Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2010, 12:39 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,380,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Lol, it's a clear indication they saw a huge Republican victory and wanted to curry favor.

It's a clear indication that they own the republicans, who will do their bidding. Have the repubs mentioned repealing health care? I seem to recall that chant.

Old 11-12-2010, 12:42 PM

1,930 posts, read 1,817,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
What is the GOP going to do, just destroy Healthcare Reform Act, and that's it?

GOP wants to spend taxpayers money on endless efforts at repeal against Healthcare Reform Act (law which the majority of the public wants, and even wants more of)?

What is the Republican healthcare reform plan, what Congressman Alan Grayson said, to get sick and die?
Grayson was right. IMO

I want these GOP'ers to cancel their taxpayer paid health care.

Old 11-12-2010, 12:44 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,688,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
It's a clear indication that they own the republicans, who will do their bidding. Have the repubs mentioned repealing health care? I seem to recall that chant.
Once they take control of the House you will see changes.....

Old 11-12-2010, 12:48 PM

8,584 posts, read 9,058,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Once they take control of the House you will see changes.....
Are you kidding me? Please, there is no way the republicans are going to do anything. You think for a minute that the health insurance lobby is going to allow their payed off hacks to squash 40 million extra premium paying suckers to vanish off their profit rolls. Not.........

Old 11-12-2010, 12:52 PM

150 posts, read 425,156 times
Quote:
This is definitely one of the things we need to take care of. Politicians doing the bidding of the companies and working with the lobbyists not the people. But you think the democrats do work with the people? HAHAHA!! NOT!!

Anyways, the insurance companies know that they are going to get hurt big time by ObamaCare. ObamaCare has a whole bunch of regulations and stuff that are going to run insurance companies out of business with the intent of getting those people on the government program. So those insurance companies are funding the Republicans and begging them to get rid of this nightmare in the desperate hope that they can stay in business.

Because it is the statist's agenda to run the insurance companies out of business so more Americans are dependent on the government.

Old 11-12-2010, 12:55 PM

20,393 posts, read 12,287,969 times
Quote:
Who did the insurance companies contribute more to in the recent elections?

Health Insurance Contributions Favor Republicans Over Democrats, 3-To-1 - Connecticut Insurance

Republicans received three times as much in contributions from health insurers as their Democrat counterparts did this year -- a clear indication of the industry's response to federal healthcare reform, according to an analysis of contributions to lawmakers by the Tribune Washington D.C. bureau.

I dont care if they gave more money to little green men.

Liberals at GWB alive for having closed door meetings with "big oil" and vowed never to do the same.

within months of being president, your hero had closed door meetings with "big insurance" and "big pharma" and actually cut deals and let them help write the healthcare bill.

your argument is holds as much water as a butterfly net.

Old 11-12-2010, 01:01 PM

320 posts, read 289,483 times
Of course it is!

To hell with the poor!

Old 11-12-2010, 01:23 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,727,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I dont care if they gave more money to little green men.

Liberals at GWB alive for having closed door meetings with "big oil" and vowed never to do the same.

within months of being president, your hero had closed door meetings with "big insurance" and "big pharma" and actually cut deals and let them help write the healthcare bill.

your argument is holds as much water as a butterfly net.

Ferd 'not caring' where the money goes is part of the very big problem we have in this country with our politicians.

Expecting that Big Pharma & Big Insurance will NOT have the ability to cut deals & have a hand in writing bills is naive. Both The Dems & Republicans accept big money from lobbyists & HAVE to cater to their needs so the big bucks keep rolling in.
Our politicians need to remember they work for 'the people' & NOT for big business interests.
Whether or nor our particular party has a R or D in front of it, we need to ALL realize & never fail to remind those we elect of this.

Old 11-12-2010, 01:42 PM

8,584 posts, read 9,058,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
This is definitely one of the things we need to take care of. Politicians doing the bidding of the companies and working with the lobbyists not the people. But you think the democrats do work with the people? HAHAHA!! NOT!!

Anyways, the insurance companies know that they are going to get hurt big time by ObamaCare. ObamaCare has a whole bunch of regulations and stuff that are going to run insurance companies out of business with the intent of getting those people on the government program. So those insurance companies are funding the Republicans and begging them to get rid of this nightmare in the desperate hope that they can stay in business.

Because it is the statist's agenda to run the insurance companies out of business so more Americans are dependent on the government.
The reason there are government programs in the first place such as the VA, medicare etc. is a direct result of the insurance racket. This didn't take place 2 years ago, this has played itself out the past 100 years or so and it has gotten us to this point in time now. It was bound to happen and it has in the past with most modern civilized nations.

Old 11-12-2010, 01:43 PM

20,393 posts, read 12,287,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Ferd 'not caring' where the money goes is part of the very big problem we have in this country with our politicians.

Expecting that Big Pharma & Big Insurance will NOT have the ability to cut deals & have a hand in writing bills is naive. Both The Dems & Republicans accept big money from lobbyists & HAVE to cater to their needs so the big bucks keep rolling in.
Our politicians need to remember they work for 'the people' & NOT for big business interests.
Whether or nor our particular party has a R or D in front of it, we need to ALL realize & never fail to remind those we elect of this.
"FERDs" not caring is not an indication that i do not care about lobbiest money. you are taking things out of context.

old gringo was attempting to lay heavy blame at the feet of republicans while absolving his prefered party. I simpy was pointing out the absurdity of his argument.

Beyond that the issue (in my opinion) in this thread is that democrats are being allowed to make blatant false accusations and are being taken seriously without any real blow back.

The point of the thread isnt to seek answers or common ground. The point of the thread is to suggest that Republicans WANT old people, young people and sick people and poor people to die.

It is a lie.

it is an underhanded (if predictable) attack.

I dont think you will find too many people that think lobbiest money is a good thing. I certainly do care, and i certainly do not think it is good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies