Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2010, 03:09 PM

68,299 posts, read 54,213,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Everyone than the fetus that gets killed. It doesn't have any rights because I say so.
It doesn't have rights as a human being because it IS NOT one.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:10 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,230,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And a hearty FEH to you!

For an American to propose a life sentence be imposed on an American for conducting themself within American law is disgusting and sick, yet those people claim to have morals. Kinda like the alleged moralists who scream murder at destruction of a fertilized egg while cheering the murder of a human Doctor.

Damn hypocrites!
Id think the one who kills their own child because it is inconvenient is the more immoral of the two...

Old 11-08-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Id think the one who kills their own child because it is inconvenient is the more immoral of the two...
And just WHO is killing their own child that we're discussing here?

Old 11-08-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
It doesn't have rights as a human being because it IS NOT one.
Because you say so. What is it if it's not a human being? A chicken? A scorpion? When does it become a human being, when you say so?
I've known women who have thrown foot stomping tantrums in support of abortion saying it's not a human until I decide not to abort it. Once again, ME ME ME....

Old 11-08-2010, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Because you say so. What is it if it's not a human being? A chicken? A scorpion? When does it become a human being, when you say so?
I've known women who have thrown foot stomping tantrums in support of abortion saying it's not a human until I decide not to abort it. Once again, ME ME ME....
Is an egg a bird?

An acorn an oak tree?

It's a potential human being.

You are the one arguing ME, ME, ME with nothing factual to support your argument.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:20 PM

425 posts, read 652,459 times
Quote:
And a hearty FEH to you!

For an American to propose a life sentence be imposed on an American for conducting themself within American law is disgusting and sick, yet those people claim to have morals. Kinda like the alleged moralists who scream murder at destruction of a fertilized egg while cheering the murder of a human Doctor.

Damn hypocrites!
I don't recall cheering for the murder of any doctor, but whatever desperate, false accusation you need to make to get you through the day...knock yourself out.

Speaking of disgusting and sick, let's talk about shielding one's argument behind impermanent, subjective, flimsy laws to justify what is morally abhorrent.

Recall slavery was once enshrined in American law. So was euthanasia. Oh, and once upon a time, the Army could expose enlisted men to radiation, carcinogenic chemicals, etc. because it was legal.

Going back to my original post...there's law and then there's natual law. Natural law exists, it's not given. It's immutable. If that's difficult to understand, might I suggest you read and ponder the following text:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness."

Old 11-08-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Is an egg a bird?

An acorn an oak tree?

It's a potential human being.

You are the one arguing ME, ME, ME with nothing factual to support your argument.
An egg is unfertilized. Once it's fertilized an animal starts growing in it. Pretty quickly you can easily identify the animal inside despite it not having hatched yet.

If you use terms like "potential" human being, the only thing preventing it from becoming one is your decision to not let it.

Again, why must the child suffer for the irresponsibility of the parents? How is that "being responsible"?

Old 11-08-2010, 03:21 PM

38,625 posts, read 26,307,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
" I've had an abortion. It was not an easy decision, but it was the best one for me. #ihadanabortion
Almost half my life ago, #ihadanabortion. I'm not sorry. I've never been sorry. I will never be sorry. Just very, very grateful.

1992, 1998. #ihadanabortion
Yep, #IHADANABORTION.. more than one, now that I am ready I am now 7 months pregnant w/ my 2nd child...my body, my decision!

Those who are ANTI-choice shd B glad #ihadanabortion. I went on to finish college, support myself, marry ... have 2 honor students. Nice, huh?

#IHadAnAbortion @ 17 ... no one helped much; every1 tried to protect the dude's reputation. Yuk. Grateful I had the option. I vote #prochoice." "

More power to women!

"It was not an easy decision"

Why?

It isn't a difficult decision to get any other minor surgery, so why is this so difficult?

Old 11-08-2010, 03:36 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,382,486 times
I don't use terms like "feminazi," I have no problem with feminism aside from abortion (I'm a man).

Legal does not denote moral. It was perfectly legal under German law for the Nazis to bake Jews, but does that make it right? Legal does not always equal moral, and sometimes illegal things can be moral.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:37 PM

425 posts, read 652,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
I don't use terms like "feminazi," I have no problem with feminism aside from abortion (I'm a man).
Do excuse me. Is it still OK for me to say "eunuch"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.