Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 07:26 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,042,146 times

Advertisements

Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 08:23 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,158,743 times
There is no group more worthy of respect and honor than veterans.

Nebraska Senator Mike Johans has teamed up with the Library of Congress to collect and preserve our veterans’ stories from all wars and conflicts. If you are a veteran, or are willing to interview one, the Veterans History Project wants your story.

"Our goal is to ensure this important part of our history, seen through the eyes of our veterans, is available to future generations for research and storytelling." Senator Johanns

Old 11-11-2010, 08:30 AM

24,869 posts, read 24,304,054 times
Very few people in this country really give a damn about the vets. Most people just walk by homeless vets who are traumatized by war experiences. Most people don't seem to care that we'll be in Afghanistan until 2014. Most people don't give vets a second thought.

If you've served, or someone close to you is serving, its one of the first thoughts you have in the morning. Most people in this country go weeks without thinking about the two wars we are still fighting overseas, and don't even bat an eye.

Respecting Veterans and our current men and women in uniform is about more than one day a year, especially when we are at war right now.

I thank you all who have served, and are serving everyday. I hope that the rest of our country that we've served decides to take notice of what you have done, what you are doing, and what you are currently going through.

Old 11-11-2010, 08:40 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,588,671 times
Honor the vets- vote for Veterans Benefits and Entitlements to improve their standard of living !
There should NEVER be a homeless veteran, NEVER AGAIN!

Old 11-11-2010, 08:43 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,588,671 times
Default Please buy a homeless person a meal, he or she may be a Veteran!

Please buy a homeless person a meal, he or she may be a Veteran!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsTmBVav-r0

Old 11-11-2010, 08:47 AM

200 posts, read 285,453 times
Many thanks to all service members and their families, past and present. Thank you for your sacrifices and your service. You all have my undying respect and gratitude.

Old 11-11-2010, 09:36 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,800,909 times
Thank you for your service. I appreciate your sacrifices for my freedom and I do support you:

Honor Flight Network

Home - Disabled Veterans' LIFE Memorial Foundation

Disabled American Veterans

http://woundedwarriorproject.org/

Soldiers' Angels - Soldiers' Angels

Old 11-11-2010, 10:06 AM

888 posts, read 1,183,154 times
A BIG....."THANK YOU".....to all the men and women in uniform!!

Steve

Old 11-11-2010, 10:09 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,062,628 times
While we honor our veterans in America, many who have sacrificed their lives.....

Obama AWOL on Vets Day...

Not that Obama doesn't appreciate the sacrifices of veterans. He absolutely does. Just ask the Indonesians.

He was in Jakarta for their Heroes Day this week to honor their veterans "who have sacrificed on behalf of this great country."

"This great country," of course, being Indonesia.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:15 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,800,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
While we honor our veterans in America, many who have sacrificed their lives.....

Obama AWOL on Vets Day...

Not that Obama doesn't appreciate the sacrifices of veterans. He absolutely does. Just ask the Indonesians.

He was in Jakarta for their Heroes Day this week to honor their veterans "who have sacrificed on behalf of this great country."

"This great country," of course, being Indonesia.
Yes, I notice during the wreath laying at Arlington National Cemetary that it was VP Joe Biden once again who was the only representative of the executive branch paying his respects.

Obama is such a tool. I hope our soldiers have their own special handshake for him as they did for Hillary!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies