Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 10:42 PM

679 posts, read 661,206 times

Advertisements

Being a person on the left side I am sick of the Democrats and their incompetence. Seeing as there is no hope in our political system, convince me Republicans of why I should even consider voting for your candidates?

You party is riddled with religious extremism, warhawks and people who will willingly bend over for corporate interests publicly and even say it is a good thing for the country.

You brush off income inequality with straw man arguments that poor people simple do no work hard enough, despite the systematic corruption.

You claim you want to fix the budget but set aside money for over seas wars while we slash teacher salaries here.

You seem to think government jobs are some sort of "burden" when they provide services that many of us take for granted.

You seem to have a vague understanding of international politics, do not understand how the United Nations works, much less the politics of another country.

You seem to have no idea of how a civil society works and would love to see our country dissolve into class warfare.

You claim to have "morals" but all of your leaders come off as greedy elitists who use religion, "freedom" and other measures to justify their means.

You claim you want freedom yet continue to deny rights to people with different sexual preferences because you do not find it is right and should discriminate against them by governmental means.

Please Republicans convince me of why I should vote or even consider a damn candidate in your party. Why on earth should any considerable person with morals vote for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2012, 10:45 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,200,258 times
I don't see the point in this post, seeing as all this is is a bunch of stuff designed to get a stupid left-v-right argument going like what happens in every other goddamned thread in this forum.

grow up.

Also, related- leave the Democrats, don't join the Republicans, vote independently.

Old 01-08-2012, 10:54 PM

679 posts, read 661,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
I don't see the point in this post, seeing as all this is is a bunch of stuff designed to get a stupid left-v-right argument going like what happens in every other goddamned thread in this forum.

grow up.

Also, related- leave the Democrats, don't join the Republicans, vote independently.
Hard to be independent when all the candidates have a R or D next to their names.

Old 01-08-2012, 10:57 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
Accept that you're not a Republican at heart, and move on. No need to waste your energy thinking about them.

Old 01-08-2012, 11:02 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,200,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stateisota View Post
Hard to be independent when all the candidates have a R or D next to their names.
That's why there's a write-in box on the ballot.

Old 01-09-2012, 06:52 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,481,530 times
Ya know what ya getting. It may not be what ya want but its also not someone telling you they will give you what you want just to burn you in the end.
Better to pick and choose candidates by their record then party.

Old 01-09-2012, 06:56 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,215,148 times
The problem is that you are connecting emotion and morals with politics. You need to separate the two.

Republicans are not any better than Democrats right now. Democrats want to add taxes and increase spending with no regard for what it will do to the economy (inflation, depression, etc)..

Republicans want to spend $$, but cut taxes. Yes they want some token spending cuts, but nothing significant.

Right now it is a huge game of "Hot Potato" and both parties are waiting for it to fall in their hands.

The economy and country is broken , broke.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:01 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,481,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
The economy and country is broken , broke.

And the average american says " I dont care , as long as I get mine"

Old 01-09-2012, 07:10 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,368,672 times
I would not try to sell anyone on either of the pathetic parties, I mean really look at the shape of the country is in. And just about every major issue that has drove us to this point has had bi partisan approval, that is why posters can point the finger at the other side for blame. That is the way the establishment wants it " divide and conquer ", if you are a partisan you are conquered.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:22 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,600,110 times
Mostly Dems are for the top 1% and the bottom 20%
Mostly the GOP is for the top 1% and the rest of the top 20%

Everyone else is out of luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies