Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 03:09 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times

Advertisements

well, this is a refreshing change after 'air pelosi'

Quote:
Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio), the presumptive Speaker-elect of the House, will not use a private jet as Speaker for trips back and forth to his home district, he said Wednesday.

“Over the last 20 years, I have flown back and forth to my district on commercial aircraft, and I’m going to continue to do that,” Boehner told reporters at a press conference.

Boehner: No private jet trips home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2010, 03:12 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Unless he is late for a tee time, that is.

Old 11-10-2010, 03:12 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Sounds like Jerry Brown riding aound in his blue Plymouth.

First term for you neophytes.

Old 11-10-2010, 03:14 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Why I have never seen a disparaging word from the left on Obamas golf games.
Seems contradictory to mention it now.

Old 11-10-2010, 03:16 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
The more hours put on those jets means the more maintenance they get which keeps mechanics, fuelers and other entities in business.

I for one am always happy to see people using jets and private aircraft to fly because it keeps me and my company in business. But, to each his/her own I suppose.

Old 11-10-2010, 03:17 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post

Well that was a nice, intellegent, and hypocritcal statement. Kudos to you!

Old 11-10-2010, 03:17 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
What a nice target for a terrorist attack he'll make, knowing he can be held for random on a commercial airliner and knowing he's in the short line for the presidency.

Old 11-10-2010, 03:23 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
What a nice target for a terrorist attack he'll make, knowing he can be held for random on a commercial airliner and knowing he's in the short line for the presidency.
What a typical leftie way to belittle a good thing that can cut costs. Way to go!!

Old 11-10-2010, 03:25 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
The more hours put on those jets means the more maintenance they get which keeps mechanics, fuelers and other entities in business.

I for one am always happy to see people using jets and private aircraft to fly because it keeps me and my company in business. But, to each his/her own I suppose.
Sorry, but nice try.

The sense of entitlement and further disconnect from the real world of the average taxpayer by having a private jet at ones beck and call, negates any small benefit derived from a handful of airport crew.

Old 11-10-2010, 03:28 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
well, this is a refreshing change after 'air pelosi'
Yeah, refreshing as a putrid pile of garbage.

Boehner does not need to rely on a government form of transprtation as his lobbyst buddies will supply whatever he might need. After all, he's there to serve them too. Boehner never met a lobbyist that he did not like. In fact, Boehner was the guy that passed out the payola checks from the tobacco industry.

John Boehner's Private Rolodex
Kiplinger.com

Who’s Buying John Boehner This Week?
Is he taking yet another ride on someone’s private corporate jet–after already having taken 45 the past several years? Is he going to golf at some posh golf resort on a lobbyist’s tab or go to a posh beach resort this coming weekend all expenses paid?
Boehner Checks Tobacco - neoone.org

ThinkProgress " Boehner: Big Tobacco's Personal Western Union

One day last summer Representative John A. Boehner of Ohio, chairman of the House Republican Conference, decided to play Santa Claus. … In any event, Mr. Boehner took it upon himself to begin handing out money from tobacco lobbyists to certain of his colleagues on the House floor.
ThinkProgress » Boehner: Big Tobacco’s Personal Western Union

If you think that a piece of crap can be called refreshing?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies