Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2010, 05:59 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times

Advertisements

I think it's cute that about 3 pages were taken up by people desperately trying to convince me that things aren't what they seem. I forget which poster said "No offense but I hope your fiancee lays the big one down on you", but the schadenfreude was literally dripping off the screen. Keep it coming gals! Ya'll are making yourselves out to be real class acts!

Old 11-09-2010, 06:06 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
I think it's cute that about 3 pages were taken up by people desperately trying to convince me that things aren't what they seem. I forget which poster said "No offense but I hope your fiancee lays the big one down on you", but the schadenfreude was literally dripping off the screen. Keep it coming gals! Ya'll are making yourselves out to be real class acts!
Says the guy who admitted he would get his "fiancee" drunk to get the truth out of her. That's a class all on its own!

Carry on, you are keeping us all very entertained.

Old 11-09-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Says the guy who admitted he would get his "fiancee" drunk to get the truth out of her. That's a class all on its own!
I never said I'd get a woman drunk. Merely relaxed. Drunk people are useless in communicating with.

Quote:
Carry on, you are keeping us all very entertained.
Oh, so that's why someone actually admitted to hoping that my fiancee would "lay the bomb down on me"? I think it's entertaining to watch women make fun of a guy who merely seeks the truth from someone he plans on spending the rest of his life with. It's a woman's private decision to do one, and I support that...but it's not a private decision to keep from a man she's going to marry. Sorry.

Old 11-09-2010, 06:28 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Oh, so that's why someone actually admitted to hoping that my fiancee would "lay the bomb down on me"? I think it's entertaining to watch women make fun of a guy who merely seeks the truth from someone he plans on spending the rest of his life with. It's a woman's private decision to do one, and I support that...but it's not a private decision to keep from a man she's going to marry. Sorry.
I believe the sentiment expressed was that if you make stipulations to someone who already loves you, they are going to agree with you, truth or not, and that sadly sometimes backfires. And it wasn't me by the way.

Old 11-09-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I believe the sentiment expressed was that if you make stipulations to someone who already loves you, they are going to agree with you, truth or not, and that sadly sometimes backfires. And it wasn't me by the way.
That's why you find out early on, before they get too attached. Makes it easier for all involved. With that, I think I'll depart. This thread is quickly spiraling down into the abyss.

Old 11-09-2010, 06:52 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
That's your opinion and I respect it. My past successes with extracting the truth disagree with your "you would never know if she didn't want you to" assertion. Maybe it would slip under your radar screen, don't assume it would fall under mine.
Funniest damn thing I have read all night.
50 looks back at 30 and says.......If I had only known what I didnt know.

Old 11-09-2010, 06:55 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
At worst it would produce some false positives. So far, it's been 100%, 2 for 2. If I would've played dumb, I would've never known these two women were liars. Since I don't date covert operatives trained to thwart lie detection techniques, it becomes all too easy. Wow, it's interesting that my personal life fascinates people so much. Thanks, but I'm GTG with my method. It hasn't failed me yet. Analogy rejected.

Another tip: introduce scenarios that would contradict someone's statement. Lies are typically compounded and become harder to maintain over time.
Just because you think medical leeches and lie detectors are viable options for medicine and "truth" extraction doesn't mean that they really are.
Remember, conventional science once said the sun revolved around the earth, we have learned much since then.
And you will, too.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:24 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,246,823 times
Most men have no idea when a woman is pregnant when she is early in the pregnancy. They also have no idea how many women have had early term abortions. I've been in abortion clinics, and many of the women there were married. And yes, some were those Southern church gals. They changed their tune about that save all fetuses when they themselvers got pregnant. They didn't want another kid, and the husband didn't even know whe was getting an abortion.

The truth be known, men don't have zip to say in this decision unless the female tells them. Religious or not, many of the guys posting on here about their women have probably had a fetus aborted.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:26 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,246,823 times
I'm laughing so hard. Men really are silly. I'm surprised that abortion is even an issue when you read these posts and see just how dorky some men are.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:28 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,424,138 times
This thread is just a lot of "what ifs" and judgement by many people who have never had to make the decision. NEVER say you know exactly what you would do, how you would react, until you are in that position, because trust me, you may surprise yourself. I know I did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies