Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 06:47 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times

Advertisements

"The irony is that the three countries in the world adding to reserves the fastest, and thus buying the most U.S. debt now, are China, Saudi Arabia and Russia, none of them democracies," says Brad Setser, director of research at Roubini Global Economics. Not far behind are Venezuela and Iran, countries eager to use their oil riches to undermine the U.S. "We are increasingly counting on a group of creditors who are not our closest friends but have a bigger and bigger stake in America."
New Dangers for the Dollar - WSJ.com

So let's hear the Republicans and Tea Party folks bemoan the building of a mosque in NYC as they increase the deficit and sell pieces of us off to places such as Saudi and Iran.

The Republicans are a wart on the cancer that has attached itself to this country and they are not worth the powder to blow them to hell!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 06:52 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,443,092 times
And that's an understatement. Filthy scum who hate average Americans so much that they'd willingly sell our souls to our enemies rather than tell their millionaire and billionaire buddies to go eff themselves. I hope Democrats destroy this deal in both houses and everyone's taxes go back to where they were during the Clinton administration.

If that happens, how much do you want to bet the phones will be ringing off the hook in every Republican representative's office on January 7th when people get their first paychecks with less money in them? The demands to take the deal the Democrats are offering will be deafening.

Old 12-07-2010, 06:53 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Republicans now own the deficit and the selling off of the USA to get this...Iran!
My gosh, they haven't even taken over the House yet - how did they accomplish this feat when the dems are still in control?

Need we mention that it is obama and the dems who have tripled the deficit and increased the debt by 60% in just 4 short years?

I see some are very, very upset with obama's cave to the GOP, but why do you want to raise taxes on anybody in this disaster called the obamaeconomy?

Oh yes, please let the democrats scuttle this deal - then they will be responsible for everyone's taxes going up, up, up.

A family making $50,000 will see their taxes raised $3,000 - how fair is that?

Old 12-07-2010, 06:54 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,443,092 times
Ridiculous lack of understanding of how the U.S. Congress works.

Old 12-07-2010, 06:59 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,335,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
My gosh, they haven't even taken over the House yet - how did they accomplish this feat when the dems are still in control?

Need we mention that it is obama and the dems who have tripled the deficit and increased the debt by 60% in just 4 short years?
C'mon dude, don't spoil their fun by letting facts get in the way of a little demagoguery.

Old 12-07-2010, 06:59 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Note how Democrats are falling all over themself trying to pass the Democratic failed policies off on Republicans.. I suspect the longer we go, the more ridiculous the threads will get.. They've already started being suddenly concerned about the deficit for example,

Old 12-07-2010, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
"The irony is that the three countries in the world adding to reserves the fastest, and thus buying the most U.S. debt now, are China, Saudi Arabia and Russia, none of them democracies," says Brad Setser, director of research at Roubini Global Economics. Not far behind are Venezuela and Iran, countries eager to use their oil riches to undermine the U.S. "We are increasingly counting on a group of creditors who are not our closest friends but have a bigger and bigger stake in America."
New Dangers for the Dollar - WSJ.com

So let's hear the Republicans and Tea Party folks bemoan the building of a mosque in NYC as they increase the deficit and sell pieces of us off to places such as Saudi and Iran.

The Republicans are a wart on the cancer that has attached itself to this country and they are not worth the powder to blow them to hell!
This sudden concern for the deficit began when? Election day, Nov 2010? What happened to the big concern for the economy and your non stop "deficits dont matter with a recession going on"...

Man I cant wait till we get to hear the bs from liberals when the debt ceiling needs raised due to the failed Democratic policies..

Old 12-07-2010, 07:03 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
C'mon dude, don't spoil their fun by letting facts get in the way of a little demagoguery.
That would be dudette.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Note how Democrats are falling all over themself trying to pass the Democratic failed policies off on Republicans.. I suspect the longer we go, the more ridiculous the threads will get.. They've already started being suddenly concerned about the deficit for example,
Oh, you can be sure they will continue for the next two years trying to put on the GOP all of obama's failures. The only problem they have is that the dems are still in control since they still have the Senate. That will put a damper on obama attempting to use them as a foil.

I'm more than happy to wait until 2012 to retake the Senate.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:09 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,953,952 times
Someone seriously spiked the Bots' Koolaid today. A lot of stuff they post here is pretty strange but today, they seem to be churning out some seriously bat-chit crazy stuff.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Oh, you can be sure they will continue for the next two years trying to put on the GOP all of obama's failures. The only problem they have is that the dems are still in control since they still have the Senate. That will put a damper on obama attempting to use them as a foil.

I'm more than happy to wait until 2012 to retake the Senate.
I'm trying to figure this out..

Democrats had 100% control of Congress from 2007+ and everything was George Bushs fault..

Republicans taking over the House a month from now, and everything is the Republicans fault even though they cant do a dam thing without Democrats and its a Democrat signing bills..

Maybe a Democrat can explain this to me because it looks like they just need an escape goat for their policies not working..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies