U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 01:03 PM

313 posts, read 529,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
T Sharia only applies to Muslims. IT DOES NOT APPLY TO NON-MUSLIMS. And what's more, Muslims have the right to opt out of it if they wish. It's judgements are nonbinding. The people of Oklahoma have no idea what they just voted against. I doubt that very few people even know what Sharia is.
Tell that to, say, this guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You don't have to wonder why that state is a backwards, poverty stricken dump. If your politics aren't to the right of Atilla the Hun, you're considered a hippie there.
Combine their median income and cost of living and they're pretty much average for the country, with one of the fastest growing economies.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 01:11 PM

56,217 posts, read 30,477,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Careless View Post
Tell that to, say, this guy

Combine their median income and cost of living and they're pretty much average for the country, with one of the fastest growing economies.
I stand by my comments.

Old 11-06-2010, 01:34 PM

11,662 posts, read 5,381,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I think I'll get one of my friends up in Oklahoma to propose a Constitutional amendment which bars basing any laws on the Ten Commandments.

Don't laugh. If laws based upon one religion can be curtailed, so can laws based upon any religion.

See? This is what the fundamentalist's never consider (And, I am one; a real, authentic Hard-Shelled Baptist) because they don't know or understand the Constitution and it's provisions for equality before the law. Just as in the issue of public prayer, they don't understand that if one religion can be banned or receive special favors under the law, so can others.
Our laws are not based on the ten commandments or anything remotely religions. We are not nor have we ever been a country founded on Judeo-Christianity. Did you not get the memo.

Free Footbaths :: Accuracy In Academia

Old 11-06-2010, 03:21 PM

14,076 posts, read 18,657,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
Our laws are not based on the ten commandments or anything remotely religions. We are not nor have we ever been a country founded on Judeo-Christianity. Did you not get the memo.

Free Footbaths :: Accuracy In Academia
Our laws aren't based upon the Qu'ran either, but that didn't stop Oklahoma from banning it.

Old 11-06-2010, 04:27 PM

15,172 posts, read 16,854,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m92tiger View Post
Wow. Just WOW. The ignorance displayed by you and the majority of posters posting on this thread is disheartening to say the least, it is also especially frightening.

Muslims DO NOT WANT TO REPLACE YOUR STUPID U.S. FACIST GOVT. I am a muslim. I am American. I know muslims here and across the world. What muslims in islamic countries WOULD LOVE is the U.S. govt to stop bombing and killing innocent people in the "name of freedom" just so that they can continue to fill their greedy coffers.

I guess all the FoxNewsTards that posted on here after my post FAILED TO READ MY POST which clearly stated that in Islam it is COMMANDED by SHARIAH that a MUSLIM follows the LAWS of the COUNTRY IN WHICH THEY ABIDE so long as those laws don't make the muslim do anti-islamic practices. AND IN THAT CASE, THE QUR'AN COMMANDS (ALAS SHARIAH) THE MUSLIM TO MOVE TO A COUNTRY WHERE THEY ARE NOT FORCED TO PRACTICE UNISLAMIC PRACTICES. That is Shariah. What can't you Uneducated Ignorant Rednecks not get about that??

GEEZ LUIZ, For the love of God, please stop watching your brainnumbing news programs. Turn of the TV and go outside and go meet some local muslims and ask them about Shariah and who they are and what they want for this country. You might be surprised that it is nothing like what the propagandatalking heads on Fox have to say about it.
I know very little about Shariah Law, other than the misogynist aspects, and honor killings. Would you mind sharing a few examples of un-Islamic practices?

Old 11-06-2010, 05:01 PM

29,986 posts, read 39,377,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
And no one saw this coming.

AMAZING.
CAIR sues any anything that impedes their path to Islamify the US judiciary system the way they have been able to do in Britain. No surprise there, nor was the lawsuit. Cair is tied to the terrorist organization The Muslim Brotherhood and has a seat at the highest levels of our government. They must be fought at every opportunity from gaining ground in our jusdicial system or we will see what has happned in Britian happen in the USA.

Old 11-06-2010, 05:07 PM

29,986 posts, read 39,377,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Our laws aren't based upon the Qu'ran either, but that didn't stop Oklahoma from banning it.
stillkit, how about some intellectual honesty, please? Do you think you can do that?

It was Sharia Law that was banned from consideration in the Oklahoma courts in place of current law, not the Qu'ran. One law for all; not many laws depending upon one's religion. How do you see a problem with this? Seriously? Even the aethist Richard Dawkins in Britian understand how Sharia Law hus undermined the courts in Britain.

Sharia Law - New Channel TV & One Law for All - RichardDawkins.net

Which 10 commandment similar laws would you have stricken? Would you make it legal to murder and to steal? Really? Because that is all I even see remotely related to the 10 commandments. I think most nations outlaw those activities.

Old 11-06-2010, 05:16 PM

10,002 posts, read 9,496,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Careless View Post

Oklahoma is prospering in large part because the entire state is more or less on federal welfare. It is easy to present the facade of success when you get 1.36 for every dollar you pay out.

The Tax Foundation - Tax Research Areas > Oklahoma (see last paragraph)

Old 11-06-2010, 07:45 PM

4,797 posts, read 11,218,417 times
So Oklahoma bans sharia law and San Francisco bans McDonalds happy meals. I wonder if Stephen Colbert had any stupid snarky comments to make about San Francisco.
Sharia may not be here yet, but with an ever increasing Muslim population immigrating to the US, there will be demands for it.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:23 PM

16,966 posts, read 31,069,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Isn't that they are suing proof that they intend to try to establish shariah?

Wouldn't it have been better to say "Though we dislike this law, we never had any ideas of establishing sharia here, and this law is about creating fear, but in reality it bans nothing" ??

Instead theywant it overturned. What does that say?
Our laws are being used against us in order to get what they want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies