Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 10:36 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I thought this was about repealing the HC bill, but now it is all "Obama this and Obama that".
Someone cant remember their own posting.. Here, I'll quote you..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Nice crystal ball you got there. Toshiba? I think Apple needs to get in the crystal ball business before it is too late.
I know, its difficult to follow along in your own postings sometimes...

You asked about my crystal ball, so god forbid I use Obama and CBO reports to backup where my crystal ball came from..

Rather to dispute the facts though, you now want to attack me for using FACTS.. Sorry, just whining because someone is using the reports analyzing costs doesnt change the fact that the reports say that benefits dont begin for years and costs being much sooner..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 10:36 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Sort of like the liberals.........Bush's fault, Bush did it, etc...eh?
I don't understand how you all just can't admit that had it not been for the economic policies encouraged by the Bush admin ("we're a... a ownership sassiety"), this economic situation wouldnt be happening and Obama would be two years into the things he wanted to do that he talked quite stirringly about throughout the major part the campaign, before the economy began to loom up behind him (to the point where he even had to start learning and choosing a team to address it weeks before he even took office). Is it because right wingers are discouraged from giving this small bit of common sense too much thought, or what?

Old 11-08-2010, 10:48 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I don't understand how you all just can't admit that had it not been for the economic policies encouraged by the Bush admin
Because you cant list any policies which caused it.. NONE.. NOT ONE.. Its all Bush, Bush Bush, with NO facts.. Thats all you guys know how to do..
Quote:
("we're a... a ownership sassiety"), this economic situation wouldnt be happening
yeah, it was Bush that created the "ownership" society.. Ooh please. give it a break..
Quote:
this economic situation wouldnt be happening
HELLO? ANYONE HOME? The crash is a WORLD WIDE economic crash.. It took place EVERYWHERE.. It began in SWITZERLAND.. It was going to happen no matter who was president..
Quote:
and Obama would be two years into the things he wanted to do that he talked quite stirringly about throughout the major part the campaign,
You proved how ignorant and stupid most of americans are.. They would vote in a man with no economic experience, to solve an economic problem that was WORLD WIDE... If we had any brains we would have followed what WORKS, not what has been PROVEN to fail. Every country that has cut spending is beginning to prosper.. Those that tried spending their way out.. further economic problems.. Undeniably fact..
Quote:
before the economy began to loom up behind him (to the point where he even had to start learning and choosing a team to address it weeks before he even took office).`
The economic recovery began well before Obama took office. It stabilized to the point that even Democrats were questioning if a stimulus was needed.
Quote:
Is it because right wingers are discouraged from giving this small bit of common sense too much thought, or what?
Its because his policies have been PROVEN to fail. The exact same process was tried during the great depression. The result was over a DECADE of high unemployment.. Yeah, we should all just give in and ignore history and support failed policies.

Old 11-08-2010, 10:50 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,616,340 times
Quote:
They weren't "flat out ignored," they were heard and then run by the CBO. None stood up to serious scrutiny. Their authors never did talk too much about them, did they? I'm sure they made sure to tell you they were ignored and thwarted, though.

To paraphrase Jim DeMint, "If the Republicans can't even come up with something valuable to shape the health ins reform act by 2012, it will be their Waterloo. It will break them."
Do you expect the dems to go along with any plan they come up with between now and then?

Old 11-08-2010, 10:56 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
The Republicans only care about opposing President Obama on everything including the health care act. On that they do not want the mandated insurance part removed but they do want the must accept preexisting conditions and similar clauses removed.

Old 11-08-2010, 10:57 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
I don't understand how you all just can't admit that had it not been for the economic policies encouraged by the Bush admin ("we're a... a ownership sassiety"), this economic situation wouldnt be happening and Obama would be two years into the things he wanted to do that he talked quite stirringly about throughout the major part the campaign, before the economy began to loom up behind him (to the point where he even had to start learning and choosing a team to address it weeks before he even took office).
I can't believe you're still denying the dems have been in charge of congress since 2007 and have increased the debt by 40+%.

Whose mess is it?

Old 11-08-2010, 11:07 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
When the alternative was complete economic collapse why worry about debt? If this was such a disaster, why did China or anyone else lend us the money? Maybe they did not want to lose the money they had already lent?

This crap about the debt is just another form of Obama bashing. The konservatives never got on Bush's case when he borrowed to fund his Mideast Wars.

Old 11-08-2010, 11:16 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,928,844 times
Compared to Obama, Bush is a friggin Patriotic American Hero!!!
....Actually, there isn't anything 'patriotic' or 'American' about Boy-Obama when you consider his shamefull record as acting president.

Old 11-08-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Do you expect the dems to go along with any plan they come up with between now and then?
Do you expect them to come up with a plan? I don't. But who knows. I would expect the Ds to seriously consider anything practical, but not grandstandy wastes of time or anemic or sneaky suggestions that would slight consumers and return power to the insurance companies, or give it to Wall Street.

Old 11-08-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
When the alternative was complete economic collapse why worry about debt? If this was such a disaster, why did China or anyone else lend us the money? Maybe they did not want to lose the money they had already lent?

This crap about the debt is just another form of Obama bashing. The konservatives never got on Bush's case when he borrowed to fund his Mideast Wars.
Or on Reagan's case, when US debt began to leap upward.

What Is the Debt of the United States?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies