U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 09:49 AM

14,076 posts, read 18,671,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You need to get out more. Ask Hindus how great Muslims and their stupid sharia laws were for India, how the Muslims had to divide India so that they could have Pakistan with sharia laws. Ask the Buddhists in Indonesia how great sharia law is when it's imposed. Or the animists and Chrisitans in Sudan or Nigeria. Or just look at what happens to the Jews when Islam instructs it's followers to slaughter all Chrisitans and Jews.

Your blind hatred of Christians shouldn't have you wanting sharia laws imposed on everyone in this country - it won't be imposed only on the despised Chrisitans but on all.

Ummmm....in the first place, you really need to study why, and how, the British colony of India was partitioned into modern-day India, Pakistan and Bangladesh (formerly East Pakistan) in the first place.

Secondly, why would I "hate" Christian's when I am one? Do I "hate" myself?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 09:53 AM

3,566 posts, read 4,809,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
It is? Please explain to those of who may be intellectually challenged how that's true.

This I have to see.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:55 AM

5,412 posts, read 3,744,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
That the law is arbitrary at best and overreaching in its scope at worst? Like it's been said in this very thread before, Shariah law encompasses more than what the garden variety Muslim bashers trot out.
If shariah is not a possibility, then it's no different than a law banning Magic users from casting spells.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:56 AM

3,566 posts, read 4,809,680 times
This is what they wanted outlawed
Fiqh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But they didn't even know the difference. Hahahahahahahaha.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:22 AM

15,921 posts, read 18,350,839 times
Quote:
It's pretty obvious that the Muslims intend to overthrow the laws of this country, replace our government with their own, and that already they don't believe they must abide by our laws.

Deport all of them back to their Islamic paradise where they can live under Sharia law.
I thought in this country one has the freedom to practice their own religion as long as that religion does not break the laws of the land. The sharia law bears no resemblance to modern civilized law. Are these the type of laws you want upheld in American courts? Is this what you want to be associated with?
How is it in America we have to be politically correct (illegal immigrant vs illegal alien etc) and even think of allowing the following mindset into our judicial system?

American Thinker: Top ten reasons why sharia is bad for all societies

10. Islam commands that drinkers and gamblers should be whipped.
9. Islam allows husbands to hit their wives even if the husbands merely fear highhandedness in their wives.
8. Islam allows an injured plaintiff to exact legal revenge—physical eye for physical eye.
7. Islam commands that a male and female thief must have a hand cut off.
6. Islam commands that highway robbers should be crucified or mutilated.
5. Islam commands that homosexuals must be executed.
4. Islam orders unmarried fornicators to be whipped and adulterers to be stoned to death.
3. Islam orders death for Muslim and possible death for non—Muslim critics of Muhammad and the Quran and even sharia itself.
2. Islam orders apostates to be killed.
1. Islam commands offensive and aggressive and unjust jihad.

Last edited by plwhit; 11-06-2010 at 10:32 AM..

Old 11-06-2010, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
I thought in this country one has the freedom to practice their own religion as long as that religion does not break the laws of the land. The sharia law bears no resemblance to modern civilized law.

Are these the type of laws you want upheld in American courts? Is this what you want to be associated with?

American Thinker: Top ten reasons why sharia is bad for all societies

10. Islam commands that drinkers and gamblers should be whipped.
9. Islam allows husbands to hit their wives even if the husbands merely fear highhandedness in their wives.
8. Islam allows an injured plaintiff to exact legal revenge—physical eye for physical eye.
7. Islam commands that a male and female thief must have a hand cut off.
6. Islam commands that highway robbers should be crucified or mutilated.
5. Islam commands that homosexuals must be executed.
4. Islam orders unmarried fornicators to be whipped and adulterers to be stoned to death.
3. Islam orders death for Muslim and possible death for non—Muslim critics of Muhammad and the Quran and even sharia itself.
2. Islam orders apostates to be killed.
1. Islam commands offensive and aggressive and unjust jihad.

I hate to be the one who tells you this, but I know more than a few of my fellow Southern Baptist's who would be more than willing to go along with nearly all of that.

Should laws based upon Southern Baptist beliefs be targeted too?

Old 11-06-2010, 10:35 AM

15,921 posts, read 18,350,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I hate to be the one who tells you this, but I know more than a few of my fellow Southern Baptist's who would be more than willing to go along with nearly all of that.

Should laws based upon Southern Baptist beliefs be targeted too?
Are your fellow southern baptist's suing to have their beliefs incorporated into the American legal system?

Old 11-06-2010, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Are your fellow southern baptist's suing to have their beliefs incorporated into the American legal system?

Prohibit any laws based upon the Bible and watch them run for their lawyers.

Old 11-06-2010, 12:33 PM

202 posts, read 324,891 times
Quote:
It's pretty obvious that the Muslims intend to overthrow the laws of this country, replace our government with their own, and that already they don't believe they must abide by our laws.

Deport all of them back to their Islamic paradise where they can live under Sharia law.
Wow. Just WOW. The ignorance displayed by you and the majority of posters posting on this thread is disheartening to say the least, it is also especially frightening.

Muslims DO NOT WANT TO REPLACE YOUR STUPID U.S. FACIST GOVT. I am a muslim. I am American. I know muslims here and across the world. What muslims in islamic countries WOULD LOVE is the U.S. govt to stop bombing and killing innocent people in the "name of freedom" just so that they can continue to fill their greedy coffers.

I guess all the FoxNewsTards that posted on here after my post FAILED TO READ MY POST which clearly stated that in Islam it is COMMANDED by SHARIAH that a MUSLIM follows the LAWS of the COUNTRY IN WHICH THEY ABIDE so long as those laws don't make the muslim do anti-islamic practices. AND IN THAT CASE, THE QUR'AN COMMANDS (ALAS SHARIAH) THE MUSLIM TO MOVE TO A COUNTRY WHERE THEY ARE NOT FORCED TO PRACTICE UNISLAMIC PRACTICES. That is Shariah. What can't you Uneducated Ignorant Rednecks not get about that??

GEEZ LUIZ, For the love of God, please stop watching your brainnumbing news programs. Turn of the TV and go outside and go meet some local muslims and ask them about Shariah and who they are and what they want for this country. You might be surprised that it is nothing like what the propagandatalking heads on Fox have to say about it.

Old 11-06-2010, 12:50 PM

56,217 posts, read 30,520,723 times
You don't have to wonder why that state is a backwards, poverty stricken dump. If your politics aren't to the right of Atilla the Hun, you're considered a hippie there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies