Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2010, 11:09 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Yeah, and the problem with no more Abortions is that most women will ATTEMPT to raise the child, only 3-9 years later to be arrested, or find they were reported to social services and the kids are taken into foster care, or they cannot financially support the kids once free checks from the govt run out, and they have no skills because they didn't go to college, or graduate HS.So now you have a bunch of 3-9 yr old kids who have possible Emotional/Mental issues that is much longer term than physical damage from parents. And you adopt these kids out but adoptive parents don't like troubled kids so then they COME BACK because they are "Problematic".

Yes, people do ditch problematic children. I have seen foreign adoptions be turned over to the county social services.. Even though THEY brought them here, they can still dump them on the county.
So you think most woman will be arrested after raising a child for 3- 9 years. juts as abortion no woman has to raise child if she gives the child for adoption.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:12 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
I have said nothing about religion. My proof is if you let a clump of cells grow it will be life. If you kill it its dead.
You pro abortionsit cry about the woman but never give the baby the right to his or her body.
You are making an irrational argument that an unfully developed fetus has more right to the mother's body than the mother does! No one, NO ONE has a right to anyone's body but their own. It's the woman's body, she controls her body, she is not beholden to the undeveloped not fully human organism growing in her body. Life does not begin at conception. Sorry but it doesn't.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:20 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,514 times
Quote:
So you think most woman will be arrested after raising a child for 3- 9 years. juts as abortion no woman has to raise child if she gives the child for adoption.

I just said if faced with the choice of adoption or keeping it, most women will choose to keep it. We all know adoption takes special people. They can't all be special.

Now teenagers will probably have more forced adoptions, but they may not be taking care of themselves while pregnant. And I am sorry to say but not all people STOP doing bad things just because they now have a kid. IN fact, these babies will have a higher rate of drug and alcohol exposure since many women do not stop while pregnant.

BTW where is all the money coming from to pay for medical care that state will have to cover for pregnant women and children? Also the money for food and all that will be supplied by the state. Please be prepared to have taxes raised.

Old 11-30-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
You are making an irrational argument that an unfully developed fetus has more right to the mother's body than the mother does! No one, NO ONE has a right to anyone's body but their own. It's the woman's body, she controls her body, she is not beholden to the undeveloped not fully human organism growing in her body. Life does not begin at conception. Sorry but it doesn't.
its matter of perspective. to me your argument is irrational to say the baby does not have a right to its body. Yes a woman has the right to kill the baby. that does not make my argument irrational .

Old 11-30-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
I just said if faced with the choice of adoption or keeping it, most women will choose to keep it. We all know adoption takes special people. They can't all be special.

Now teenagers will probably have more forced adoptions, but they may not be taking care of themselves while pregnant. And I am sorry to say but not all people STOP doing bad things just because they now have a kid. IN fact, these babies will have a higher rate of drug and alcohol exposure since many women do not stop while pregnant.

BTW where is all the money coming from to pay for medical care that state will have to cover for pregnant women and children? Also the money for food and all that will be supplied by the state. Please be prepared to have taxes raised.
the private adoption foundation i work with pays for the mothers medical bills for the pregnancy and for counseling for the life of the mother. we are non profit and take no government money . we had a 1000 matches for adoption this year and we have 10,000 parents waiting for babies and we are a small agency. Adoption is a viable alternative that many of our teen mothers take. i would say 50% of our adopted babies come from teen mothers.

A mother who really does not or is not ready to raise a child has a choice that does not include killing the baby or raising it

Old 11-30-2010, 02:34 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,514 times
Quote:
the private adoption foundation i work with pays for the mothers medical bills for the pregnancy and for counseling for the life of the mother. we are non profit and take no government money . we had a 1000 matches for adoption this year and we have 10,000 parents waiting for babies and we are a small agency. Adoption is a viable alternative that many of our teen mothers take. i would say 50% of our adopted babies come from teen mothers.

A mother who really does not or is not ready to raise a child has a choice that does not include killing the baby or raising it
That is great, but what about women who are not teens who do not want a baby?
Is it socially acceptable to give up a baby when you are 25, 30, 35 and don't want to be a mother but get pregnant?

What about the people who already have children who get pregnant and cannot afford anymore. You expect them to carry the baby and explain to their children that they are giving it away? That will go over very well.

No, but adoption involves being pregnant for almost a year. It involves strangers (adoptive parents) deciding many things like prenatal care issues because they all want to be INVOVLED. It involves great sacrifice and health adjustments. It involves possible pain, suffering, emotional, and physical sacrifice. I have nerve damage from one of my children.

What do you want women who take anti-depressants, or other prescribed drugs that are not recommended during pregnancy, to do?

They should stop taking the drugs and risk possible episodes, or pain from previous injuries, or mental break downs, or thoughts of suicide?

Or should they continue taking the prescription -with the knowledge that maybe no one will adopt a baby who has been on medication that has not been recommended by the FDA?

There are so many delicate issues that can go on with a woman and her pregnancy, I cannot believe any of you think it is that cut and dried.

Last edited by Taboo2; 11-30-2010 at 02:49 PM..

Old 11-30-2010, 04:51 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,344,644 times
Quote:
the 89% is for infants going into foster care. The majority would be adopted through adoption agencies. As i said the agency i am a board member on has matched 1000 adoptions this year and we are small. we have a waiting list of 10,000 to get an infant.
it doesn't matter one bit. the TRUTH of the matter is there aren't enough families to take in these kids. tell me, are the 10,000 on your waiting list fully cleared to adopt? will they take any child that comes their way or do they want something specific (certain sex? race?). do you have people prepared to take in twins or triplets? do you have people prepared to adopt kids born w/ physical deformities, regardless of the severity? emotional issues like autism which pops up in early age? I can tell you right now, we don't have enough families to take in all of those unwanted kids. I've personally wrapped toys for toddlers in foster care, some of whom I was still wrapping gifts for years later. hell, when you've got anti-choice people right in this thread forgoing adoption to "further their genetic code", you wonder how many more of these people exist and will choose bio kids over adoption. never mind the idiot agencies w/ their abundance of idiot rules such as not adopting out to gay couples or singles

IMO, this is almost comparable to how some dog breeders think. honestly, they breed puppies thinking that everyone loves puppies and they will be sold quickly. but this isn't always the case. misjudging the number of homes available, whether it's for a pup or baby, will leave that baby in possible dire circumstances

don't be naive in thinking there will be homes waiting for all of those unwanted babies. precedent shows use there won't be and in even the cutest, healthiest baby spends too much time in foster care.

Old 11-30-2010, 04:59 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,344,644 times
Quote:
So you know of one person whose mother chose not to abort them or give them to adoption that abused theri kid.
So you are saying you would rather be dead.
By your writing you seem intelligent and successful , sorry if you would rather have been dead. I am willing to bet you are important to Simone or alot of people
earlier in this thread, I linked to a story about a girl who was allegedly raped. she gave birth then tossed the newborn in the trash. this happens more often than you think. is this somehow preferable to abortion? not only force a woman (or in this case, a teen) through an unwanted pregnancy and then, only after a 9 month ordeal of pregnancy, leave them choices: give the child up for adoption (where there are no guarantees it will be adopted), keep it (where there are no guarantees the mother will love the child she never wanted), or, sadly, "get rid of it". how do you think a woman, who wanted an abortion but wasn't allowed to have one b/c some random men wanted control over her uterus, is going to deal w/ the baby forced upon her? some women may accept this and prepare for the child, but some will not want it or, if they keep it, grow to despise it. this is ESPECIALLY true if the child is disabled (and frankly, if I'm forced to be pregnant, why have a healthy pregnancy? why would a woman seeking an abortion bother taking folic acid pills or stop drinking/smoking/doing drugs?)

Old 11-30-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
That is great, but what about women who are not teens who do not want a baby?
Is it socially acceptable to give up a baby when you are 25, 30, 35 and don't want to be a mother but get pregnant?

What about the people who already have children who get pregnant and cannot afford anymore. You expect them to carry the baby and explain to their children that they are giving it away? That will go over very well.

No, but adoption involves being pregnant for almost a year. It involves strangers (adoptive parents) deciding many things like prenatal care issues because they all want to be INVOVLED. It involves great sacrifice and health adjustments. It involves possible pain, suffering, emotional, and physical sacrifice. I have nerve damage from one of my children.

What do you want women who take anti-depressants, or other prescribed drugs that are not recommended during pregnancy, to do?

They should stop taking the drugs and risk possible episodes, or pain from previous injuries, or mental break downs, or thoughts of suicide?

Or should they continue taking the prescription -with the knowledge that maybe no one will adopt a baby who has been on medication that has not been recommended by the FDA?

There are so many delicate issues that can go on with a woman and her pregnancy, I cannot believe any of you think it is that cut and dried.
As i said about 50% of our mothers are teens but that means the other 50% were much older. Right now we are working with three different 40 years old who wish to put their babies up for adoption. All three have more than enough money to afford a baby or afford an abortion. they chose to give a family who wants a baby and cant not have one of their own the chance to love and raise a child.
every case is very different and we through donations pay for the medical care of all mothers regardless of their ability to pay. As i said we also cover mental health issues for life. so far this year that means we have paid the medical bills on over 1000 women and kids. We had to pick up the tab in a premature birth
Mothers to be need to know their are loving families on long waiting lists waiting for infants. The choice to give a baby for adoption is hard and takes months of working with the mothers to be.
It is not easy but most are happy to know that their child will be placed with loving caring parents.
when a mother chooses to not kill their unborn , our agency has found they are happier in th long run, the new parents are happy and the children are happy.
right now some of our biggest donors are adults who as children we placed in loving homes for adoption

Old 11-30-2010, 05:04 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:

many women would prefer to abort and deal with the personal ramifications if there is any then to give up a child they carried to adoption. many birth moms face a lifetime of ramifications when they give their kids up even if they know it is the best thing for the child. adoption is a great option but not the answer for all unwanted pregnancies. again it is up to the woman what she wants to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies