Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2010, 01:00 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,909 times

Advertisements

Forgive me if someone else posted this...
I just couldn't bear to read more than 1 page about Beck...

But I saw the headline "Glen Beck on Fire"...and I just held my breath and had my fingers crossed for a literal meaning...

Darn...disappointed again...

(...just KIDDING!...Beck lovers, relax!...it was a JOKE...)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2010, 01:07 PM

379 posts, read 211,530 times
Back to Glenn Bech's Nov 8th TV "show."

Below is the transcript of EXACTLY what Beck said about Mark Penn. If you want, you can look at the post where the EXACT transcript of Mark Penn's words from Hardball are posted and compare the two.

My question is, HOW DOES BECK COME TO THE CONCLUSION HE DOES BASED ON PENN'S WORDS? It's such a STRETCH! The transcript starts with Beck talking to his audience, saying, "So why does the left need violence"? then he goes on to use Mark Penn's FEW WORDS on Hardball as his "PROOF." bs. This is an example of how Beck plants suggestions in the minds of his viewers which leads them to wrong conclusions.......the conclusions which Beck wants his audiences to "buy." Glenn Beck is a very skillful liar. No doubt about it.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,602125,00.html

So, why does the left need this violence? Well, listen to a clip from a Democratic pollster, Mark Penn, happened just the other day and yet no one pays attention to it. How can the left win the country? Watch:
(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)
MARK PENN, DEMOCRATIC POLLSTER: Cabinets don't really sell things. The president himself has to reconnect with the people. Remember, President Clinton reconnected through Oklahoma, right?
CHRIS MATTHEWS, MSNBC: Yes, because the bombing was down there.
PENN: And the president right now, he seems removed. It wasn't until that speech that he really clicked with the American public. Obama needs a similar kind of event.
MATTHEWS: You think words are —
(END VIDEO CLIP)
BECK: Obama needs a similar kind of event. Oh, like Oklahoma City! If only Barack Obama can have the opportunity to speak to America after another Oklahoma City type event, then he'll politically be in good shape. Wow!

Last edited by DVD360; 11-10-2010 at 01:16 PM..

Old 11-10-2010, 01:10 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
Glenn Beck On Fire This Week

Well then someone better hose him down, we wouldn't want to show up at the end of the week only have an ash hole on air.

Come to think of it, what burns for an entire week, old tires, coal mine fires, oil slicks, oh nevermind.

Old 11-10-2010, 01:11 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD360 View Post
"good stuff"? lol Beck would be out of a job if so many conservatives weren't loving to be "scared to death"......bunch of fear-loving drama queens/kings. Maybe it's the age thing. Maybe the elderly need some excitement so they love the horror show which is Glen Beck.
Be sure to point out all the lies for us will ya?

Old 11-10-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post

Well then someone better hose him down, we wouldn't want to show up at the end of the week only have an ash hole on air.

Come to think of it, what burns for an entire week, old tires, coal mine fires, oil slicks, oh nevermind.

Old 11-10-2010, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Be sure to point out all the lies for us will ya?
I have pointed out lies /deception. Aren't you reading all the posts?

Old 11-10-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
One of Beck's rantings is that Soros thinks Capitalism is dangerous. Actually, it is unrestrained Capitalism Soros has a fear of. Now, we in the US haven't any experience with unrestrained Capitalism, have we?
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Glenn is correct on a few parts about Soros. Soros supports the Democrats in our Country. Soros supports Education in our Country. And, most diabolical to the Repubs, Soros supports efforts to keep an economic balance, thru cooperation of Govt, Businesses and the Public Soros says, correctly, unrestrained Corporate entities are dangerous to society. I think we all know what that brings.
There you go again with this "unrestrained" nonsense again. Our so called "free market" is so mired in government restraints and regulations that:

"The annual cost of federal regulations in the United States increased to more than $1.75 trillion in 2008, a 3% real increase over five years, to about 14% of U.S. national income."

Wall Street Journal: The Regulation Tax Keeps Growing | Republican Small Business Committee

The total cost of CA state regulations on businesses is $493 billion, five times the state's General Fund Budget, according to the COST OF STATE REGULATIONS ON CALIFORNIA SMALL BUSINESSES STUDY. (http://www.sba.ca.gov/Cost%20of%20Regulation%20Study%20-%20Final.pdf - broken link)

That's an average of about $150,000 per business, $13,000 per household and $5,000 per resident each year.

So stop with the "unrestrained" bullcrap already.

BTW, you know what you get from corporations? You get the computer program in the computer you are using, the heating and air-conditioning that keeps you comfortable, the caned and frozen food you eat, yeah, tell us how bad corporations are for improving our lives.

Old 11-10-2010, 01:52 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post

Post of the day - love it!!

Old 11-10-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
I have pointed out lies /deception. Aren't you reading all the posts?
I just went thru about 20 posts from you in this thread. So uhhh, you will need to point out a post to me where you brought facts to refute Beck, all I have seen from you are bunches of snarky comments and ridicule.

Old 11-10-2010, 01:57 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Back to Glenn Bech's Nov 8th TV "show."

Below is the transcript of EXACTLY what Beck said about Mark Penn. If you want, you can look at the post where the EXACT transcript of Mark Penn's words from Hardball are posted and compare the two.

My question is, HOW DOES BECK COME TO THE CONCLUSION HE DOES BASED ON PENN'S WORDS? It's such a STRETCH! The transcript starts with Beck talking to his audience, saying, "So why does the left need violence"? then he goes on to use Mark Penn's FEW WORDS on Hardball as his "PROOF." bs. This is an example of how Beck plants suggestions in the minds of his viewers which leads them to wrong conclusions.......the conclusions which Beck wants his audiences to "buy." Glenn Beck is a very skillful liar. No doubt about it.

Glenn Beck: Birth Pangs - Glenn Beck - FOXNews.com

So, why does the left need this violence? Well, listen to a clip from a Democratic pollster, Mark Penn, happened just the other day and yet no one pays attention to it. How can the left win the country? Watch:
(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)
MARK PENN, DEMOCRATIC POLLSTER: Cabinets don't really sell things. The president himself has to reconnect with the people. Remember, President Clinton reconnected through Oklahoma, right?
CHRIS MATTHEWS, MSNBC: Yes, because the bombing was down there.
PENN: And the president right now, he seems removed. It wasn't until that speech that he really clicked with the American public. Obama needs a similar kind of event.
MATTHEWS: You think words are —
(END VIDEO CLIP)
BECK: Obama needs a similar kind of event. Oh, like Oklahoma City! If only Barack Obama can have the opportunity to speak to America after another Oklahoma City type event, then he'll politically be in good shape. Wow!
Where's the lie? You provided no proof of anything. How in the world can YOU come this conclusion with absolutely no knowledge of any of this and no facts to back a damn thing up?

What did the guy mean by saying Obama needs an event similar to the OK bombing? What did he mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies