Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2010, 07:30 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post

And to hell with the right of the unborn to life. To hell with females in the womb who are aborted. Murder by choice by women at any cost to society and long as it is "more power to women".

With freedom comes responsibility. Women should exercise more responsibility with their reproductive system. Such a small fraction of abortions are a result of being an immediate threat to the mother's life, rape, or incest.

This makes me absolutely sick! How very sad our society has become. What is next? Tweeting during the abortion? Sharing the abortion on youtube and celebrating it?
lifelongMOgal !!! ... Your post is on the money !

The CDF Masters say Rep will have to be later !

One can only imagine what future historians will record about America in regards to it's people's absolute heartless and blatent disregard for human life in the womb ! As has been already stated by some folks on CDF : A
Nation That Deliberately & Selfishly Kills It's Own Children Will Not Survive !

Too "Brag & Flaunt" such a dastardly action as "Abortion" is to lower ones self even below the animals ! How sadly pathetic !

For this nation to ever have legally allowed abortions on demand and for any damn reason at all is an example of unprecedented insanity !

Truly we have completely lost whatever we had left of a "Moral Compass" in America ! Indeed ... How unbelievably disgusting we have become !

Thanks Y"ALL / Not So Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 11-08-2010, 09:02 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
I don't get the point of this exercise anyway. ??? If our country made it legal to do away with/kill children under 5 there would be some people to take advantage of it.

Maybe not as many at the first but eventually after getting use to the idea they would do it and rationalize it away with all the excuses they give now for abortion. "It was just too hard to support financially and or emotionally" a child so they decided to do the only sane thing---do away/kill them.

Rationalization can take us into many dark areas.

Old 11-08-2010, 11:08 PM

425 posts, read 653,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
You've never said a word about adoptions.....that mind-meld thing is fictional, sweet pea.
Oh, and I dont have a uterus anymore, so I cant get knocked up anymore, but the good news is the cancer is in remission, but thanks for behaving like a boor.
Nice to know someone cares.
My word on adoption -- I have as many kids as I can take care of. That's why I don't have more. There's no mind-reading required, I wrote it to you several posts back.

So that means you won't be having an abortion then? Sometimes nature can bless us in strange ways.

Now back to my point that you and the eunuch keep avoiding. Up to what point of gestational development is it ok to stick the needle into a baby's brain?

Last edited by GlockUnderMyKilt; 11-08-2010 at 11:21 PM..

Old 11-08-2010, 11:25 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times
At some point, all of this "information" is going to become Too Much Information. TMI. Those women will never know what they may want to do in the futrue, and this #hashtag could come back to haunt them.

It is not unlike people who posted everything on Facebook, and found out that they did not get hired for jobs because of the Facebook information, and also had problems at current jobs because of posting TMI on Facebook.

Not a good idea to expose your medical information to anyone.

On the flip side of this....maybe it is important to realize that abortions are legal in the country, and women do have them. They are an important issue for women, and part of having the freedom to choose a medcal procedure if you want one...Maybe these women are proclaimng their rights, and making a political statement about how important these rights are to them, and having a collective experience with other women who did the same thing. Hopefully this right will never be taken away.

Old 11-08-2010, 11:29 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,590,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I don't see a problem with it. Many women had abortions because it was the right decision in their life at the time, not because it was an easy out, or the easiest decision to make. Do they not deserve support over making a very, very difficult life altering decision? It's their decision to 'come out', if you will and make a statement that could very well lose friendships and even family members over their decision.
The right decision was to kill an unborn child?!? No, the right decision was to make sure she never got pregnant to begin with!!! You want to do right for yourself and for unborn children, don't have sex. If you do decide to have sex, protect yourself. If that doesn't work, stop and consider why I should support your decision to have an abortion when you couldn't stop and support your unborn child.

I will never understand how anyone could ever come to the conclusion that murdering an innocent child is the solution to any problem.

Old 11-08-2010, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
At some point, all of this "information" is going to become Too Much Information. TMI. Those women will never know what they may want to do in the futrue, and this #hashtag could come back to haunt them.
On second thought, maybe tweeting while having an abortion is a good thing? Then the criminal act becomes written and accessible in the public record.

I could see this being useful for interested stakeholders, particularly when needing to decide whether such a person is morally fit to employ, marry or do business with.

Old 11-09-2010, 01:45 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,415,042 times
Actually, this discussion really is moot because a woman's right to choose is protected by law and that is NEVER going to change in the U.S. no matter who's in congress, Supreme Court, ect. I think most women take this very seriously and articles like this are just inflamatory and misleading.

Old 11-09-2010, 02:02 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
How many women have you talked to IN PERSON that have had an abortion? Have you ever actually sat down with one of these women and spoke to her about her decision?
Why would you have to? They're bragging to the world they killed their own baby.

Old 11-09-2010, 02:10 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,201,035 times
Outrage to this is predicated on the belief that having an abortion is killing a child, which is frankly a dubious claim at best for reasons which have been debated at length. At worst, this is TMI.

Old 11-09-2010, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
Actually, this discussion really is moot because a woman's right to choose is protected by law and that is NEVER going to change in the U.S. no matter who's in congress, Supreme Court, ect. I think most women take this very seriously and articles like this are just inflamatory and misleading.
They used to say the same thing about slavery and segregation.

I'm glad you feel so relaxed about this peculiar institution. It will make it so much the easier for you & your kind to be steamrollered by folks more politically motivated than yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies