Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2010, 01:07 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times

Advertisements

many young people use social networks to give the reader way too much personal information. with that being said most women are not ashamed, guilty or sorry for undergoing an abortion as it should be. this is a personal choice based on the individual woman and what she wants in her life. people can disagree, sneer and think women who have abortions are less than stellar that doesn't change the fact the abortions should always remain legal and safe. women have the right to control of their own reproductive needs. how she does that is really no ones business except hers and her doctors.

Old 11-19-2010, 02:03 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockUnderMyKilt View Post

At what point is it not OK to burn a baby out of the womb? If you can name a date, why not a day earlier, or a day later?
I WOULD LOVE TO ANSWER THANK YOU!

I personally think at 12 weeks is the cut off for REASONABLE reasons. But there are extreme needs and those should be made up individually. BUT the latest an incest victim or whatever should have one would be 22 weeks for me.

The day that baby can survive on it's own, that is the first day abortions should be illegal. Usually around 22 weeks is the earliest known survival of a fetus.
The date will continue to change due to advances in science. And with the new science, my opinion will change on that very last date.

When you can create incubators that act like a womb and therefore allow the woman to stop hosting the fetus (if the man desires to keep it) than GREAT! OR a couple wants to purchase a machine and find a donor? GREAT!

They already BUY babies via adoption costs.

But until then, I can't say I believe in holding a woman hostage because of her pregnancy.

I do believe they should stricter laws regarding pregnant women who abuse drug and alcohol.

Old 11-19-2010, 02:14 PM

109 posts, read 364,359 times
I find humor in that those who want to eliminate welfare and public benefits are the very same people pushing to keep abortions from being more common. If abortions were free, then a lot of the public dent in terms of welfare for single parents would be gone. Ok, then I think it might be uncomfortable for all these married couples to collect benefits when BOTH parents could work and provide a little.

For those of you on a moral high horse and say abortion is wrong whatever, then maybe you can elect to use your taxes to support an unwanted child.

If women are treated so badly because they have a child with an absent father, is there any wonder why there is so much child abuse? I do think women who abuse drugs and alcohol should be sterilized until they can be responsible (and working) parents.

Personally, I would rather read a tweet about a termination that hear a woman celebrate because they got approved for welfare. ok?

I am a single mom. I basically was trapped into having kids as a Catholic who did not beleive in abortions and both me and my children have suffered for it dearly. Domestic abuse does trap women for this reason. They try to stay for the sake of the child and it does NOT work.

There are already too many kids waiting to be adopted or in foster care and never get what they need to even get a true chance in life. Just homelessness when they age out of the sytem at 18.

Things are not black and white...But if everybody cares about the "bottom line" and money then you better lose the idea that abortion is wrong...

Old 11-19-2010, 02:20 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
I don't exactly see the problem with this. It could be a coping factor that'll help get them through their abortion. It could be for attention. No matter what it is for, it doesn't matter. There's nothing wrong with it.

Old 11-19-2010, 04:32 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingGA View Post
I find humor in that those who want to eliminate welfare and public benefits are the very same people pushing to keep abortions from being more common. If abortions were free, then a lot of the public dent in terms of welfare for single parents would be gone. Ok, then I think it might be uncomfortable for all these married couples to collect benefits when BOTH parents could work and provide a little.

For those of you on a moral high horse and say abortion is wrong whatever, then maybe you can elect to use your taxes to support an unwanted child.

If women are treated so badly because they have a child with an absent father, is there any wonder why there is so much child abuse? I do think women who abuse drugs and alcohol should be sterilized until they can be responsible (and working) parents.

Personally, I would rather read a tweet about a termination that hear a woman celebrate because they got approved for welfare. ok?

I am a single mom. I basically was trapped into having kids as a Catholic who did not beleive in abortions and both me and my children have suffered for it dearly. Domestic abuse does trap women for this reason. They try to stay for the sake of the child and it does NOT work.

There are already too many kids waiting to be adopted or in foster care and never get what they need to even get a true chance in life. Just homelessness when they age out of the sytem at 18.

Things are not black and white...But if everybody cares about the "bottom line" and money then you better lose the idea that abortion is wrong...
You are talking about being a catholic and forced to keep have and keep your children. It is no ones business the circumstances, but I will suggest, 1-what about birth control and don't say Catholics don't use birth control and 2-what about adoption? That is always an option.

Now, as for these kids being on welfare, most kids on welfare could have been aborted, those who abort and not those who are depending on welfare, those on welfare never considered abortion, so this is an argument that holds little water.

As for kids waiting to be adopted. This shows how little you know, there are almsot no kids waiting to be adopted except the older ones, those with special needs and yes, some minority kids. it is the opposite, it is almost impossible to adotp anymore.

I can honestly say, you know almost nothing about the entire proceedure. You might think abortion is the answer, that is your choice, but don't think people who keep their kids and depend on assistance couldn't have aborted if they chose to and what this has to be with domestic abuse makes no sense. Are you saying, if more people would abort there would be less domestic abuse?

Nita

Old 11-19-2010, 05:26 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
You are talking about being a catholic and forced to keep have and keep your children. It is no ones business the circumstances, but I will suggest, 1-what about birth control and don't say Catholics don't use birth control and 2-what about adoption? That is always an option.

Now, as for these kids being on welfare, most kids on welfare could have been aborted, those who abort and not those who are depending on welfare, those on welfare never considered abortion, so this is an argument that holds little water.

As for kids waiting to be adopted. This shows how little you know, there are almsot no kids waiting to be adopted except the older ones, those with special needs and yes, some minority kids. it is the opposite, it is almost impossible to adotp anymore.

I can honestly say, you know almost nothing about the entire proceedure. You might think abortion is the answer, that is your choice, but don't think people who keep their kids and depend on assistance couldn't have aborted if they chose to and what this has to be with domestic abuse makes no sense. Are you saying, if more people would abort there would be less domestic abuse?

Nita
Well, why aren't prolifers adopting these children? Are they not worthy of a loving home? Should they have been aborted instead........since even prolifers don't want them?

You do realize, don't you, that a lot of abortions are preformed when the woman finds out the fetus is defective.

If abortion was banned, who will adopt all of the defective children? The prolifers? Well, we already know that isn't going to happen.

Whatever, as long as the defective ones are brought to term, throw them in an institution after that, who cares? Not MY problem, isn't that the prolifer's attitude?

Old 11-19-2010, 05:29 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Well, why aren't prolifers adopting these children? Are they not worthy of a loving home? Should they have been aborted instead........since even prolifers don't want them?

You do realize, don't you, that a lot of abortions are preformed when the woman finds out the fetus is defective.

If abortion was banned, who will adopt all of the defective children? The prolifers? Well, we already know that isn't going to happen.

Whatever, as long as the defective ones are brought to term, throw them in an institution after that, who cares? Not MY problem, isn't that the prolifer's attitude?
I've been asking those same questions throughout this thread.

Old 11-19-2010, 06:40 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,943,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
No, you can change a babies diaper. You showed a fetus inside a uterus.

I have had 7 of these in me at various times in my life.

Once you have a REAL baby, you will know the difference between the two.

When it is inside of you, you are the boss. You can come and go as you please because it is still a parasite living off of you. Once it is here, you are at the mercy of the cute little newborn.

But please do not confuse the two.

Life outside of a uterus is ALIVE. While still inside someone it is comparable to a tape worm. But it all depends on what the HOST things.

If the host wants to call it a baby at 5 weeks, then go for it. If the host does not want to call it a baby at 24 weeks, than go for it.

I was 28 weeks along when my Dr. called my daughter a parasite, so the term is a lasting one. I don't take offense to it.
are you assuming i never had a child?

Old 11-19-2010, 06:43 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,943,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Yes well here is the definition of PARASITE
Parasite - Medical Definition and More from Merriam-Webster

Definition of PARASITE

: an organism living in, with, or on another organism in parasitism
parasite - definition of parasite in the Medical dictionary - by the Free Online Medical Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
ParasiteAn organism that lives in or with another organism, called the host, in parasitism, a type of association characterized by the parasite obtaining benefits from the host, such as food, and the host being injured as a result.
Mentioned in: Antihelminthic Drugs, Antimalarial Drugs, Antiprotozoal Drugs, Babesiosis, Brucellosis, Chagas' Disease, Cryptosporidiosis, Cyclosporiasis, Fluke Infections, Stool O & P Test, Vulvovaginitis
Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine. Copyright 2008 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
parasite [per′əsīt] Etymology: Gk, parasitos, guest

1 an organism living in or on and obtaining nourishment from another organism.
2 See parasitic fetus. parasitic, adj.

Mosby's Medical Dictionary, 8th edition. © 2009, Elsevier.
parasite,n an organism living in or on and obtaining nourishment from another organism.
Mosby's Dental Dictionary, 2nd edition. © 2008 Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.
umm what you have me quoted as saying i didnt write-whats up with that?

Old 11-20-2010, 10:43 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
You are amused by the genocide of 50 million unborn. Sorry i do not find amusement in that . You think the lives of the unborn is a game. I believe they have a right to be defended and their deaths is anything but a game
How could we possibly handle another 50 million people swelling the population and using resources? You think unemployment and crime are bad now, let those 50 million grow up.

It'd be great if we had a...say, 10 year moratorium on ANYONE having kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies