U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2010, 08:55 PM

16,966 posts, read 31,069,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Ummmm....in the first place, you really need to study why, and how, the British colony of India was partitioned into modern-day India, Pakistan and Bangladesh (formerly East Pakistan) in the first place.

Secondly, why would I "hate" Christian's when I am one? Do I "hate" myself?
You might not hate "Christians" but knowing a bunch of Southern Baptists on my in-laws side, they can barely tolerate Catholics, or anyone not like them. They will judge anybody with the best of them -- after all if you're not saved...
It vaguely reminds me of Muslims and dhimmis.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 09:13 PM

16,966 posts, read 31,069,583 times
Quote:
I hate to be the one who tells you this, but I know more than a few of my fellow Southern Baptist's who would be more than willing to go along with nearly all of that.

Should laws based upon Southern Baptist beliefs be targeted too?
American Thinker: Islam's Global War against Christianity

Make nice, support Muslims. Just don't forget the Parable of the Snake:

Quote:
Once upon a time there was a serpent who was badly injured in a fight with another animal. It managed to slither away to safety but would have surely died if a benevolent man had not seen it suffering by the side of the road. The goodly man carefully wrapped the snake up and took it to his house, where he bestowed the kindest and gentlest care on the snake until it was healed and could return to the wild. Just as the man was releasing the serpent back into the grass, the ungrateful snake turned and bit him on the hand.

"What did you do that for?" cried the man, who knew that the bite of this particular snake was usually fatal. "Didn't I take care of you when no one else would?"

The snake shrugged (no small feat for a snake!) and replied to the benevolent--and now doomed-- man, "What did you expect? You knew I was a snake when you picked me up."

Old 11-06-2010, 09:27 PM

29,986 posts, read 39,377,386 times
Stop Shariah Now

Old 11-06-2010, 09:36 PM

11,431 posts, read 17,327,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
This law banning the use/consideration of Muslim Law or any International Law in the Oklahoma Courts was recently passed with 70% of Oklahoma voter approval. Now the Muslim Group, CARE is suing to have it repealed.

Seems to me that in America, our courts should continue to base decisions on the laws of our country, not religion or other country's law. Britain, apparently is already using the Sharia Law in 85 Courts. When does a country stop being its own country?

Muslim Sues Oklahoma Over Anti-Shariah Ballot Measure - FoxNews.com
Living here in the US is a CHOICE to live here. They should expect to abide and live by the customs in this country, not their old one.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:43 PM

5,426 posts, read 5,986,143 times
The seperation of church and state is always a good thing.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:02 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,603,621 times
There are 22 nations in the world with a Muslim majority. In nearly all of those countries women and non-Muslims are second class citizens BY LAW. Islam is nothing more than a philosophy and a rather distasteful one at that. Legislating against the adaptation of it is no different than legislating against child abuse or rape.

I say good for the people in Oklahoma and to hell with CAIR. They are nothing more than a front group for the justification of typical Islamic beliefs that terrorism is justified, misogyny should be the law of the land and religions other than Islam are inherently inferior:

CAIR: Islamists Fooling the Establishment :: Middle East Quarterly

Old 11-06-2010, 10:09 PM

75,574 posts, read 39,161,686 times
Well, law and religion cannot be tied together in this nation. There is no separation of religion and laws in Sharia law.

Old 11-06-2010, 11:25 PM

313 posts, read 529,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Well, law and religion cannot be tied together in this nation. There is no separation of religion and laws in Sharia law.
There are, actually, times when courts in this country have used religious law (usually Jewish, AFAIK) in civil cases in things like divorces where both parties agree that is the system they want to work under. It's basically binding arbitration in a court

Old 11-07-2010, 12:54 AM

11,662 posts, read 5,381,080 times
Quote:
Our laws aren't based upon the Qu'ran either, but that didn't stop Oklahoma from banning it.
Only an ounce of prevention.

Our constitution can not withstand, equality of religion and civil liberties, you know all those things that makes America....special. I suspect Sharia will be amended to our constitution faster than any one can say, okie dokey...

Islam: Governing Under Sharia - Council on Foreign Relations

Old 11-07-2010, 01:12 AM

3,046 posts, read 5,579,664 times
I have this to say about the towel head enemies of our Nation called CAIR. Go to hell where muhammad is forever. On 9-11,I got to see all of shariah law carried out I needed to see to know it is nothing I will ever accept, but will fight to prevent being used in MY Country!!! I say if the muslims feel discriminated against in my Country, then pack their crap and get out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies