Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 06:34 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times

Advertisements

I think I'll get one of my friends up in Oklahoma to propose a Constitutional amendment which bars basing any laws on the Ten Commandments.

Don't laugh. If laws based upon one religion can be curtailed, so can laws based upon any religion.

See? This is what the fundamentalist's never consider (And, I am one; a real, authentic Hard-Shelled Baptist) because they don't know or understand the Constitution and it's provisions for equality before the law. Just as in the issue of public prayer, they don't understand that if one religion can be banned or receive special favors under the law, so can others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 06:40 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
If you want Sharia Law, there are lots of place on this planet that offer it...... don't let the door knob hit cha.........

Ironically.... the fact that we don't have it, is the very reason you are able to leave here "freely" and back to where you came from. Go get allllll the Sharia you want. Quit b@#tchin' about it not being here!

Excuse my french...

I agree!!!

Old 11-06-2010, 06:41 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,885 times
Isn't that they are suing proof that they intend to try to establish shariah?

Wouldn't it have been better to say "Though we dislike this law, we never had any ideas of establishing sharia here, and this law is about creating fear, but in reality it bans nothing" ??

Instead theywant it overturned. What does that say?

Old 11-06-2010, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post

Wouldn't it have been better to say "Though we dislike this law, we never had any ideas of establishing sharia here, and this law is about creating fear, but in reality it bans nothing" ??

Maybe it says they have an appreciation for the Constitution which many here don't seem to have.

Old 11-06-2010, 06:45 AM

Quote:

Well said!

It means we all need to WAKE UP - FAST!

Old 11-06-2010, 06:49 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,213 times
Quote:

That the law is arbitrary at best and overreaching in its scope at worst? Like it's been said in this very thread before, Shariah law encompasses more than what the garden variety Muslim bashers trot out.

Old 11-06-2010, 06:53 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times
I say an ounce of prevention... I'll bet England and France wish they'd had Oklahoma's cajones.

Old 11-06-2010, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
I say an ounce of prevention... I'll bet England and France wish they'd had Oklahoma's cajones.

I tried to rep you, but have to spread more around so here I give you this instead:

Old 11-06-2010, 07:14 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
"[In] Oklahoma, voters overwhelmingly approved state question 755 [to ban Islamic Sharia law], one of the most important initiatives in their state's history. This is great news. Just because something doesn’t exist doesn’t mean you shouldn’t ban it. That's why I have long fought for ballot measures to ban cat pilots, baby curling, and man-futon marriage."

---Stephen Colbert
And there we have it, it's crazy to pass a law against something that doesn't exist BUT it's fine for CARE to sue a state for passing a law against something that doesn't exist.

Old 11-06-2010, 07:23 AM

Let me guess...those of you who support this lunacy are Christian's, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies