Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2010, 10:46 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,018,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Um no, rewind. Go back and read my post slowly. See what the source of the quote is that you're saying comes from me "(and MediaMatters)".

Unless you did know, and are just trying to... mislead?

Not your fault, you're taught that it's okay by the pros.
Now this is going to be difficult for you..because you're going to have to think it through without the help of MM. But try real, real hard.

1. Reporters caught on tape with garbled discussions, talking about Miller campaign workers/child molesters.

2. Station manager at first blink denies any wrongdoing by reporters.

3. Station manager hears full tape..fires reporters. Dialogue 'went downhill', 'not in line with station standards'.

Now think really, really hard...did they get fired for talking about how they WOULD handle it if, just if there happened to be molesters in the campaign that they just happened to find out about?

Again, so sorry that MM can't help you out with this one. See, they never did get around to posting the rest of the story. Just the fun, initial headlines that have their sheeple lining up to savor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 10:47 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,595,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Please. I'm not going to spoon feed you.

It's quite clear what quote I'm referring to in my post.

Read the transcript from 60 Minutes. It's in this thread.
I am supposed to fish for a quote to back-up your argument , when you won't do the legwork for yourself? No quote, no facts.

The facts back up that Beck is defaming a man who has "no sense of guilt" as a minor in a Holocaust that he was a victim of himself, period.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:52 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,192,463 times
Nobody will change the minds of these mindless Gleeple, it's a futile effort....

Old 11-13-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Nobody will change the minds of these mindless Gleeple, it's a futile effort....
The good thing that comes out of this is> MSM is all over it today.
Finally, I hope they investigate FOX's yellow journalism out of existence.

Glenn Beck's 'expose' on George Soros generates much controversy, little fact
http://www.examiner.com/political-bu...ry-little-fact

Old 11-13-2010, 11:03 AM

17,402 posts, read 14,631,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
I am supposed to fish for a quote to back-up your argument , when you won't do the legwork for yourself? No quote, no facts.

The facts back up that Beck is defaming a man who has "no sense of guilt" as a minor in a Holocaust that he was a victim of himself, period.
LOL! You're too funny. You need to read what I posted and, if it still doesn't make sense, read the entire transcript from the 60 Minutes interview again - the link to it is in this thread.

Here's a good quote for you: "reading comprehension".

Old 11-13-2010, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
LOL! You're too funny. You need to read what I posted and, if it still doesn't make sense, read the entire transcript from the 60 Minutes interview again - the link to it is in this thread.

Here's a good quote for you: "reading comprehension".
ad hominem personal attack does not a quote make

Old 11-13-2010, 11:05 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
The good thing that comes out of this is> MSM is all over it today.
Finally, I hope they investigate FOX's yellow journalism out of existence.
Enen using the name Fox and the word journalism in the same sentence is bizarre.

I was listening to a program and they were discussing how TV news programs were non profit way back when. Now the corporate media has determined that "news" needs to turn a profit, therefore, real news has been substituted with sensationalism, gossip and tripe to please the dumbed down and confused populace. They need someone or something to direct their anger to and hence, a jerk like Beck appears on the scene to feed into their misplaced anger while he and others of his ilk rake in the money for themselves and the likes of Rupert "Prune Face" Murdoch.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:05 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
Now this is going to be difficult for you..because you're going to have to think it through without the help of MM. But try real, real hard.

1. Reporters caught on tape with garbled discussions, talking about Miller campaign workers/child molesters.

2. Station manager at first blink denies any wrongdoing by reporters.

3. Station manager hears full tape..fires reporters. Dialogue 'went downhill', 'not in line with station standards'.

Now think really, really hard...did they get fired for talking about how they WOULD handle it if, just if there happened to be molesters in the campaign that they just happened to find out about?

Again, so sorry that MM can't help you out with this one. See, they never did get around to posting the rest of the story. Just the fun, initial headlines that have their sheeple lining up to savor.
Sigh. Did you just not read the official statement, or did you just not want it to mean what it meant?

I guess you're not very familiar with official statements. They're carefully crafted. If the GM had believed, as you so dearly wish were true, that "Palin and Fox were right," or even that the reporters had done what you, Palin and Fox were saying (though it looks as if only you believe it), he would have distanced the station from the evil reporters by saying that the station's study of the tapes indicated the reporters may indeed have been up to nefarious tricks. Instead, he said the exact opposite.

1. "While the recording is real, the allegations are untrue...."

2. "The group of KTVA news personnel was reviewing potential 'what-if' scenarios"

3. "to allege that our staff was discussing or planning to create or fabricate stories regarding candidate Miller is absurd."

4. "The complete conversation was about what others might be able to do to cause disruption within the Miller campaign, not what KTVA could do."

oops, forgot. 5. "The Miller campaign's analysis of the recording is incorrect in many material ways ranging from personnel involved in the conversation, the interpretation of conversation snippets and the reported transcript of the perceived garbled conversation."

I kind of love that this guy fired the reporters anyway, even though he said several times in several ways in the official statement that they were NOT doing as the Miller campaign alleged. Above everything else he doesn't want any stain on the integrity of his station, even a perceived one by the kind of folks who he knows represent the dumber side of human nature.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:07 AM

17,402 posts, read 14,631,586 times
Quote:
ad hominem personal attack does not a quote make
It wasn't an attack - it really is called "reading comprehension". You have to read the entire transcript to understand.

CD doesn't allow you to post the entire thing ... so you have to go back in this thread, find the link to the 60 Minutes interview and read it.

That's only IF the post to you about how Soros did in fact confiscate from the Jews, doesn't make sense.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:08 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,192,463 times
Quote:
<snip>Glenn Beck's 'expose' on George Soros generates much controversy, little fact
Glenn Beck's 'expose' on George Soros generates much controversy, little fact - National Political Buzz | Examiner.com
From the article:

Quote:
Media Matters, themselves partially funded by Soros, did release a very lengthy fact check
complete with links to non-partisan sources. The report details how Beck often clips or
distorts Soros words to infer a meaning which, in reality, was never there.
In addition,
Beck often exagerates the reach of Soros to make him appear more powerful that he really is.
In reality Soros, like any billionaire, does have a lot of power and influence, but nowhere near
the kind of power and influence Beck claims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies