Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 05:19 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,742,666 times

Advertisements

Boy Cheilgirl...I have not read anywhere that someone is attacking you personally but I am seeing it that you are the one doing the attacking here.
I have not seen one person make fun of a disability or you here .
I also never claimed to have a medical degree. Nor do I see where I was trying to be funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 08:30 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I think that she should sue the damn manufacturer. They should not even be allowed to call the toxic garbage that they market in fancy packaging "perfume". More often than not, it is artificially produced without so much as one ingredient that remotely resembles those that would be in the real thing. These women and men bathe in the stuff and think that they smell good? I run the other way whenever possible and if I'm in an elevator, I attempt to hold by breath or cover my nose and mouth. The commercial stuff is vile and seeps into the pores which in turn can affect the organs. These people wearing the crap not only have no sense of smell, they have no sense, period!

The cosmetic industry is deregulated enough to produce this poison and I say ...sue them!
Back to killing the whales?

Anyone who knows anything about perfume would have to have read Jitterbug Perfume.

Upper School Book Club: Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins (http://www.athensacademy.net/clubs/usbookclub/2005/12/jitterbug_perfume_by_tom_robbi.html - broken link)

Old 07-14-2010, 10:56 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Back to killing the whales?

Anyone who knows anything about perfume would have to have read Jitterbug Perfume.

Upper School Book Club: Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins (http://www.athensacademy.net/clubs/usbookclub/2005/12/jitterbug_perfume_by_tom_robbi.html - broken link)
Not one of his best, but worth a read.

A good source for education about MCS would be MCS America http://www.mcs-america.org/

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Boy Cheilgirl...I have not read anywhere that someone is attacking you personally but I am seeing it that you are the one doing the attacking here.
I have not seen one person make fun of a disability or you here .
I also never claimed to have a medical degree. Nor do I see where I was trying to be funny.
I guess you didn't read what you posted.
You assumed medical treatment, accused people who are disabled of being alarmists, etc.
Yeah, so how's that medical degree working for you? You seem to have no trouble making prognosis.

Old 07-15-2010, 03:12 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Not one of his best, but worth a read.
Ambergris.

What? - No disapproval of Chemtrails?

With all the hypocrisy, I am seriously considering the probability that much of Multiple Chemical Sensitivity is a disorder of Agenda-Somatic Acquirement and Manifestation of Hypochondriasis, a disease brought on by, and maintained with, propagandistic hypnosis such as with the establishment's insistence that Morgellons is simply a "delusional" parasitosis.

"Most doctors, including dermatologists and psychiatrists, regard Morgellons as a manifestation of known medical conditions, including delusional parasitosis, although the Mayo Clinic says that some health professionals believe that Morgellons disease is a specific condition likely to be confirmed by future research."

Morgellons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-15-2010, 03:56 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,781,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You don't know what her symptoms are or what she tried to get people to stop.

People can go into anaphalactic shock.
I'm allergic to adehydes and petrochemicals and my life is no walk in the woods.
I haven't been to a department store in decades.

If people are willfully assaulting me and won't stop, I take it the extra step.
That's exactly what it is, too, an assault.
Overdosing perfume is an office no no and flagrant lack of professionalism in business. They really should have done something and how lame that anyone has to raise a lawsuit to be taken seriously?

As for dept stores, I used to hate those Macy girls that would get aggressive and spray you as you walked by. I already had perfume on and the two didn't mix.

Another place you'll never be gainfully employed is in the post office on magazine delivery day. Those hundreds of perfume card inserts collectively made the place smell like a wh*re house on saturday night. It was uncomfortable even for me and I have no allergies, nor trapped in the building for 8 hrs.

Old 07-15-2010, 04:12 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Overdosing perfume is an office no no and flagrant lack of professionalism in business. They really should have done something and how lame that anyone has to raise a lawsuit to be taken seriously?

As for dept stores, I used to hate those Macy girls that would get aggressive and spray you as you walked by. I already had perfume on and the two didn't mix.

Another place you'll never be gainfully employed is in the post office on magazine delivery day. Those hundreds of perfume card inserts collectively made the place smell like a wh*re house on saturday night. It was uncomfortable even for me and I have no allergies, nor trapped in the building for 8 hrs.
Too true.
I haven't been in a department store in almost 2 decades because of the fragrance sprays, the Body Works (or whatever they call them), the fragrance carts, etc.

I only subscribe to three or four periodicals, the rest I read on-line. I had to cancel almost everything.

I've been very lucky living in Asia & Europe where people don't feel the need to mask their own pheramones with store bought scents.

One of the funny things I've learned about pheramones is that we're naturally attracted to certain scents. If they're masked by toxic, industry strenght chemicals you may not know your partner's scent until it's too late. Followed by divorce.

Old 07-15-2010, 04:36 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,781,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
With all the hypocrisy, I am seriously considering the probability that much of Multiple Chemical Sensitivity is a disorder of Agenda-Somatic Acquirement and Manifestation of Hypochondriasis, a disease brought on by, and maintained with, propagandistic hypnosis such as with the establishment's insistence that Morgellons is simply a "delusional" parasitosis.

"Most doctors, including dermatologists and psychiatrists, regard Morgellons as a manifestation of known medical conditions, including delusional parasitosis, although the Mayo Clinic says that some health professionals believe that Morgellons disease is a specific condition likely to be confirmed by future research."

Morgellons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This diagnosis coming from someone clearly plagued by oppositional defiance disorder? <weg> Mental patients shouldn't be allowed to read DSM. It only gives them more dramatic options to choose from. Pay very close attention to act one, psycho babble... Pro Se | This American Life

Old 07-15-2010, 05:46 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,278,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
so what you are saying is when someone is around you they should be smell free and naked because unless it is an approved type of clothing etc you can't breathe? I am hoping that you have a job from your home and you never leave.
If your allergies are that severe there are shots.

I find it simple . I just remove myself from the situation.
Quote:

When my grandson started school there was a mother who greeted every single person as they came into the schoolyard with a flyer stating that HER child had a peanut allergy among other allergies and nobody will be exempt from her list as SHE will make sure that NOBDOY would put HER child in danger and she was asking to check everyone's lunch and snack and if they refused THEY would be subject to a lawsuit as her husband was a lawyer...
Some people take it way too far.
I think it should have stopped at the mother teaching her kid to be responsible enough not to eat peanuts, she seems to be a helicopter parent that wants everyone else to watch over her kid while shes not around and does it with threats. Why should every other kid have to walk on egg shells because her little baby has peanut allergies. I would have told her to go f**k herself.

Old 07-15-2010, 05:53 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Gold digger comes to mind.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:11 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,742,666 times
aveojohn I so agree with that. Some people really take it too far. I feel bad for that 6 year old child because right off the bat, first day of school, the mother ruined it for him.
I work with children and I have in the last year had two children with severe allergies and nobody made a huge deal about it. I worked around it the days the kids were here and also had an epipen on hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies