Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 10:47 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,323,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I've said before that I'm not the world's biggest Beck fan - I can take him or leave him - but what he does do is tell people not to believe him blindly ... to do their own research, to form their own opinions.

So to say the comment I've bolded, couldn't be farther from the truth of what Beck consistantly says.
Beck viewers/listeners do so because they either (1) don't want to think for themselves or (2) can't think for themselves. He's pretty safe in stringing together whatever "facts" he chooses to arrive at whatever fantastical conclusion he chooses. It's a pretty safe bet that his viewers are not going to heed his caveat "to do their own research."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 10:56 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,825,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Beck viewers/listeners do so because they either (1) don't want to think for themselves or (2) can't think for themselves. He's pretty safe in stringing together whatever "facts" he chooses to arrive at whatever fantastical conclusion he chooses. It's a pretty safe bet that his viewers are not going to heed his caveat "to do their own research."
If his viewers aren't going to "do their own research", then why don't the Beck bashers?? If he simply strings things together, then it should be very easy for the bashers to point out the lies in Becks arguments. Right? Such a simple thing for the bashers to do.....with specifics.....facts.

All I ever hear from the bashers are either personal attacks against Beck or general overall statements like "he lies". I'd like to see cold hard facts to refute what Beck says. The best way to shut Beck down would be to present facts that shows he lies. Seems the bashers aren't able to present facts against Becks information, which lends even more credibility to Beck.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:07 AM

379 posts, read 210,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Beck isn't my boy and you are FAILING to answer the question. Refute the information Beck has provided, with facts. Please. I'm curious to hear where Beck is lying and how he is wrong. If you can't prove him wrong, then you really have no argument beyond a personal dislike for him.
You are DEMANDING that I answer a questions you posed to all those who are not Glenn Beck fans. I'm challenging you to just TELL US what Glenn Beck is preaching in just one of his "shows" and give us evidence that HIS CONCLUSIONS are correct. You can't do that.

As another posted said, all you have to do is google Glen Beck lies and there are plenty to be found. I'm giving you an opportunity to defend Glen Beck. YOU watch his shows. Why can't you take just one show and summarize it accurately and demonstrate the "truth" he tells?

Ever heard anything about it's impossible to prove a negative? Glen Beck may use "facts" to "prove" something he thinks is going to happen in the future, yet uses those facts out of context, and therefore is misleading. If you can't prove Beck right, then you really have no argument that he has some sort of unique insight and ability to predict the future. SHOW US WHERE GLEN BECK HAS BEEN RIGHT IN ANY OF HIS PREDICTIONS of gloom and doom.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
If his viewers aren't going to "do their own research", then why don't the Beck bashers?? If he simply strings things together, then it should be very easy for the bashers to point out the lies in Becks arguments. Right? Such a simple thing for the bashers to do.....with specifics.....facts.

All I ever hear from the bashers are either personal attacks against Beck or general overall statements like "he lies". I'd like to see cold hard facts to refute what Beck says. The best way to shut Beck down would be to present facts that shows he lies. Seems the bashers aren't able to present facts against Becks information, which lends even more credibility to Beck.
Nobody is going to shut Beck down as long as he has ratings that FOX loves. Who cares about the truth. Beck's fans WANT TO BELIEVE. They look for things to justify what Beck says. They'd never do critical thinking when watching Beck.

No, it's not simple to demonstrate the falacies in Beck's shows/conclusiong.....it's time-consuming, and I don't think anybody on CD is getting paid to do that research. Simply google Glenn Beck Lies.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:15 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,955,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Don't understand your question. Did you miss the show and want a re-cap or are you just being rude?
You misunderstood the other poster.. They watched the show, they just didnt comprehend it. Beck used all sorts of big words..

Old 11-09-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Hey what ever happened to all you beck supporters declaring civil war on the rest of us because of President Obama being elected. I'm still waiting. Get off the couch tough glen beck followers!
lol

Old 11-09-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD360 View Post
Nobody is going to shut Beck down as long as he has ratings that FOX loves. Who cares about the truth. Beck's fans WANT TO BELIEVE. They look for things to justify what Beck says. They'd never do critical thinking when watching Beck.

No, it's not simple to demonstrate the falacies in Beck's shows/conclusiong.....it's time-consuming, and I don't think anybody on CD is getting paid to do that research. Simply google Glenn Beck Lies.
And yet no one has ever disputed the accuracy of Becks show.. Just resorting to "he's wrong".. Sorry, I have higher standards, maybe you should as well...

Old 11-09-2010, 11:17 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,825,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD360 View Post

Then you really have no argument other than blind hatred / dislike for Beck.

I don't watch his show and was wanting those of you who have railed against him in this thread to provide hard core facts of how he lies. I'd like to see his information torn apart from the other side with facts, if what he says are lies.

Apparently he presents facts as nobody on here can refute his information....all I see in this thread are personal attacks against him and the people who listen to him. Not really the best way for the Beck bashers to win an argument is it???

Old 11-09-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Hey what ever happened to all you beck supporters declaring civil war on the rest of us because of President Obama being elected. I'm still waiting. Get off the couch tough glen beck followers!
Of course you do realize that was liberals making such stupid outlandish claims of "civil war" because we didnt want to see a "black man" in the White House..

You proved the stupidity of the racist accusations, and the ridiculousness of the liberal claims, all in one fell swoop of a paragraph.. Well done..

Old 11-09-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Is that what Obama told you to say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies