Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 10:21 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,046,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
As the economic wall of disparity begins to shrink, between whites and blacks...I think it's wonderful that you now see more and more white families moving back into parts of towns and or cities, that their parents fled from decades ago...

Gone are the days that just because you were a young yuppie professional...the banks would extend $500,000 loans to ya...

Now, many 'whites' are feeling the economic pinch, that many folks in the cities have...and as such...are becoming much more practical in choosing their first home...or second home, after loosing the $250,000 home in the suburbs...

As foreclosers show no sign of slowing down...many former suburban families...are discovering that realistate can be had for relative cheap prices in the city...and as such, at least where I'm able to observe, your seeing more 'white' families move back into the 'hood'....and occupying or buying houses and realistate for bargain basement prices...

I think that is a good thing...as these parts of town need more 'diversity'...and whites will bring that badly needed diversity to the hoods that they are now beggining to rehabitate...

When whites and blacks live together, in the same hoods, and their kids hang out, they seem to develope a better understanding of each other...

I observe nothing but peace and harmony where I see these white families re assimilating into hoods that their parents or grandparents fled from decades ago...bravo...
That was the plan from the start... Hello... Subprime Mortgage?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2010, 10:52 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Subprime Mortgages??

Wow...your spinning this off into a very very very interesting notion or possibility...into the realm of 'conspiracy'....'intent'....

Wow...your comment has just added a lot more 'sex appeal' to this thread...
Now I've heard that word thrown around a lot...but have never really sat down and read up on subprime loans, and what their designed to do in the long run...
I will do my homework here soon...

Cause you, may have just uncovered a wickedly designed scheme in the banking industry...all we have to do now is find out who's benefiting from all these foreclosers...yes...all we got to do is follow the money trail....

Old 11-07-2010, 11:05 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,349 times
Quote:
Oh do I have the perfect song for this occasion...unfortunatly I don't have enough data usage left for this cycle to upload it...yep..you guessed it..

'Ebony and Ivory'...by Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder...

A wonderful song, to usher in this new economic reality...

Well, it will be a reverse to where we were many, many years ago. Racism was a deliberate creation and is not just kept alive but antagonized-----busy work for the masses. Maintaining that division means that we aren't paying attention to what is going on.

The problem is that as long as we remain divided we don't stand a chance. United? It is a wrap.

Old 11-07-2010, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Subprime Mortgages??

Wow...your spinning this off into a very very very interesting notion or possibility...into the realm of 'conspiracy'....'intent'....

Wow...your comment has just added a lot more 'sex appeal' to this thread...
Now I've heard that word thrown around a lot...but have never really sat down and read up on subprime loans, and what their designed to do in the long run...
I will do my homework here soon...

Cause you, may have just uncovered a wickedly designed scheme in the banking industry...all we have to do now is find out who's benefiting from all these foreclosers...yes...all we got to do is follow the money trail....
Homework?... You'll throw away your History books...

The Money Masters - Part 1 of 2

The Money Masters - Part 2 of 2

Last edited by HC475; 11-07-2010 at 11:41 AM..

Old 11-07-2010, 11:23 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Hate to be the one to post facts into your typical rant, but subprime mortgages went in far greater numbers to white individuals who were buying homes in the middle and upper class neighborhoods.. Not in poverty stricken neighborhoods.. The whole subprime mortgage meltdown began in the AAA credit rated CDS market.. NOT E credit borrowers..

Old 11-07-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Hate to be the one to post facts into your typical rant, but subprime mortgages went in far greater numbers to white individuals who were buying homes in the middle and upper class neighborhoods.. Not in poverty stricken neighborhoods.. The whole subprime mortgage meltdown began in the AAA credit rated CDS market.. NOT E credit borrowers..
Typical rant?... Have you even read the title of this thread?...

Old 11-07-2010, 11:28 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Typical rant?... Have you even read the title of this thread?...
Yep.. it was just as ridiculous, but at least they acknowledged it as such. you however are insinuating some vast conspiracy to use subprime mortgages to further the cause while ignoring the fact that subprime hurt those first on the upper brackets of society, those who clearly are not moving back into "the hood"

The OPs notion that bringing society down to poverty level is wonderful.. But thats todays society.. Give everyone welfare, give everyone medical, bring everyone down to the bottom level to be equal. Thats an ridiculous opinion but clearly there is a difference between their opinion, and what you proclaimed to be fact, which was wrong.

Old 11-08-2010, 12:28 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Sounds like a pipe dream to me. People self-segregate for a reason (and that's people of all races that do this)... because they are most comfortable around "their own". I realize that the SE tends to be more integrated than the Midwest, but taking one look at the suburbs and collar counties of Chicago and you'll see that almost every town is predominately of ____ race, whichever that may be. The driving factors on where people settle are safety and quality of schools. If those needs are not met in "the 'hood", don't expect a huge influx of anyone to those areas.

And, I'm not positive but are you insinuating that the blacks living in "the hood" are incapable of rehabilitating their own neighborhoods without the help of whites moving into town, and if so, why not?
Most of the whites here (Atlanta) that move into what you would call "the hood" are homosexuals. They don't really care about where they live as long as it is close to Midtown and they don't care about schools because few of them have any minors.

Old 11-08-2010, 12:46 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
What? Why does race always have to be an issue? Why would ANYONE be happy for ANYONE who is doing worse than before?

Is this for real?

People need to think WIN/WIN and not win/lose. WE ARE AMERICANS if you forget. I want my neighbors to do well.
It's funny you want Americans to think this way now. Americans have ALWAYS thought in terms of win/lose when it comes to race in this country.

Last week Mitch McConnell said his goal was to make President Obama a one terms President. I don't think I've ever heard a congressional party leader from either party say that before about an American President. He would rather try to destroy the presidency of Barack Obama than to see President Obama succeed in any way and the country move forward. We are long way from win/win on the issue of race.

Old 11-09-2010, 12:59 PM

243 posts, read 274,860 times
Well this interesting white people are losing everything they own and having to move and yall are celebrating. Yep liberals are so compasionate, rednecks like me could really learn something from yall. I know I have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies