Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 09:52 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Ovcatto...it's hilarious. Believe it or not (and i wouldn't blame you if you didn't believe it cuz it's so absurd), i work with Republicans who think that we spend as much on Welfare (in this case, meaning Food Stamps, ADC, WIC, etc) as we do on Social Security and Defense. I'm not lying...seriously! So i sat them down at a computer and showed them a chart of Fed Spending. Did no good...they're still not convinced. When i asked how much we spend on Foreign Aid, they think we spend hundreds of billions! Now i consider the two wars to be foreign aid at this point so that's not entirely inaccurate, but thats not what my colleagues meant.

Don't have to wonder why no righties chimed in on this post.
One little thing you forgot to calculate into your "hehehe I'm smarter than those Republicans" example.

Social Security IS welfare..

So much for you showing them who the smart one isnt..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
They also were thinking about freeing the slaves, but they couldn't get enough votes in their caucus to consider the legislation.
cough.. cough... it was Republicans that freed the slaves..

Republican Congress #37 passed a bill introduced by Senator Wilson, (a Republican) and 99% of all Republicans voted in support of freeing the slaves.. 83% of Democrats voted against it and though slaves should remain slaves..

Please refrain from trying to educate folks on history and give the racist bs a rest..

Old 11-09-2010, 10:06 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

Republican Congress #37 passed a bill introduced by Senator Wilson, (a Republican) and 99% of all Republicans voted in support of freeing the slaves.. 83% of Democrats voted against it and though slaves should remain slaves..

Please refrain from trying to educate folks on history and give the racist bs a rest..
I know all that......but there are many of today's Republicans who no doubt wish they hadn't done. Hell, all I need to do is just read this forum for evidence of that.

Old 11-09-2010, 10:19 PM

Quote:
I know all that......but there are many of today's Republicans who no doubt wish they hadn't done. Hell, all I need to do is just read this forum for evidence of that.
If you read this forum with an open mind, you'd realize it isnt Republicans talking about race non stop.. Lets see.. who brought it up in this thread?

ooh thats right.. YOU..

Old 11-09-2010, 11:16 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
Jeesus, how long are you folks going to try to ride on a 150 year old legacy of a party who is the exact opposite of what it was a century and a half ago? No wonder your policy prescriptions are so... 19th Century.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:58 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,690 times
Quote:

stop trying to link republicans of today with those of yesterday, you conservativeness goes back to democrats you very much bash lol of that time, early republicans were progressive.

and no **** the democrats was conservative bunch at that time would vote to keep slaves slaves.
but all in all people in the north wanted to free the slaves but wanted them to stay in the south and not come into the north we all know what happens when blacks started to migrate north

the klan migrated west and even north too DC stevenson(1924) a republican from indiana organized a northern kkk chapter and spread it to neighboring midwest states

and once again i bet you dont know about the realigning of the 2 parties.

Old 11-10-2010, 03:20 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
stop trying to link republicans of today with those of yesterday, you conservativeness goes back to democrats you very much bash lol of that time, early republicans were progressive.

and no **** the democrats was conservative bunch at that time would vote to keep slaves slaves.
but all in all people in the north wanted to free the slaves but wanted them to stay in the south and not come into the north we all know what happens when blacks started to migrate north

the klan migrated west and even north too DC stevenson(1924) a republican from indiana organized a northern kkk chapter and spread it to neighboring midwest states

and once again i bet you dont know about the realigning of the 2 parties.
And it was deemocrats that started the KkK in the first place. What's your point?

Old 11-10-2010, 03:21 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,214 times
Quote:
There were more minoirities elected to office last Tuesday on the Republican ticket than the democratic ticket.

Old 11-10-2010, 03:59 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,838,057 times
How about they form a commitee to form ways to cut their inflated salaries so us taxpayers won't have to pay for their foolishness on wasting time on cutting a program that doesn't exist.

Think of the savings!

Old 11-10-2010, 03:59 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
...the only problem is that the program they want to cut, no longer exists.

If this weren't so sad it would be hysterically funny... ok its still hysterically funny.

Republican Study Committee (RSC) - The Caucus of House Conservatives

Republican Study Committee Recommends Cutting Welfare Program That Already Expired
Hey they had to start somewhere!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies