Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2010, 11:08 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
What is the GOP going to do, just destroy Healthcare Reform Act, and that's it?

GOP wants to spend taxpayers money on endless efforts at repeal against Healthcare Reform Act (law which the majority of the public wants, and even wants more of)?

What is the Republican healthcare reform plan, what Congressman Alan Grayson said, to get sick and die?
If you haven't noticed, the mantra is "repeal and REPLACE," not just get rid of the entire thing and do nothing else.

The majority of the public DOES NOT want Obamacare.

Grayson is hardly a beacon of morality and not someone to quote when trying to make a point, unless you're a borderline liberal terrorist. I voted for the man and then I voted him out. He's a psychopathic one-term Congressman.

It's not "get sick and die." It's "take responsibility for your life choices, stay healthy, and if something happens, pay your own way." There are numerous ways to pay for health care costs, including obtaining insurance, an HSA, saving through your own system and then writing it off your taxes, a credit program (the granting of which would be based on being responsible with your money and maintaining a good credit score), making payment arrangements with doctors/hospitals, etc. Or you could just try to keep yourself healthy, that always works, too, except in cases of accidents (which some can be prevented anyway) and catastrophic illness like idiopathic cancers (not things like lung cancer b/c you smoked for 40 years).

This is how it's supposed to work, why is that so hard to see? People need to start taking some dang responsibility for their behavior and paying for the things they want in life, healthcare included.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:09 AM

1,700 posts, read 3,424,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Ok - you got us.....you finally got us. No need hiding it anymore, my fellow Republicans, they are finally on to us. Good on you.

The truth is my Republican friends and I sit around every day just hoping poor people will die. (We believe only corporation's should have access to bankruptcy courts.) We also hate children and old people.

At mid-night, we secretly meetup to harvest organs from street people so we can sell them on the black-market. We have socks made out of puppy fur, and want to outlaw rainbows. We don't eat deviled eggs because we think they're sacrilegious, and we have to pistol-whip homeless people to get an erection.

It's really a relief too have been caught after all these years. I'm surprised it took so long for the liberals to figure us out.
Wait my socks are baby seal fur, did we change? How come nobody told me??

Old 11-11-2010, 11:16 AM

5,984 posts, read 13,414,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post

It's not "get sick and die." It's "take responsibility for your life choices, stay healthy, and if something happens, pay your own way." There are numerous ways to pay for health care costs, including obtaining insurance, an HSA, saving through your own system and then writing it off your taxes, a credit program (the granting of which would be based on being responsible with your money and maintaining a good credit score), making payment arrangements with doctors/hospitals, etc. Or you could just try to keep yourself healthy, that always works, too, except in cases of accidents (which some can be prevented anyway) and catastrophic illness like idiopathic cancers (not things like lung cancer b/c you smoked for 40 years).

This is how it's supposed to work, why is that so hard to see? People need to start taking some dang responsibility for their behavior and paying for the things they want in life, healthcare included.
So basically, it's "don't get sick until you've been employed for several years and have built up a large savings (or have rich parents or a rich spouse)." If you happen to get sick after graduating from college, after a lengthy period of unemployment, while you don't yet have a lengthy credit history, after a divorce or other financially-draining life situation: FORGET YOU!!!! DIE!!!!

I'm sorry Andrea, but your scenario would only work in a perfect world. No one plans on getting sick, or losing their job, or graduating from college and not finding a job. You can't plan for every life situation. Sometimes "stuff just happens." People get sick. You can't realistically say that people "just don't get sick." You really want a healthcare system based on luck? Those that are lucky survive, while those that are unlucky die? That sounds like Social Darwinism to me. "Survival of the fittest." Naziism at it's finest.

I support Obamacare (actually single-payer healthcare, but this bill is the best we have). Not to support lazy welfare queens, but to help those who are genuinely in need and a victim of their circumstances.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:17 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
In keeping with the insipid question in the OP, I say let the poor die then we can turn them into soup and feed the poor.

good grief.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:18 AM

1,700 posts, read 3,424,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
In keeping with the insipid question in the OP, I say let the poor die then we can turn them into soup and feed the poor.

good grief.
Then what will the Repubs eat? I do love me some homeless chowder!

Old 11-11-2010, 11:22 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc99 View Post
we are on a diet until 2012.

then once we gain control of the senate and the presidency we plan on passing a law that allows for a hunting season for liberals.

we plan on being fat by 2013

Old 11-11-2010, 11:24 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Quote:
What is the GOP going to do, just destroy Healthcare Reform Act, and that's it?

GOP wants to spend taxpayers money on endless efforts at repeal against Healthcare Reform Act (law which the majority of the public wants, and even wants more of)?

What is the Republican healthcare reform plan, what Congressman Alan Grayson said, to get sick and die?
Where is healthcare outlined in the bill of rights?

Old 11-11-2010, 11:34 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc99 View Post
Turnabout is fair play. Barack "Marie Antionnette" Obama, when told that the poor were hungry, said "Then let them eat the rich."

Wait, not really. But that is the effect of his massive welfare program known as Obamacare.

I do understand that a lot of people will get to be on welfare for the first time because of reform, and they are arguing very loudly to keep it.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:36 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times
In the interest of full disclosure:

Quote:
my child and father are recipients of Medicaid/Medicare. I am friends with plenty of Florida families with disabled children as well
The OP wants a single-payer system or a "public option" because she stands to get MUCH more out of it than she puts into it. She is heavily biased in favor of these plans because she stands to benefit GREATLY from them. She wants YOU to pay for the care of her child.

While I respect that a parent is willing to do anything for their child, including compromise their principles, integrity or pride, parenthood is neither an excuse nor justification for expecting others to bear their financial burdens.

Carry on.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:40 AM

565 posts, read 485,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
In the interest of full disclosure:
She wants YOU to pay for the care of her child.

While I respect that a parent is willing to do anything for their child, including compromise their principles, integrity or pride, parenthood is neither an excuse nor justification for expecting others to bear their financial burdens.
And this is 21st Century America. Hard to believe but true.

Last edited by henrjam; 11-11-2010 at 11:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies