U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 03:49 AM

11,662 posts, read 5,388,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by m92tiger View Post
Exactly.

And @ Actonbell - do you realize that only muslims make up a mere 1% of the US population? I am a muslim american living in the US and I can tell you that I have never heard an Imam or any of my muslim comrades speak of the desire to instill shariah law in the US. This whole "Fear Shariah Law Now" is just another propaganda technique instilled upon you via the media in order to justify current actions in afghanistan as well as potential future actions on Iran. You really should worry much less about Shariah law, and much more about how much the laws of the US have changed, and not for the better, and not because of Shariah law. Think about it.
Hello, propaganda?...two links to interesting reads.

Islam: Governing Under Sharia - Council on Foreign Relations
Quote:
A movement to allow sharia to govern personal status law, a set of regulations that pertain to marriage, divorce, inheritance, and custody, is even expanding into the West. "There are so many varying interpretations of what sharia actually means that in some places it can be incorporated into political systems relatively easily," says Steven A. Cook, CFR senior fellow for Middle Eastern studies.
Powered by Google Docs
Quote:
CTC Report
Stealing Al-Qa'ida's Playbook
Feburary 2006

page 7

Based on his reading of these works and the experience of the jihadis in Afghanistan, Naji articulates a grand strategy for defeating the United States. First, he observes that after the rise of the two superpowers following World War II, nations allied themselves with the United States or the Soviet Union in return for financial and military support.10 The jihadi movement had been unsuccessful in the past because the superpowers propped up these proxy governments and convinced the masses through the media that they were invincible.11 The solution, Naji says, is to provoke a superpower into invading the Middle East directly. This will result in a great propaganda victory for the jihadis because the people will 1) be impressed that the jihadis are directly fighting a superpower, 2) be outraged over the invasion of a foreign power, 3) be disabused of the notion that the superpower is invincible the longer the war goes on, and, 4) be angry at the proxy governments allied with the invading superpower.12 Moreover, he argues, it will bleed the superpower’s economy and military.13 This will lead to social unrest at home and the ultimate defeat of the superpower.14

Naji does not suffer under the illusion that the jihadis can defeat the United States in a direct military confrontation; rather, the clash with the United States is more important for propaganda victories in the short term, and the political defeat of the United States in the long‐term, as its society fractures and its economy is further strained.
(my emphasis)
Every time I hear the word propaganda in reference to something we are falling for, I think of this report.

I do think about how the laws have changed in the United States. In 1962 by way of the United Supreme courts interpretation of the 1st Amendment we have declared it's meaning to be and have established a separation of church and state. You think about it.

I've posted a few questions that I would really like to learn some logical answers.

You did mention Iran and that is a whole other bit of information that, no...not yet. But I will give you a hint. That lil dude that is over Iran had a spiritual experience. Something to take back to---the people.

Tiger, you're learning something just now, that I have known about for 35 years. This, all of this, it's just get 'en started. (and I was hoping I'd be dead by now)

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 11-16-2010 at 04:10 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 02:25 AM

3,046 posts, read 5,583,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m92tiger View Post
Exactly.

And @ Actonbell - do you realize that only muslims make up a mere 1% of the US population? I am a muslim american living in the US and I can tell you that I have never heard an Imam or any of my muslim comrades speak of the desire to instill shariah law in the US. This whole "Fear Shariah Law Now" is just another propaganda technique instilled upon you via the media in order to justify current actions in afghanistan as well as potential future actions on Iran. You really should worry much less about Shariah law, and much more about how much the laws of the US have changed, and not for the better, and not because of Shariah law. Think about it.

And at only 1% of the population they are already trying to force their cult down our throats at work,in public, sueing everthing and everywhere for their lazy azzes on fridays for special"prayer" places with unheld against them time off work. I've had to work with these nuts and they act like on friday they can't work. Then stay the hell home and stop making my job harder with their stinking foot in my way antics. ANd by the way, that washing their feet in the wash basin at work in the restrooms,(that is there to wash HANDS !!! NOT FEET!!!)then putting stinking socks on their wet feet, is GROSS!!! aND i AM SUPPOSED TO BE NICE TO THESE INPOLITE, EXTREMELY RUDE HUMAN BEINGS? Take the muslim cult and go to hell with it in my opinion. Don't like the way things are in the USA? FEEL free to move out and never come back with your cult.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:22 PM

19,215 posts, read 13,830,211 times
Now, let's see . . those stinking jooze were allowed to practice their LAW while under Roman occupation.

They couldn't convict Christ under Roman Law (secular).

The Romans allowed the Jooze to convict under Jooey Law.

Well, Christ never became a Roman citizen, so what the hey?

The Romans washed their hands of the whole Jewish insanity.

The Romans were more moral and Libertarian.

When in Jew Rule Sylum do what da Jews do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies