Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 06:51 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I guess you've found your cross to bear.

You write well.............................................. ....for a parrot

But you disappoint, please! A few pinko-commie rants just to give us the whole comedic affect of baseless blather.

Oh no - did I somehow give you the impression I cared what you thought about me? I am truly sorry if I did. Let me be real clear: I DO NOT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2010, 06:51 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
GREAT article link! Thank you for posting. I have already sent it to several friends with great replies back.

It is utterly amazing to me that Dems still show their faces after this hypocrisy. The depth of lies is astounding. The accusations against Bush and the Republican party.....did they think their quotes would just disappear? Do they think they deserve the right to have a 'do-over' so they can make their party look better? And yet people still believe and blindly follow.
So the Dems are as easily duped as the Reps, no great surprise there.

Before you run off remember one thing, Bush himself says he made the decision to invade Iraq, he owns it.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:53 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Oh no - did I somehow give you the impression I cared what you thought about me? I am truly sorry if I did. Let me be real clear: I DO NOT!
Not to worry, you haven't impressed me at all, with anything.

The only thing you've given me is an inane, asinine, meaningless Kool-Aid chant.

Last edited by burdell; 11-10-2010 at 07:12 AM..

Old 11-10-2010, 07:12 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
The usual assorted rightwing fruits and nuts have reminded me how easy it is to fool the American people. I wonder when your civil liberties are taken away, and I wonder when torture is used in this country, on Americans, if these same fruits and nuts will defend it.

I know that they will, and that proves to me, anyway, that the greatest threat to democracy lies within.

Old 11-10-2010, 05:35 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So the Dems are as easily duped as the Reps, no great surprise there.

Before you run off remember one thing, Bush himself says he made the decision to invade Iraq, he owns it.
The hysteria was started under Clinton, wouldn't you say?

BTW...most democrats voted for the resolution to go to war. Unlike Obama, Bush did everything in a bi-partisan manner.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:14 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
He sure is, but won't let the hands of American's do it, supposedly. He'll allow another country do it for us though.

Where is the rationale in that?
Obama is just smart. If Bush is prosecuted for something like this then any president can be. In the future no president will be able to protect America and we will be taken over but there are some in our country who would be happy if it happened.

Old 11-10-2010, 07:59 PM

555 posts, read 877,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Then you've never read the reports and studies that torture doesn't produce the results that people want.
Just ask John McCain.
LOL. John McCain is the wrong person to ask to support your position. He cracked under torture in Hanoi and said what the North Vietnamese wanted him to say. Of course, I have no doubt he now says torture doesn't work because they messed with his mind.

Old 03-19-2011, 04:35 PM

50 posts, read 50,392 times
Matt Lauer's question is asinine at best.

Everyone seems to understand that you can't determine the moral value of an act in a vacuum. In other words, you can't ask whether stealing is wrong, killing is wrong, etc. if you don't give the circumstances under which these acts are done. Even lying is not wrong if you're lying to protect a Jew being hunted by Nazis, as the famous example goes. So Matt Lauer, the Liberal reporter (you know, people who are experts at nothing -- yet everything), asks whether it would be okay if someone waterboarded one of our guys. But one of our guys isn't a terrorist in the middle of a terrorist act against another nation. He isn't cutting off heads of civilians. He isn't bombing school buses. He isn't acting contrary to the Geneva Conventions. He isn't committing war crimes. Matt Lauer, though, implies all of this when he asks his idiotic question, because we sanctioned waterboarding against known terrorists, not just anybody off the street.

Waterboarding was the most ethically correct thing to do under the circumstances. Liberals are basically arguing that one of the most morally correct and prudential presidential decisions in US history should be determined 'immoral' and 'illegal' because they have stwong feewings about it. How pathetic. No arguments for any of their beliefs. (1) No argument for why waterboarding is morally wrong. (2) No argument for why waterboarding is torture. (3) No argument for why torture is morally wrong. And (4) no argument for why waterboarding KSM, for example, was illegal.

George W. Bush did (as he had done many times) the right thing in waterboarding those three terrorists. The intel was good. We saved lives. We prevented terrorist attacks for seven years. We had four on American soil within Obama's first year. Coincidence? No. Our enemies know cowards when they see one, or they know an accomplice. He might not be a witting accomplice, but he's a useful idiot.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 03-19-2011 at 04:54 PM.. Reason: Deleted inflammatory comments
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies