Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2010, 08:12 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,994,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Again, continue to avoid admitting that you cannot find a single instance of whites suffering institutionalized racism in the United States of America. You're giving me plenty of laughs while doing it.

I stay here because for better or worse, I'm an American. No more or less than you are. You might have a hard time stomaching that, but I could care less.
You could care less? How much less could you care?
Regardless, chatting with you is like chatting with Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson. Always an excuse. Always a red herring. Always a straw man.
People like J.C. Watts would likely tell you to get over victimhood and move on with a life.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:12 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
I'm not dismissing ****. This topic is about racism. Point to one instance of whites suffering institutionalized racism. I'm an advocate of women's rights and am fully aware that women are currently some of the most discriminated against people in the country. That does not change the fact that white women did not suffer the effects of institutionalized racism.
White women, and all women, have suffered institutional sexism, which is no different than racism as far as I'm concerned, since it's ultimately based on discrimination due to physiology, since the beginning of history. My grandmother could not purchase her own home with her own money back in the day and the particulars of the discrimination makes no difference.

At best and worst it's simply a fly in the ointment in these conversations.

Quote:
And he didn't know he was working with the CIA until they set him up and gave him a rigged trial.
Why does that even matter in the grand scheme of things if the goal was to addict people? I figure on his end it was to addict people for financial gain. I can't figure the gain for the CIA to addict people, which only makes folk useless and a drain on society. Maybe that will be covered in a later vid.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:15 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,759,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
White women, and all women, have suffered institutional sexism, which is no different than racism as far as I'm concerned, since it's ultimately based on discrimination due to physiology, since the beginning of history. My grandmother could not purchase her own home with her own money back in the day and the particulars of the discrimination makes no difference.

At best and worst it's simply a fly in the ointment in these conversations.

Why does that even matter in the grand scheme of things if the goal was to addict people? I figure on his end it was to addict people for financial gain. I can't figure the gain for the CIA to addict people, which only makes folk useless and a drain on society. Maybe that will be covered in a later vid.

Because they had money to make. The profit they made off of selling cocaine went directly to their Contra funds. They knew exactly what they were doing.

And obviously I'm not belittling the effect of sexism. My question then, is where does your argument fit into the lives of black women?

Old 11-13-2010, 08:19 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,549,103 times
Quote:
Again, continue to avoid admitting that you cannot find a single instance of whites suffering institutionalized racism in the United States of America. You're giving me plenty of laughs while doing it.

I stay here because for better or worse, I'm an American. No more or less than you are. You might have a hard time stomaching that, but I could care less.
I'll give you your example. During World War II German Americans were heavily discriminated against and were even rounded up and put in camps just like the Japanese.

There. Move on to your next trick.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
You could care less? How much less could you care?
Regardless, chatting with you is like chatting with Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson. Always an excuse. Always a red herring. Always a straw man.
People like J.C. Watts would likely tell you to get over victimhood and move on with a life.

Actually no, he probably wouldn't. How much do you know about J.C. Watts anyway? Here's what I turned up from a google search:

"Watts was born in Eufaula in McIntosh County, Oklahoma[3] to J. C. "Buddy" Watts, Sr. and Helen Watts (d. 1992).[4] His father was a Baptist minister, cattle trader,[5] the first black police officer in Eufaula,[6] and a member of the Eufaula City Council.[7] His mother was a homemaker.[8] Watts is the fifth of six children and grew up in a poor rural African American neighborhood.[9] He was one of two black children who integrated the Jefferson Davis Elementary School in Eufaula and the first black quarterback at Eufaula High School.[6] In high school, Watts fathered a daughter with a white female, causing a scandal.[10] Their families decided against an interracial marriage because of contemporary racial attitudes and Watts' family took care of the child until she could be adopted by Watts' uncle, Wade Watts, a Baptist minister, civil rights leader and head of the Oklahoma division of the NAACP.[10] Watts married Frankie Jones, an African-American with whom he had a second daughter during high school, in 1977.[8][10] He graduated in 1976 and attended the University of Oklahoma on a football scholarship.[3][11]"

Hmm... doesn't seem like a great example on your part.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
I'll give you your example. During World War II German Americans were heavily discriminated against and were even rounded up and put in camps just like the Japanese.

There. Move on to your next trick.
Hmm... aside from the fact that I already specified that I mean racism that impacts white people as a whole (since when were Germans a race?), I seem to remember Germans being our enemy in WWII. When were all black people our enemy again?

Old 11-13-2010, 08:23 PM

32 posts, read 43,432 times
Quote:
Talk about eurocentric. Different culture does not = inferior culture... wow. Are we still at this stage?
Well hell what model are we using now? Certain cultures were advanced in the things that we come to associate with clean comfortable living ( technology, health,law). Better is debatable, but more advanced is not.

Quote:
ROFL at acting like history text books aren't written in this country from a purely eurocentric perspective. Schools across the country spend entire curriculums learning about Romans and Greeks and the Spanish colonization of America and the European scramble for Africa and you somehow believe that Eurocentrism isn't at the center of our education and culture? Can you even name a single Egyptian Pharoah without googling it? Because I knew who Julius Caesar was before I knew what Jim Crow was.
yes that is true and natural for America (a nation founded by Europeans). My father learned of Assyrian, Babylonian, Persian etc history growing up in Lebanon. But these curriculums are not pro white in any way, they just present the facts and in some cases teach of white atrocities towards others. I do wish American curriculum had a wider variety of history, although in some high schools they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
What I find ironic is that White Americans ask for their past positive contributions be taken to account but in many cases they are perfectly comfortable ignoring or denigrating the past contributions of non-White Americans.
the issue here is that it';s not right to focus one only the negative things done in the past, and discount the positive.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:25 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Because they had money to make. The profit they made off of selling cocaine went directly to their Contra funds. They knew exactly what they were doing.
I just finished the first vid and have a ways to go, but what people with Contra funds? Is this just about money? If so, race is irrelevant and it points to targeting the impoverished. If it's about a specific race, then I'm confused as to why.

Quote:
And obviously I'm not belittling the effect of sexism. My question then, is where does your argument fit into the lives of black women?
Well, black women have gotten the ultimate shaft of any humans on the planet as far as I'm concerned. Most importantly, they have been shafted by their men. But as women will do, they're making great strides and it's quite impressive. For poor black women nothing is more important than BC, imo.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:26 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
I like French cognac, German beer, Italian pasta...

Old 11-13-2010, 08:40 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Quote:
And now you get indignant because you somehow think that you're being victimized by THE VICTIM?! You want to talk about not knowing what its like to be white? You'll never know the kind of **** my folks and I had to put up with solely because of ignorant racist white people. You should be THANKFUL you never will. Instead you go on this whole diatribe about how "blah blah blah stop being a victim blah blah blah". You don't have a single ****ing clue what I've had to go through to get to this point... stop pretending like you even have an inkling.
YOU'RE NOT A VICTIM! And now I am going to flag your posts b/c you have begun cursing again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies