Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 07:40 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
"[In] Oklahoma, voters overwhelmingly approved state question 755 [to ban Islamic Sharia law], one of the most important initiatives in their state's history. This is great news. Just because something doesn’t exist doesn’t mean you shouldn’t ban it. That's why I have long fought for ballot measures to ban cat pilots, baby curling, and man-futon marriage."

---Stephen Colbert
Would be funny if it weren't so wrong. Back when people started using tiny hidden cameras to take photos and videos of people undessing, using the bathroom, or having sex,...there were no laws agaisnt such practices. Had state legislatures adapted to technology, they would have been ready with laws when these perverts started their activity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 07:44 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Let me guess...those of you who support this lunacy are Christian's, right?
and those who are against it are anti-Christian leftist who defend muslim terrorist by attacking Christians.

Old 11-06-2010, 07:48 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times
Quote:
I'm a well educated American who realizes that Sharia law isn't about religious practices as much as it is a legal philosophy. I don't care who practices what religion, that's a personal choice. Don't try to replace our current legal system with a legal system based on your religion and it's rules.

Old 11-06-2010, 07:51 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,350,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
and those who are against it are anti-Christian leftist who defend muslim terrorist by attacking Christians.
. They think Christians are fair game, but leave them poor Muslims alone!

Old 11-06-2010, 08:09 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,528,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post

Not me. I'm a fellow Believer, an ardent, fundamentalist Southern Baptist Sunday School teacher and I'm against it. What does that make me? A traitor? Not really saved in the first place? (Careful! Luke 6:37: Judge not, and ye shall not be judged...).

Here's the thing which just so worries me about stuff like this.

So many of my fellow Christian's are scared out of their skins about Islam and would completely overturn the Constitution and the principles it embodies to defend us from it.

I have to ask...why? Aren't y'all convinced that Jesus Christ can overcome Islam? Don't y'all believe the teachings of the Prophet are no match for the power of the Gospel? Do you have so little faith that you have to call upon government to do what the Holy Spirit can easily do on his own?

May I suggest that instead of getting your panties in a knot and running around in circles, you get off your lazy azzes and witness to your Muslim neighbors? It's a fertile field, ripe for the harvest, but you're not going to reach them with the truth of Salvation by the blood of Christ if you treat them like enemies or social and legal outcasts.

Oops. Sorry. That might require some individual effort, some inconveniencing of yourselves in fulfillment of the Great Commission. It's easier just to support idiotic, un-Constitutional laws proposed by those who would use your faith to destroy what made this country great, isn't it? That way, you don't have to get off the couch and actually deal with those people, face to face.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:11 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,349 times
And no one saw this coming.

AMAZING.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:32 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
Good for Oklahoma
It's a shame they even threw the Native Americans in with this bill. So many people (OK voters) will see the word "Islamic" and will have a knee-jerk response.

I would venture a guess, the only reason there was 30% vote against it is because Oklahoma has roughly 30% Native American population. I read something where it may impact the tribal sovereignty rights of Native Americans.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:37 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
It's pretty obvious that the Muslims intend to overthrow the laws of this country, replace our government with their own, and that already they don't believe they must abide by our laws.

Deport all of them back to their Islamic paradise where they can live under Sharia law.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:43 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
You need to get out more. Ask Hindus how great Muslims and their stupid sharia laws were for India, how the Muslims had to divide India so that they could have Pakistan with sharia laws. Ask the Buddhists in Indonesia how great sharia law is when it's imposed. Or the animists and Chrisitans in Sudan or Nigeria. Or just look at what happens to the Jews when Islam instructs it's followers to slaughter all Chrisitans and Jews.

Your blind hatred of Christians shouldn't have you wanting sharia laws imposed on everyone in this country - it won't be imposed only on the despised Chrisitans but on all.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:46 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,528,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's pretty obvious that the Muslims intend to overthrow the laws of this country, replace our government with their own, and that already they don't believe they must abide by our laws.

It is? Please explain to those of who may be intellectually challenged how that's true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies