Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2010, 10:17 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,088,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Maybe because that's what the word Uncle Tom means? I'm about to burst at the seams from laughing... you'd NEVER generalize that all blacks live in the ghetto but you'll stereotype that all blacks are FROM the ghetto. And yes, they do. What world do YOU live in? Obviously you believe that mainstream American can't possibly be at fault here.
You, like so many others on other threads, are taking things out of context, mincing words and just outright lying, and I'm no longer going to justify these comments with a response. I did not generalize that all blacks are from the ghetto. How is mainstream American at fault for the choices of poor black people who do live in the ghetto? That actually is not what Uncle Tom means, it means a black person who acts subservient to white people. How does Morgan Freeman act subservient?

Uncle Tom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-12-2010, 10:18 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,088,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Who is "They"?
He's likely talking about ghetto blacks and the other blacks who defend them.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:34 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,878,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djackson74 View Post
Lot's of people say "just do you" but I will never become a "sellout" (abandoning your culture 4 money) which is basically what has to be done for a black man to enter "White America" succesfully.
Well thank you for representing the ghetto thug mentality that is responsible for keeping unsuccessful blacks down.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:44 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,280,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkDrinker View Post
that's a single case... but trust me ...most immigrants didn't got anything! and a lot of them came in the US with nothing or in the best cases with 5-10$. And they didn't had nobody here and no associations and NGOs to scream for benefits!
But immigrants were not denied to the right to vote. Immigrants were not systematically lyniched, or denied access to loans based on ethnic background. This is not to say that immigrant groups were not discriminated against. But the fact they were given access to the ballot box is critical in their economic development. They could elect politicians that had a vested interest in helping them advance economically. This included politicians helping immigrants getting civil service jobs (i.e. police officers, firemen, sanitation workers, transit workers etc.) and government countracts for businesses at the same time they were using political patronage to get these jobs they were denying Black Americans access to these jobs. If you look across the history of major cities especially on the East Coast and the Midwest political patronage i.e. jobs or business opportunities for votes was an accepted practice in from the mid 19th century to the mid 20th century.

Also labor unions the early history of organized labor specifically do NOT allow Black Americans to join these unions. Union members is another thing that help immigrant progress economically.

So it's not necessarily a matter of giving something its about denying people opportunities to advance economically.

Old 11-12-2010, 11:11 AM

1,372 posts, read 1,545,632 times
Quote:
You act like NO Black Amerians have served in the armed forces and then continued on to use the G.I Bill to go to college.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
I saw many minorities go far in the Army. The rank attained is only limited by an individual's ambition and drive. Many blacks did better than I did. Also, my MOS kept me in medical/supply regiments which are heavily minority orientated. If anything I experienced more black on white discrimination than anything else.

Besides, the logic that hard work equals success is unassailable try as you might. "White Privilege" is a ridiculous excuse or argument in this day and age. I see three different doctors on a regular basis and two of them are black. The president is black. The DA of my hometown (Dallas, TX) is black. Get over it already.
How would you like your crow served? With or without humility?

Old 11-12-2010, 12:06 PM

25,024 posts, read 27,852,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
If you're going to start cursing, I may just start flagging your posts. How about that? How about some respect? If not, then please leave this thread. This is an intelligent discussion, not a name-calling contest.
Don't worry. I already flagged his post when I finished reading it. He's getting angry because he's losing arguments. All his arguments are based on emotions, not logic. He's getting angry because you got him cornered with reason. But like I said, I already took the liberty of flagging his post for degenerating into name-calling and having poor etiquette.

Old 11-12-2010, 12:23 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,545,632 times
Quote:
The does NOT justify its acceptance in society.

Also not all people are racist. People more often than not are TAUGHT TO BE RACIST BY THEIR PARENTS, PEERS, AND COMMUNITY.

I know plenty of people off all racial backgrounds that are not racist. More often than not they've been around of variety of people in their lives across all sorts of racial and social backgrounds and they've learned to treat people as INDIVIDUALS AND NOT STEREOTYPES. They've also taken the time to understands other people's history and culture.
You're guilty of more stereotyping than anybody else here. You've been stereotyping white people all the way through this thread like a first class hypocrite.

Old 11-12-2010, 12:26 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,878,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
You're guilty of more stereotyping than anybody else here. You've been stereotyping white people all the way through this thread like a first class hypocrite.
Bingo! I thought the same thing -- I mean, how galling!

Old 11-12-2010, 12:26 PM

624 posts, read 1,118,886 times
Quote:
But immigrants were not denied to the right to vote. Immigrants were not systematically lyniched, or denied access to loans based on ethnic background. This is not to say that immigrant groups were not discriminated against. But the fact they were given access to the ballot box is critical in their economic development. They could elect politicians that had a vested interest in helping them advance economically. This included politicians helping immigrants getting civil service jobs (i.e. police officers, firemen, sanitation workers, transit workers etc.) and government countracts for businesses at the same time they were using political patronage to get these jobs they were denying Black Americans access to these jobs. If you look across the history of major cities especially on the East Coast and the Midwest political patronage i.e. jobs or business opportunities for votes was an accepted practice in from the mid 19th century to the mid 20th century.

Also labor unions the early history of organized labor specifically do NOT allow Black Americans to join these unions. Union members is another thing that help immigrant progress economically.

So it's not necessarily a matter of giving something its about denying people opportunities to advance economically.
Are you sure? In what country do you live? Certainly not in the US!

Old 11-12-2010, 12:30 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,298,401 times
The all powerfull people who control the main stream media have decided who is racist and who isn't. It has nothing to do with objective reality. For instance if one were to state that the slave traders that brought Africans to the Americas were jews it would be politically incorrect and condemed as a racist statement even though it is true. But there is no problem with saying white slave traders, which isn't true because the slave trade business was jewish through and through. That goes for all issues. Jews have been notorious landlords of black ghetto property but say that in public and watch the instant flak.

Also it should be known that amongst the whites religion and race have been intertwined throughout thousands of years of history. Race is religion to a great extent. Now say that is a cultural thing, which it is, and watch the real racists ***** and whine.

Last edited by Angorlee; 11-12-2010 at 12:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies