Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 05:46 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,535,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Yes or no? If yes how so? Express and define your opinion.

Yes, its called Income Tax and Creditors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 05:52 PM

1,194 posts, read 4,125,728 times
I believe all people living in America should have some kind of military experience.

Also, when families move to the USA we should open up a military job for them no matter how insignificant the position. All should serve. I also believe if one serves and we all should then the term should be a minimum of 6 months or 4 years depends on their medical condition.

You want protection and freedom then your service to our country would suffice.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:59 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
I think part of the debate is whether a American running a American corporation has any obligation or patriotism to the country or is it right for them or it to profit even when their practices bring down the country as a whole, so those in control of it or invested in it can profit. A example is hiring illegals or off shore workers.

I see the numbers posted sometimes that in current times CEO earnings are 300% vs workers or employee wages when a few decades ago the ratio was 30%. If this is true, the question is why, why is the gap widening so much?, and is it because a American is doing this with no thought to the country but only for themself?
Gosh...i'm jealous. Why in the hell couldn't i have said this^^^?

Brilliant.

Old 11-09-2010, 06:08 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Gosh...i'm jealous. Why in the hell couldn't i have said this^^^?

Brilliant.
Looking back at my last couple posts I must add that it is a two way street though. I mention whether a business has obligation beyond itself but then again if a American doesn't buy American products that could be viewed as putting oneself above the good of the country.

I do support freedom of choice for people in buying foreign items, though trade should be balanced. I am just worried about the apparent situation of Americans that will have to accept low wages to compete with out sourcing and hiring illegals which some American companies do.

I am worried that further in time that may lead to many Americans being fed up and taking it to the streets and that wouldn't promise that the outcome would bring back *good times* with Cuba and Venezuela as examples of that..

Old 11-09-2010, 06:13 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,238,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
This is I was trying to say in my comment above. Our taxes pay for our "more perfect union", don't you think?
Actually, our taxes now pay for a government that is the antithesis of the one established by the Founding Fathers.

"67% of Political Class Say U.S. Heading in Right Direction, 84% of Mainstream Disagrees." 67% of Political Class Say U.S. Heading in Right Direction, 84% of Mainstream Disagrees - Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢

Americans have an obligation to this country, but the country is not the same thing as the current government that continues to follow policies that destroy the Middle Class and continually undermine the future of all Americans.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:22 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domination83 View Post
Yes we do. ALL Americans should feel this way. I dreamed of being a firefighter since I was a kid and I am today so that I can make a difference in our society.
You know it is kind of funny with me. I thought about that job for a minute and even took the test for it when I got out of the Air Force. I did well on the test and went to the board interview and screwed that royally. But it may have been for the best. After I had a fire a few months later, I found that fire scares the sheet outta me. I honestly don't think I have the guts to run into a burning building- Scots Air Pack or not. Fire only makes me want to run one way- the opposite way!
On other other hand, I have discovered that many people fear heights. I have no such fears. Climbing towers, trees or skydiving never made me scared for even a second. I have worked over 1000 feet on radio and TV towers. Funny how stuff works.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:23 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
We have the obligation to speak out when we see the Country moving in the wrong direction.
What might be the wrong direction for some people might be the right direction for other people. There is no "wrong direction" really.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:26 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,842,323 times
Quote:
Yes or no? If yes how so? Express and define your opinion.
i believe that humans have an obligation to mankind. not just their fellow countrymen

Old 11-10-2010, 09:10 AM

15,060 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy1 View Post
I believe all people living in America should have some kind of military experience.

Also, when families move to the USA we should open up a military job for them no matter how insignificant the position. All should serve. I also believe if one serves and we all should then the term should be a minimum of 6 months or 4 years depends on their medical condition.

This type of thinking is precisely why we are in the bloody fix we are in. And no time in history better demonstrates the fallacy of such a position as the last 10 years of militarism, pre-emptive war, and the human suffering inflicted upon innocents.

In fact, the US Government has failed to honor their constitutional obligations relative to military action for the past 70 years. The last time the US Congress fulfilled their duty to declare war was in 1941. All conflicts post WW II have been undeclared, and illegal. Korea, Vietnam, several smaller conflicts, and now Afghanistan and Iraq ... all of these military actions have failed the test of constitutionality, and were made possible by the misplaced patriotism of those who willingly participated, as well as those who were forced into such mandated servitude imposed by military draft.

I would remind all that nowhere in the constitution does it recognize the United Nations or it's resolutions as lawful justification for US Military action, nor does the same absolve the congress from their constitutionally required duties.

Since the US congress have demonstrated beyond any doubt that they have no intention of abiding by the constitutional requirements for war, it is the duty of all American citizens to refuse to participate in such illegal actions, else you be complicit in the criminal behavior too.

Old 11-10-2010, 11:59 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy1 View Post

http://cdn-www.cracked.com/articleim...stupid_dog.jpg

Someone actually tried to patent that. You want this person in the military? With access to firearms?

How about no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies