Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 01:52 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times

Advertisements

Did Republican House Landslide Kill Net Neutrality? | Epicenter*| Wired.com

History since early 2009 of this issue in the See alsos on that page.

Network neutrality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You may remember the wave of attacks on net neutrality last spring by the RW media ("A Marxist utopia on the Internet!"): 'Glenn Beck': Net Neutrality Pits Free Speech Against Free Press - Glenn Beck - FOXNews.com, April 5, 2010

U.S. Court Curbs F.C.C. Authority on Web Traffic - NYTimes.com, April 6, 2010

The Third Way: A Narrowly Tailored Broadband Framework - Broadband.gov, by FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski, after the Comcast decision

More recently, Tea Party groups out against net neutrality - The Hill's Hillicon Valley

Last edited by delusianne; 11-08-2010 at 03:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 03:10 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

Let us hope so.

I had forgot about this one. That Tea Party is great. They have stopped Cap & Trade, tax increases, fired Nancy Pelosi, killed single-payer and now they have stopped net "neutrality".

Not bad for a bunch for a bunch uneducated red necks from the South.

Obama is suppossedly this great politician with all these powers of communication and influence. And look at him, practicaly everything he wanted has been stopped cold by the Tea Party. LOLs.

Who's the intelligent people and who are the dumb arses? LMFAO.

Sarah Palin and the Tea Party have outsmarted Obama again. And all the dumb arse dems can do is cry. LMFAO.

Last edited by OhioIstheBest; 11-08-2010 at 03:23 AM..

Old 11-08-2010, 03:18 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:

Network neutrality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You may remember the wave of attacks on net neutrality last spring by the RW media ("A Marxist utopia on the Internet!"): 'Glenn Beck': Net Neutrality Pits Free Speech Against Free Press - Glenn Beck - FOXNews.com, April 5, 2010

U.S. Court Curbs F.C.C. Authority on Web Traffic - NYTimes.com, April 6, 2010

The Third Way: A Narrowly Tailored Broadband Framework - Broadband.gov, by FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski, after the Comcast decision

More recently, Tea Party groups out against net neutrality - The Hill's Hillicon Valley

Forget about "Hush Rush" (fairness doctrine) too.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Forget about "Hush Rush" (fairness doctrine) too.
In real life, Obama has always been firmly against anything like a Fairness Doctrine. But you're loyal to be so obediently distracted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Let us hope so.

I had forgot about this one. That Tea Party is great. They have stopped Cap & Trade, tax increases, fired Nancy Pelosi, killed single-payer and now they have stopped net "nuetrality".

Not bad for a bunch for a bunch uneducated red necks from the South.

Obama is suppossedly this great politician with all these powers of communication and influence. And look at him, practicaly everything he wanted has been stopped cold by the Tea Party. LOLs.

Who's the intelligent people and who are the dumb arses? LMFAO.

Sarah Palin and the Tea Party have outsmarted Obama again. And all the dumb arse dems can do is cry. LMFAO.
Cap 'n' trade was dead long before the elections. EVERYONE hated Nancy Pelosi. Not sure what you mean by "tax increases". The TP killed Medicare? They intend to, I know, but no TP'er was in Congress to influence the Affordable Care Act one way or another. So you're saying they're not only a bunch of uneducated rednecks from the South, they're liars, too?

Back on topic, why does the Tea Party like the idea of whoever has the most money controls the Internet? Is it because in order to stop that from happening, government regulations have to be in place?

Old 11-08-2010, 04:02 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Cap 'n' trade was dead long before the elections. EVERYONE hated Nancy Pelosi. Not sure what you mean by "tax increases". The TP killed Medicare? They intend to, I know, but no TP'er was in Congress to influence the Affordable Care Act one way or another. So you're saying they're not only a bunch of uneducated rednecks from the South, they're liars, too?

Back on topic, why does the Tea Party like the idea of whoever has the most money controls the Internet? Is it because in order to stop that from happening, government regulations have to be in place?

Dude! We are all over the Internet. What else do you want?

My posts have been read more than three million time since I joined two years ago, and it isn't the same CD members reading them because Goggle will take you right here. I'm sure you're also on Face book, Yahoo and My space, and I even have my own website. You might have one too because it isn't difficult and lots of providers are happy to give you a site for free. So why would you, or anyone who values free speech, want to get the federal government involved in this?

What possible good could come of it?

Old 11-08-2010, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Dude! We are all over the Internet. What else do you want?

My posts have been read more than three million time since I joined two years ago, and it isn't the same CD members reading them because Goggle will take you right here. I'm sure you're also on Face book, Yahoo and My space, and I even have my own website. You might have one too because it isn't difficult and lots of providers are happy to give you a site for free. So why would you, or anyone who values free speech, want to get the federal government involved in this?

What possible good could come of it?
Are you serious, momonkey? This would be the antithesis of free speech. You're an independent type of guy -- read the articles and decide what you want for yourself.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:56 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,771,362 times
I don't think most people even understand what "net neutrality" is Delusianne. You may need to give them an executive summary.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
I don't think most people even understand what "net neutrality" is Delusianne. You may need to give them an executive summary.
There's plenty of stuff that explains it in the first two posts including Wikipedia.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:37 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times
Wait, haven't you guys argued that this wasn't a landslide?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies