Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 01:35 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,050,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Did you watch the video. It's pretty obvious he reached out to her first and then clasped her hand in both of his.

I know the truth is often incompatible with the narrative you want to promote, but this one is pretty obvious if you watch what actually happened.
True, but they really need that narrative.

Old 11-10-2010, 01:42 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,320,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
No, I do not think that everyone who criticizes Obama is a racist. Only the people who toss around racist innuendo while criticizing.

(and then are SO surprised to be called out on it)

Actually, Mrs S never did rebut my claim that she may be a racist. Hmmm.
You seem to be the only one answering for her.

Racist innuendo? That's a good one. If you think there was racism there you clearly do think that anyone who has anything to say about the Obamas is a racist. But.....I'll bite. What was racist in those first 11 posts that caused you to feel the need to cry racism in post #12 of the thread?

Old 11-10-2010, 01:44 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,940,556 times
I'm sorry but people in this thread are sooo nasty and hateful. They really should be ashamed of themselves. It's disgraceful and disgusting. It's also impossible to have a productive conversation about politics with anyone that has the mentality of an eight year old school yard bully. They start these idiotic threads and the rest of their zombies just jump in and parrot the same things over and over and over again. I guess it makes them feel good that there are other miserable, hateful intellectually challenged individuals just like them who think they are accomplishing something with their e-bullying.

Old 11-10-2010, 01:49 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,320,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I'm sorry but people in this thread are sooo nasty and hateful. They really should be ashamed of themselves. It's disgraceful and disgusting. It's also impossible to have a productive conversation about politics with anyone that has the mentality of an eight year old school yard bully. They start these idiotic threads and the rest of their zombies just jump in and parrot the same things over and over and over again. I guess it makes them feel good that there are other miserable, hateful intellectually challenged individuals just like them who think they are accomplishing something with their e-bullying.
There you have it. Another self-proclaimed intellectually superior liberal has spoken. Anyone who disagresss with him or her is clearly ignorant.

Quote:
It's also impossible to have a productive conversation about politics with anyone that has the mentality of an eight year old school yard bully.
Exactly....just like when the liberals shout racist!!! racist!!! racist!!! any time someone disagrees with Obama.

Old 11-10-2010, 01:59 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,604,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Racist innuendo? That's a good one. If you think there was racism there you clearly do think that anyone who has anything to say about the Obamas is a racist. But.....I'll bite. What was racist in those first 11 posts that caused you to feel the need to cry racism in post #12 of the thread?
Post # 11.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
There you have it. Another self-proclaimed intellectualy superior liberal has spoken. Anyone who disagresss with him or her is clearly ignorant.

Exactly....just like when the liberals shout racist!!! racist!!! racist!!! any time someone disagrees with Obama.

I don't know about all Liberals but anyone who refers to the FLOTUS as Moo-Chelle and resorts to childish insults or defends this behavior is not only intellectually challenged, they are morally challenged as well. It's not about disagreeing with me, it's about acting like an eight year old.

Sometimes people are racist and accusing everyone who calls them on it of playing the race card doesn't change that. You don't have to use the N word, have a swastika tattooed on you or burn a cross to be racist. I haven't called anyone racist in this thread but if you are constantly being called racist, it's probably true. It's petty threads like this where people end up getting called racist. The thread and the hatred in here have no basis.

If you want to talk about issues, no one is going to accuse you of being racist. If you want to talk about how someone put their feet on their desk or call them fat, ugly, an illegal alien and make unreasonable and unusual requests that have never been to any other president, there aren't too many explanations for it. However, there is one distinct difference between other First couples and this one, other than the scrutiny they face. So if you put two and two together....Oh nevermind, I am asking too much of you.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:03 PM

2,239 posts, read 1,379,944 times
This thread is a prime example of how civil discourse has degenerated into name-calling, finger-pointing rantings. We all need to take a deep breath and step back.
We are talking about the President and the First Lady. I believe we must respect the office. The President is our representative. You may disagree with his policies, but leave all the personal attacks out. I hated that when it happened to Bush, also when Limbaugh excoriated Clinton every single day for 8 years. OMG. If we can't learn to respectfully disagree, then I fear for our great nation.
Another thing, speaking of the hand shaking incident, why didn't the gentleman who was in line with them, telling them who the next person was, why didn't he say something to discretely steer the First Lady to the proper protocol? I think the guy in line just lost his cool and shook her hand. Looked to me like he initiated it.
This is a mountain out of a mole hill scenario. Give 'em a break!
And Michelle is not fat!
Just my 2 cents.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:06 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,411,122 times
Quote:
Don't you jump right in on the Beck bashing fest whenever you can? I thought so.... You just don't like MOO-Shell being called out for her hypocritical healthy eating rhetoric while she stuffs a few cheese burgers and a coouple packs of fries down her gullet.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Don't you jump right in on the Beck bashing fest whenever you can? I thought so.... You just don't like MOO-Shell being called out for her hypocritical healthy eating rhetoric while she stuffs a few cheese burgers and a coouple packs of fries down her gullet.

Glenn Beck is not the POTUS or the FLOTUS (THANK GOD!) and you won't find me attacking his appearance. How clever, original and creative you are...over and over and over and over again....keep it up.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:15 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,411,122 times
Quote:
Glenn Beck is not the POTUS or the FLOTUS (THANK GOD!) and you won't find me attacking his appearance. How clever, original and creative you are...over and over and over and over again....keep it up.
Who cares who they are. They are not royalty no matter what they or you think. They are open for criticism and when Moo-Moo plays her typical hypocritical self by preaching healthy eating while she gobbles down a few burgers and fries herself all the while toting a spare tire around with her, she will get blasted and rightfully so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies