Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2010, 03:15 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,033,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwomyn View Post
I'm not condoning ANY kind of racism. But I'll tell you this. Any African American that I've heard of disliking whites, has said that it's not because of their white skin, but because they have been mistreated by white people. I don't condone this attitude, but I can see why it would exist.

On the other hand, Some whites have directed their bigotry towards African Americans, just because of the color of their skin. Not to mention white supremist attitudes. And this has been going on, since African Americans were brought here as slaves.
Wow, you lost me on that one. But I think I can help you out. The standard white racist does not hate the actual dark skin of a black person. There are racist white folks who go to tanning booths. The bigotry is directed at what that dark skin allegedly represents, its ethnic background.

Both a white racist and a black racist have concocted reasons for their racist attitudes. Sometimes the racism is based on America History. Sometimes it is based on some negative personal experience. Sometimes it is based on family and/or pier influences. But it isn't about the color of the skin, per se.

Old 11-12-2010, 03:15 PM

14 posts, read 8,467 times
if the majority of welfare recipients are white why do black welfare recipients become the scapegoats?

Old 11-12-2010, 03:17 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
As I've said over and over and over, it's WHITE WOMEN, who are the primary people that benefit from Affirmative action. Here's a link to an article, that explains this:
Who wins out when it comes to affirmative action?
Which does nothing to prove that AA works as intended.

Quote:
And I hope that this clears up the fallacy once and for all, that African Americans, benefit from Affirmative Action at the expense of white people. So, if Affirmative Action causes resentment towards African Americans by whites, then it's based on ignorance.
My experiences with AA forced us to push people ahead of the line, and only once was it a white gal.

Quote:
If you think that their should be a program to assist others, who you think are discriminated against, then you could make a proposal to Congress. That being said, don't bash Afirmative Action, just because it was aimed at helping minorities get ahead. As I mentioned, it's been helping mostly white women anyhow. So with regards, to Affirmative Action, perhaps you should be pissed off at white women, rather than African Americans.
I'm not singling out any race or gender, all I'm saying is forcing private business and other organizations to hire people based solely on their race or gender is wrong. I already outlined my thoughts on how to address discrimination in the work place.

Old 11-12-2010, 03:42 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Condy & Powell were two brilliant Black people who held office in the White House.

I'd vote for either of them as president in a New York minute.

Completely different set of Blacks than Obamy.
Great point, and I would vote for either of them too.

Old 11-12-2010, 04:03 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Yeah people can work two jobs-if they have the energy, and the ability to be on their feet all day. Not everybody can handle that. I know that I couldn't, at my age. Besides, if you have to be self-supporting, you'd need much more than minimum wage, to live on. Particularly if you have kids to support.

I think that the best way to get people off welfare, is to get them educated, so that they can qualify for jobs that pay a liivng wage ($15 an hour and up). And you can't say that ALL welfare recipients are 'lazy', because now you're stereotyping them all. Which is wrong!

BS! before the month is over I will be 59 years old. I work at hard labor 10 yours a day. I cut trees, cut and split fire wood which I spent 5 hours today doing, not to mention move 3 large strawberry beds adding straw to the plants can winter. After a rest and dinner I am eatting now of things I mostly grew, I have to go back and work 5 more hours on metals and machines. When these machines are shipped i may have to find more orders. I do all the packing and some of the shipping, if it is with in state, but much is not.

I weigh 164 pounds dressed that wearing long johns, jeans, work boots 2 pair of socks, long johns tops, 2 shirts, a belt, a pocket watch a folding knife, and a loaded firearm.

I am bustin my azz for a guy my age, but no one is going to accuse me of getting fat.

You do simply ignor me, and are not going to quit with this poor me African-Americans BS are you!

It's no wonder welfare is a never ending game. Just admitt it you want money for nothing, and to educate those un-willing to learn and all because you Poor African - Americans won't get off your butts.

There are zillions of blacks that work and at white collar jobs, where they deligate to whites, but they have to had gained an education first and then some dammed work ethics.

If section 8 and welfare were plain cut out tomorrow, Poor black African-Americans would go get jobs. If they didn't they would starve, and there is no reason to prevent them from starving.

If we tax payers did that very thing it just might be the best way to lead Poor African Americans out of poverty. Oh crap I forgot that hypen.

African-Africans who I have known laugh at African Americans for living in the USA and remaining poverty stricken. Of course this isn't recent and is from back in the late 60's and or early 70's when American blacks were running around in the streets wearing pajamas', actting as if this were tradition African clothing, that maybe on a good day they saw on the tv.

Get real lady. The one point you are right on is no one cares. Hell we can give you 20 years of schooling, but you won't take 8 hours on the day shift.

Old 11-12-2010, 04:06 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Since artwomyn just loves to use the emoticon everywhere, here's one:

You're not bringing anything new to the table. You are making it quite obvious that you are the one holding the stereotypes against whites and making excuses for the behavior of blacks. To give an example so I'm not accused of lying...anyone who refuses to work two jobs to make ends meet and instead chooses to take the gov't handout is not a productive member of society, despite what artwomyn says. Most minimum wage jobs are not actually laborious jobs, they are working at a fast food joint, pushing papers at an office, doing receptionist duties, that kind of thing. Construction jobs actually pay pretty decent, my husband used to do it. So do not sit there and say people are not physically able to sit on their butts all day and work. These same people are sitting on their butts all day at home anyway. And granted many of these jobs do involve standing...you still have to feed your kids and pay your bills, and therefore, you take the job and feel good about yourself. Welfare pays less but it's so much easier to get and the vast majority of welfare recipients find this to be a favorable deal and are okay with making it a lifetime thing.

You are making excuses for a major problem in the black community, and that is the percentage of people on welfare.
: smack::s mack:

I said I was staying out of this argument and to the white folks who believe, like I did, that you will get through to artwomyn, your time is better spent elsewhere.

That is all.

Old 11-12-2010, 04:08 PM

20,048 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Where do you people come up with stuff?

This is epic lunacy.

Old 11-12-2010, 04:19 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Condy & Powell were two brilliant Black people who held office in the White House.

I'd vote for either of them as president in a New York minute.

Completely different set of Blacks than Obamy.

I agree about the brilliance. Both were classy smart people who worked hard to get where they were and did not expect someone to just hand them something without earning it.

I would not vote for either of them for President as I do not believe they would be capable of fixing the mess Obama and the dems have put us in.

Old 11-12-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Do you ever get tired of making things up to get a reaction?

Take the time to read the Alinsky rules for radicals and you will find out that what I said it the absolute truth.

Obama has been trained to play the victim card and has on many occasions used words to make sure people use the victim card to get what they want.

Alinsky ( Obamas hero ) taught people how to become victims and how to victimize anyone who disagrees with you.

Old 11-12-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
As I've said before, many people don't have the stamina to do heavy physical work. You're just throwing out ideas, without thinking them through first. And you ARE stereotyping welfare recipients, by saying that the 'typical' recipient, is 'lazy'.

You also assume that welfare recipients, are all sitting at home with their feet up, watching TV all day and without a care in the world. More likely, they're wondering how to survive, since welfare payments are so small.

I still say, that the only way to get people off of welfare permanently, is a good education, which can lead to productive jobs, that pay enough to live on. Just shoving people off the welfare rolls into low-paying, dead-end jobs, isn't the answer.
Nice try to change the words around.

Typical does NOT mean all of them.

Typical is those who have been on welfare for along period of time, have kids who are on welfare and probably their parents were on welfare.

We now have 4 generation of families on welfare. Those families are TYPICAL welfare types who wont work and have never taught their kids for generation how to work for a living. They see Mom and Dad living off of others and they do the same thing.

You cannot educated people who wont even show up for class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies