattern. He already HAD a criminal case pending. That is the right jurisdiction to nail him on. But the criminal case they are going to need beyond a shadow of a doubt. If they can't establish preponderance, what do you have for beyond a shadow?

And, you're a dude, methinks that beyond a shadow of a doubt would be important in dealing with anything that comes close to rape---spousal or otherwise.

It isn't a Sharia case. It was nothing more than a final restraining order.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2010, 02:17 AM
 
3,566 posts, read 4,809,680 times
Reputation: 1855
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
...which has nothing to do with the NJ case of the Muslim man sexually assaulting his wife. It's illegal in NJ, as well as in International Law, but the judge found no criminal intent because of the man's belief in Islamic Sharia Law.

It has EVERYTHING to do with this.


This is why you have so many problems prosecuting it now.

The only reason that you give a damn is because there is a muslim involved. Before this, you would not care at all. And it shows. In fact, you and people like you are the problem----not the solution.

Whip spousal rape out when it suits you. Not because you give a damn. You don't even have the ability to recognize where in our court system that protection lies. Nice 'effin job, man. Meanwhile, IPV rolla on. Thanks.

Last edited by Pandamonium; 11-10-2010 at 03:32 AM..
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2010, 02:37 AM
 
3,566 posts, read 4,809,680 times
Reputation: 1855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
How do you think this defense would fly for an American? As an attorney would you rely on it as a defense? As a client would you feel confident with an attorney that used this defense?
It flies all the time. The question is..........why didn't you know that before hand?


Oh! Oh! Oh!

Because prior to this, you didn't object. In fact, it maybe crossed your mind, but nothing you advocated against-not your problem. Simply put, you did not give a damn. But hey, lets rise again to protect the white women.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2010, 05:11 AM
 
19,215 posts, read 13,833,746 times
Reputation: 2337
How old do Islamists believe the world is?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2010, 08:37 AM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,605,229 times
Reputation: 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by m92tiger View Post
People on this thread are severely brainwashed. I don't know what to say other than stop looking for your information about Islam from people who hate Islam or have an agenda to skew/frame/contextualize negative information about Islam and/or Islamic countries. Just because something negative exists in a country that is predominantly muslim, does not mean that it comes from Islam. Islam means submission to GOD. Peace through the submission to the will of Allah. Meaning you have no more control over nature/universal laws than the next man - all of that is under the control of Allah, and when you submit to that (Let Go, Let God - ever heard of it?), you will gain peace in your heart.

dhimmis?? This word does not exist in the Qur'an or in accepted Hadith.

The fact that you want to try to destroy Islam throughout the world, that makes YOU the terrorist trying to impose their religious and/or political ideology on the rest of the world. Why can't you live and let live??? That's all muslims "over there" want. And the reason that I beg of you to travel overseas to muslim countries is because you will find that these muslims that you seem to fear so much are just llike you and your neighbor - they just want to live peacefully and morally. The most of them could care less what your religion is or isn't. Apparently you are of the extremist vein however, caring what other's religion is and wanting to destroy it and or forcefully change it.
The Islamic refusal to accept any kind of criticism of Islam is one of the least attractive feature of Islam. Right up there with the tendancy to play the perpetual victim when any demands for change are ever brought up. I'll live and let live when Muslims stop treating half their population like dirt, allow freedom of religion for ALL faiths in their own countries and stop preaching hatred against their fellow human beings just because they don't have the misfortune to be Muslim men.

In the meantime I'll keep myself and my tourist dollars in places where I don't have to shroud myself just because I'm a woman or worry that my gay friends are being killed just because they're gay or enter a mosque with Death to America and Death to Israel signs all over the place thankyouverymuch.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2010, 10:19 AM
 
74,815 posts, read 34,953,571 times
Reputation: 10599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
The judge lacked the authority to try it as a criminal case. Not his jurisdiction. He doesn't have the authority to put him on trial for his past, but for the future. He noted, three weeks. There was no pattern. He already HAD a criminal case pending. That is the right jurisdiction to nail him on. But the criminal case they are going to need beyond a shadow of a doubt. If they can't establish preponderance, what do you have for beyond a shadow?
You are completely missing the point. The judge refused to grant a restraining order, citing the man's belief (Islamic Sharia Law) as proof of lack of criminal intent.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2010, 10:20 AM
 
74,815 posts, read 34,953,571 times
Reputation: 10599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
The Islamic refusal to accept any kind of criticism of Islam is one of the least attractive feature of Islam. Right up there with the tendancy to play the perpetual victim when any demands for change are ever brought up. I'll live and let live when Muslims stop treating half their population like dirt, allow freedom of religion for ALL faiths in their own countries and stop preaching hatred against their fellow human beings just because they don't have the misfortune to be Muslim men.
Excellent points.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2010, 10:23 AM
 
74,815 posts, read 34,953,571 times
Reputation: 10599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
But hey, lets rise again to protect the white women.
Why are you bringing your racist opinion into this discussion?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top