Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 07:29 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I agree. Glenn Beck is an expert propagandist and sadly, very effective.
Proof that propaganda only works on dummies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2010, 07:37 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,024,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Rotfl, because the anti-American, anti-white, Christianphobia liberal propaganda NYT, MSNBC, NPR, PBS, CBS, ABC, Hollywood TV shows and movies, spew on a daily basis isn't powerful in its own right.
Don't you mean "in its own left"???

Old 11-07-2010, 07:39 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Proof that propaganda only works on dummies?
When it's this obvious. As others pointed out some is deep rooted and subliminal. What they show on Fox News is overt. This is what we get for the dumbing down of America. No critical thinking, no fact checks...just Michele Bachmann or Glen Beck said it so it has to be true. Yes Fox News propaganda works on dummies and apparently there are a lot on this forum since they posted the story about the 200 billion dollar Inda trip over and over and some are still defending it although it has been debunked so many times.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:27 PM

243 posts, read 274,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Rotfl, because the anti-American, anti-white, Christianphobia liberal propaganda NYT, MSNBC, NPR, PBS, CBS, ABC, Hollywood TV shows and movies, spew on a daily basis isn't powerful in its own right.
Absolutly right. The left's been doing it for years, and one network comes along that doesn't follow their lead, and they throw a fit.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:58 PM

15,059 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Victims of mind control are the last ones to know about it.

The deliberate emphasis on bombarding the mind with misinformation and too much detail has resulted in people not trusting their own intuition, the small voice within, and their own gut. Turn off the sources of this campaign to disempower you and learn the language of your body, your heart, your real mind: the real you that is 100% trustworthy. Then the sentence at the top will come to life and you'll realize you are free.
The ultimate wisdom, and very beautifully said. Here, here

Old 11-07-2010, 11:26 PM

202 posts, read 352,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodomonte View Post
The best propaganda is disguised as something else and never recognized as such by the vast majority of TV viewers. All of the Law and Order shows by Dick Wolf are propaganda for his social viewpoints. A lot of TV entertainment shows present a certain viewpoint and denigrate the opposite side of the issue.

I posted on another website that I recognized the Nat Geo documentary series "Border Wars" as political propaganda scripted by DHS to try and show the border is under control so that Comprehensive Immigration Reform can be passed.
Exactly, which is why so mainly people are unwittingly programmed to accept certain narratives that are put forth by the government/news media, because of the narrative/theme that has been woven into fictional tv programs and movies.

Old 11-07-2010, 11:31 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
Whew!! It's been a good 12, maybe even 15 minutes since the last "Fox News is (fill in the blank)" thread. Thought you guys might be sleeping.

At least it's more interesting than the Chamber of Commerce obsession of a few weeks ago.

Slightly less interesting than the 'Koch-brothers, Dick Armey controlled Tea Party corporate puppeteers'. Although in all honestly...that week's outrage from the left was only amusing in the number of times Maddow was used as a reference.
I can't give you any goodies but this will surely show that I agree with you.

Old 11-07-2010, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
His protege is, he goes by the name of Glenn Beck.
You could prove that you really know what propaganda is if you could list some of it that you accuse Beck of propagating. Until you do I will have to accept the fact that you don't really know what it is.

Old 11-07-2010, 11:37 PM

Quote:
I agree. Glenn Beck is an expert propagandist and sadly, very effective.
Since Tempest won't do it, maybe you can define propaganda to me in some words other than from MSLSD or Media Matters. Just kicks take a try.

Old 11-07-2010, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Yes, I have watched Glen Beck. I watched him tell lies and watched his loyal followers parrot what he said. He spreads a lot of information and I am familiar with his habit of telling people to find out for themselves but I don't believe he is geniune when he says it. If they actually did seek the facts from a credible source, they would find that a lot of the things he says are not true. I have debunked many of the things he's said in the past and provided sources. I am in no mood to do it right now. If you actually read what's in the OP and give it some serious thought, you may be able to see this as well but I know that's highly unlikely. Furthermore, I acknowledged that Fox News or the right wing are not the only ones guilty of spreading propaganda but they are the strongest at this point.
I think that a simple definition of propaganda might do some good to prove that you really know why only the right spreads it.

I have seen some of your sources about Beck and don't consider them much more truthful than you think he is. Watching him now and then and getting the really "straight" poop about him from Media Matters makes me wonder just how many times you got those stories "he told" according to MM sometimes makes me wonder about people like you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies