Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2010, 01:11 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwomyn View Post
Judging by the statements made by many of you posters, racism against African Americans, is still alive and well!

What you, and most of the other posters don't seem to grasp, is that African Americans in poor communities can still use help, with achieving their goals.

Frankly, I'm amazed at how many of you posters, still believe that African Americans only want hand-outs. !
OMG, what a squall baby you are! Bring out the violins.

Blacks in the ghetto don't have any goals. That's the problem.

There is plenty of help out there, for anyone willing to take it.

As for blacks wanting hand-outs, I just report on what I observe.

If expecting everyone regardless of race to take responsibility for themselves makes me a racist, then so be it. That accusation lost its punch LONG ago. You might consider coming up with something fresh.

Old 11-11-2010, 01:13 PM

1,296 posts, read 2,225,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
This is already being done.

However, I don't know any amount of money that can be poured into inner-city schools to increase attendance, learning and graduation rates and decrease truancy, behavior problems and an "I don't care" attitude when the parents of these kids are negating everything they learn at school about how to be a productive human being. These kids are not rewarded for learning, plain and simple. Many of them are not rewarded at all b/c their parents neglect them. Until the ignorant parents change, the problem of inner-city schools will not end, no matter how much money you throw at the problem.

I agree that parents should take some responsiblity, for their child's education. But what about parents who DO care, about their kids education, who must deal with incompetant teachers, inadequate learning materials, shabby school buildings, negligent school Principals, etc.? What then?

Old 11-11-2010, 01:24 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,109,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
It's easier for many White Americans to close thier eyes and say it's all in the past than to even have the compassion to say they are truly sorry for what happened. If that doesn't tell you that many White Americans don't give a damn I don't know what does.

The goal of many White Americans is not a better America or a more just America. Their goal is to maintain and expand their economic, political and social control in this country.

Why do you thing RACE is such a controversial issue now? Because the demographic trends clearly indicate that society is changing and many White Americans feel their social, political and economic power is being threatened.

For the next several decades this is going to an issue that is going challenge this country in ways that it's never been challenged before.

Racism is about POWER never forget that and really the only way racism ends in when the dynamics which make racism a valid social construct ends. That is in the process of happening in this country.
If an apology is all it takes, here ya go. I'm sorry slavery ever occurred and that many blacks were taken advantage of long after slavery. Now stop blaming the white man for all your problems.

Nobody is threatened by the black population becoming successful. We (whites) welcome it so our tax dollars can go to more productive projects and stop being funneled into HHS.

Old 11-11-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
OMG, what a squall baby you are! Bring out the violins.

There is plenty of help out there, for anyone willing to take it.

As for blacks wanting hand-outs, I just report on what I observe.

If expecting everyone regardless of race to take responsibility for themselves makes me a racist, then so be it. That accusation lost its punch LONG ago. You might consider coming up with something fresh.
chattypatty, how do you know that ALL African Americans in ghettos, don't have any goals?? Have you been out taking a survey from African Americans residing in ghettos, about this issue??? You obviously are yet another poster, who subscribes to the negative stereotypes, about poor African Americans. And THAT'S what makes a person a racist!

Old 11-11-2010, 01:34 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,536,673 times
[quote=chattypatty;16615824]OMG, what a squall baby you are! Bring out the violins.

This has to be the most ignorant generalization that I've seen on C-D to date. There are MANY successful Blacks that have come from the ghetto, guess what, they had goals and made it out. There are young Blacks still living in the ghetto today that are working towards their goals, attending school, attending college as well as mentoring others. Very Disgusting, bias generalization about people that you know absolutely nothing about. If your statement is what you actually believe, then it would Seem like racists theory does carry some punch.

Old 11-11-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
If an apology is all it takes, here ya go. I'm sorry slavery ever occurred and that many blacks were taken advantage of long after slavery. Now stop blaming the white man for all your problems.

Nobody is threatened by the black population becoming successful. We (whites) welcome it so our tax dollars can go to more productive projects and stop being funneled into HHS.
You're incredibly naive, if you think that many whites are not threatened by African Americans, who want to be successful. If they weren't, then why are there so many roadblocks put in the way by some whites, to hinder African Americans from becoming successful?

Old 11-11-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
chattypatty, how do you know that ALL African Americans in ghettos, don't have any goals?? Have you been out taking a survey from African Americans residing in ghettos, about this issue??? You obviously are yet another poster, who subscribes to the negative stereotypes, about poor African Americans. And THAT'S what makes a person a racist!
The ones who have goals get out sooner than later. That's how we know. The ghetto exists and continues to exist. Those who care about themselves and their offspring get out, and yet the ghetto hasn't really changed and neither have the demographics.

If she's racist, I am, too, and so are you for subscribing to the negative stereotypes about whites.

As to the school thing, there are bad teachers and administrative staff but the blame will always rest on the parents. If you don't like your kid's school, take them out. There are plenty of options available. Like so many others, you would rather put the blame on someone else. PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY!

Old 11-11-2010, 01:37 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,972 times
Quote:

I would suggest you take look through this thread. Nowhere have I blamed White Americans for all my problems. In fact, I’ve suggest that Black Americans forget about reparations and concentrate on doing things in their lives to be successful.

There is difference in saying most White Americans don't care and blaming somebody for your problems.

If you weren't so busy trying to prejudging somebody you might have noticed that.

Old 11-11-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
You're incredibly naive, if you think that many whites are not threatened by African Americans, who want to be successful. If they weren't, then why are there so many roadblocks put in the way by some whites, to hinder African Americans from becoming successful?
What roadblocks?! Like affirmative action? Minority business grants?

I am not threatened by anyone who wants to be successful. I do not know anyone else who is threatened by a person who wants to make a good life for himself and leave a legacy for his children. You are in fantasy land if you are going to generalize and say whites are so threatened by black people who want to succeed in life!

Btw, I have owned two small businesses and my husband is a franchisee for one of the largest restaurants in the country. Don't tell me I don't know business.

Old 11-11-2010, 01:40 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post

This has to be the most ignorant generalization that I've seen on C-D to date. There are MANY successful Blacks that have come from the ghetto, guess what, they had goals and made it out. There are young Blacks still living in the ghetto today that are working towards their goals, attending school, attending college as well as mentoring others. Very Disgusting, bias generalization about people that you know absolutely nothing about. If your statement is what you actually believe, then it would Seem like racists theory does carry some punch.
Blackandproud, it would be in your best interest to put chatty patty on your ignore list as nothing she says is logical. There are far too many successful black people from the ghettos to even give her comment any sort of seriousness.

Quote:
The ones who have goals get out sooner than later. That's how we know. The ghetto exists and continues to exist. Those who care about themselves and their offspring get out, and yet the ghetto hasn't really changed and neither have the demographics.

So is that blacks in the ghetto have no goals or that blacks who have goals eventually get out of the ghetto?

To answer the OP: of course not. Why would African-Americans get reparations?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies