Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2010, 03:40 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,415,339 times

Advertisements

Also, as far as my "life in prison" remark. As far as I'm concerned, abortion is first-degree murder of an innocent baby. Murderers deserve life in prison. I know women who have abortions won't spend one second in prison, but I'm taking about the way things "should be" if abortion were illegal.

I don't support the murder or death of abortion "doctors" (using the term loosely) -- but I do think they should go to prison.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:53 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
This is great, the pro-lifers are now arguing amongst themselves.....
Wheres the popcorn?

Old 11-08-2010, 04:02 PM

Go adopt a few children.
Put your money where your mouth is.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 11-09-2010 at 08:13 PM.. Reason: Edited out reference to deleted post

Old 11-08-2010, 04:19 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockUnderMyKilt View Post
I don't recall cheering for the murder of any doctor, but whatever desperate, false accusation you need to make to get you through the day...knock yourself out.

Speaking of disgusting and sick, let's talk about shielding one's argument behind impermanent, subjective, flimsy laws to justify what is morally abhorrent.

Recall slavery was once enshrined in American law. So was euthanasia. Oh, and once upon a time, the Army could expose enlisted men to radiation, carcinogenic chemicals, etc. because it was legal.

Going back to my original post...there's law and then there's natual law. Natural law exists, it's not given. It's immutable. If that's difficult to understand, might I suggest you read and ponder the following text:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness."

You've said nothing that factually equates a mass of dividing cells to a human being, until you do your alleged moral argument is moot. So FEH! to your self-righteous moralistic BS.

Old 11-08-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
An egg is unfertilized. Once it's fertilized an animal starts growing in it. Pretty quickly you can easily identify the animal inside despite it not having hatched yet.
It was a very simple yes or no question: Is an egg a bird.

Yet you totally fail to answer.

If you use terms like "potential" human being, the only thing preventing it from becoming one is your decision to not let it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Again, why must the child suffer for the irresponsibility of the parents? How is that "being responsible"?
Now try real hard to read AND comprehend.

Because it IS NOT a child!

Old 11-08-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You can tell people they're wrong from now 'til doomsday, DOES NOT mean they are.
He must be out getting that Glock removed.

Old 11-08-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
Also, as far as my "life in prison" remark. As far as I'm concerned, abortion is first-degree murder of an innocent baby. Murderers deserve life in prison. I know women who have abortions won't spend one second in prison, but I'm taking about the way things "should be" if abortion were illegal.

I don't support the murder or death of abortion "doctors" (using the term loosely) -- but I do think they should go to prison.
You're entitled to your opinions.

You ARE NOT entitled to force them on others.

You ARE NOT entitled to take the law into your own hands.

You ARE NOT entitled to impose your moral values on others.

Old 11-08-2010, 04:28 PM

425 posts, read 653,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You've said nothing that factually equates a mass of dividing cells to a human being, until you do your alleged moral argument is moot. So FEH! to your self-righteous moralistic BS.
A mass of dividing cells or a human being, hmm. That's a corker. The fact is, those cells are alive. And if they're not human cells, what are they? Frog?

And when does that mass of dividing cells become unabortable? After two weeks? Two months? Or can we go right up to 8 months where we can rip Jr. right out of the womb?

You see, burdell, at the end of the day you're just a mass of cells too. Would it be ok to screw a wire through your brainbox and burn you alive?

Old 11-08-2010, 04:32 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
If it is so acceptable why can't we see an abortion on TV? They show every other kind of surgery, why not an abortion? I know some surgeries can be grusome to watch but they show them. Why not an abortion in prime time?

Old 11-08-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockUnderMyKilt View Post
A mass of dividing cells or a human being, hmm. That's a corker. The fact is, those cells are alive. And if they're not human cells, what are they? Frog?

You see, burdell, at the end of the day you're just a mass of cells too. Would it be ok to screw a wire through your brainbox and burn you alive?
Have comprehension issues?

I never said those cells weren't alive now did I?

A tumor is a mass of living cells too. Is it a child? A human being?

The fact is you're argument is lame and ineffective.

You see Glock, while a human being is invariably a mass of living cells, a mass of living cells IS NOT invariably a human being.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies