Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 04:01 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times

Advertisements

First of all, I wouldn't believe anything from the Soros funded Huffington(puffington) Post. It's all propaganda and lies. That's what Soros does best.

Secondly, I'm reading in your other link that it is the former Wellfare Reform Bill that they want to restore, and that would be a good thing. That program actually helped people to get off wellfare. Obama ended that as part of the first so-called "stimulus" bill.

But, hey. You libs don't know how to read. So, I'm not surprised by your post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2010, 05:29 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
cough.. cough... it was Republicans that freed the slaves..
Why did the Republicans and Democrats essentailly swap ideologies during the twentieth century? | Richardxx's Blog

Southern strategy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
</off-topic>

Old 11-10-2010, 05:39 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Jeesus, how long are you folks going to try to ride on a 150 year old legacy of a party who is the exact opposite of what it was a century and a half ago? No wonder your policy prescriptions are so... 19th Century.
Lets see.. how long will I bring up the fact that Republicans ended slavery? Everytime some liberal makes some stupid comment about Republicans supporting slavery.. Prepare to hear it often..

Old 11-10-2010, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
First of all, I wouldn't believe anything from the Soros funded Huffington(puffington) Post. It's all propaganda and lies. That's what Soros does best.
Are you saying the HuffPo article made up its quotes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Secondly, I'm reading in your other link that it is the former Wellfare Reform Bill that they want to restore, and that would be a good thing. That program actually helped people to get off wellfare. Obama ended that as part of the first so-called "stimulus" bill.
Many more people today -- not Eric Cantor or Tom Price -- are out of work and the states needed expanded funds to handle this. (Note the T in TANF stands for Temporary, too.)

"Given the wildly inaccurate description of the TANF Emergency Fund on the “YouCut” website, the vote to eliminate the program is meaningless. Far from a “backdoor way to undo” welfare reform, the fund has enabled states to expand work-focused programs within TANF despite high unemployment and a weak economy.

[details of what the TANF emergency fund actually did, such as subsidize jobs, many in the private sector.]

"The nation’s governors know the facts about the TANF Emergency Fund, and that’s why both Democratic and Republican governors — such as Haley Barbour, Governor of Mississippi (and former head of the Republican National Committee) — have called on Congress to extend it."

Off the Charts Blog | Center on Budget and Policy Priorities | Blog Archive |

I suppose any truly patriotic state refused these funds, though.

"The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities estimates that the program put more than 240,000 otherwise unemployed people to work in 37 states, including 45,000 people in California. The program even has the approval of the American Enterprise Institute's Kevin Hassett, who calls it 'a pretty cost-effective way to create jobs.'"

By ending the emergency program's subsidization Eric Cantor would end the jobs and throw these people out of work, so that they can... do what? It doesn't matter, who cares! Cantor and Price would have scored political points, and that's all that's important.

Last edited by delusianne; 11-10-2010 at 06:10 AM..

Old 11-10-2010, 05:46 AM

Steeles "gaffe" has nothing to do with the statement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
And it was deemocrats that started the KkK in the first place. What's your point?
And it was Democrats that continued to re-elect Democratic KKK members to Congress, and its Democrats to wouldnt vote for Minorities. Democrats like to ignore the math, Republicans will nominate minorities to be their candidate, Democrats wouldnt elect them. Somehow though these Democrats ignore their own racism and have managed to project it upon someone else.. Its amazing..
Quote:
There were more minoirities elected to office last Tuesday on the Republican ticket than the democratic ticket.
Lets not forget Republicans also elect more minority firsts than Democrats. The difference is so amazing that it squashes any accusations of racism from the left. Its sad that they continue to try to get away with this bs talk..

Old 11-10-2010, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Are you saying the HuffPo article made up its quotes?
If you dont understand the stupidity of the Huffington POS story, then I have little hopes you'll understand if we little people try to explain it to you..

"Republicans claim to be serious about reducing the deficit but yet they roll out a proposal to eliminate a program that no longer exists," said Rep. Jim McDermott (D-Wash.) in a statement.

I mean really, thats your complaint? The stupidity of the left to make such stupid comments, and then repeat them.. as if its somehow "news"..

Old 11-10-2010, 05:52 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
If you read this forum with an open mind, you'd realize it isnt Republicans talking about race non stop.. Lets see.. who brought it up in this thread?

ooh thats right.. YOU..
Spare me the sanctimonious, intellectually dishonest blather. Who invokes racial animosity on the air, coded and uncoded, on a daily basis? Who refers to the President of the United States as if he's not a "real American"? Why does this President continue to be plagued by birthers and other assorted wackos?

As I said...........spare me.

Old 11-10-2010, 05:53 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
There were more minoirities elected to office last Tuesday on the Republican ticket than the democratic ticket.
That's like being the best baseball player in Mongolia.........not much of a sample to choose from.

Old 11-10-2010, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Steeles "gaffe" has nothing to do with the statement.
Hmm, wonder why I included it then. If you read the links you'll learn history that the GOP and its mouthpieces work hard to be sure you don't know, as illustrated in the Steele link.

Old 11-10-2010, 05:58 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,972 times
Quote:
One little thing you forgot to calculate into your "hehehe I'm smarter than those Republicans" example.

Social Security IS welfare..

So much for you showing them who the smart one isnt..
Social Security is an entitlement program but people PAY into the program and their benefits are determined by the amount they pay and how long they've paid into the program. That is TOTALLY different than things like Food Stamps, and other programs where the government gives out benefits to people without them paying into the system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies