Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2010, 11:20 PM

785 posts, read 618,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Obviously the way you put it:

"Lastly, yes, you could be in danger in a racist white town, just as I am in Bed-Stuy, or the South Bronx, or Harlem, or Newark, or...take your pick."

was designed to convey that there are more dangerous black neighborhoods than there are racist white towns.

And who said white people don't? Your assertion that whites are in more danger than blacks in poor black neighborhoods is completely baseless and is based on your own prejudices as opposed to reality. You ASSUME that you're putting yourself in danger by going to a poor black neighborhood because of racism which you obviously won't put a statistic on because it would prove your assertion wrong. The reality is that white people more often than not don't get touched in the hood because they're seen as potential customers. Who is it that's actually buying the cocaine again?

And Harlem is dangerous for anybody, ESPECIALLY BLACK PEOPLE. You have no proof to stand on because you have none.
Proof? This is interracial homicides. The original source was the DOJ, but the link is down. This is a screen shot of it. Look further, you will find these trends are true:

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/8...ckonwhitey.jpg

Furthermore, when was the last time you were white? How do you know what its like being white in a black neighborhood?

Old 11-13-2010, 11:20 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,946,377 times
Our reign as the dominant species is probably fairly short lived with the advances in dna engineering..........................So all of you racist people enjoy it while it last....We soon will all be looked upon as chimps by the dominant species we create..............

Old 11-13-2010, 11:23 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,707,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
waah hahahahah!

You are serious? FIrst, I was looking for the stats, but got sidetracked. I did find something which I will post. Second, this is laughable:

"Lastly, yes, you could be in danger in a racist white town, just as I am in Bed-Stuy, or the South Bronx, or Harlem, or Newark, or...take your pick."

is designed to say the hatred is the same, and there are dangers for both whites and blacks. For you to get this:

was designed to convey that there are more dangerous black neighborhoods than there are racist white towns.

...out of that is just reaching on your part. I listed dangerous black areas, it doesn't even comment as to the number of dangerous white areas. If so, please point out how. We will be here a long time waiting. Try and not put words in someone's mouth, that wont work with me.

Sigh...I was actually starting to respect you, but you blew it:

YOU:
And who said white people don't? Your assertion that whites are in more danger than blacks in poor black neighborhoods is completely baseless and is based on your own prejudices as opposed to reality. You ASSUME that you're putting yourself in danger by going to a poor black neighborhood

ME:
Not, its a fact. The simple fact is that interracial crime is far higher BLACKS ON WHITES than the reverse. The designation of a hate crime is determined politically, by DA;s. Those same DA's dont dare go against the very biased DOJ (New Black Panther case any one?). Pure interracial black on white is far more numerous than the reverse, and isn't called a hate crime usually, to avoid the ethnic special interest groups/leaders. What, you thought we didn't know this?

because of racism which you obviously won't put a statistic on because it would prove your assertion wrong. The reality is that white people more often than not don't get touched in the hood because they're seen as potential customers. Who is it that's actually buying the cocaine again?

YOU:
Actually, in black nabes, its not usually whites buying it openly, they set up pick up points. Second, your own statement denigrates Blacks. The OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of Blacks do NOT have anything to do with the drug trade, even in the worst black areas. So, for them to leave whites alone as potential customres doesn't wash. In short, they dont stand to gain by those whites coming into their areas. To whit, there is more backlash against whites for their presumed purchase of drugs. Proof? See your OWN POST. You just stereotyped your own people. Wow.

The truth is, there is simply a higher percentage of racist blacks than racist whites in the modern age. I know you dont want to admit it, but its true.

YOU:
And Harlem is dangerous for anybody, ESPECIALLY BLACK PEOPLE. You have no proof to stand on because you have none.

ME:
Yes, Harlem is dangerous for everyone, but for the simple act of walking through the neighborhood, far more dangerous for me than you. Your use of the stat of black males being shot 15 times more than whites is true. what kills your argument is that those same victims are ALREADY INVOLVED IN ILLICIT ACTIVITIES. Remember your own post about gangs in Oakland? That if you aren't involved, youre mostly cool? Yeah, that one. It applies here too. Comparing apples to apples, I am more in danger in a downtrodden black area than you in the converse.

If you're not talking about poor black neighborhoods WITH CRIME when you say that whites are in danger by walking through them, then you are a closet racist. All the examples you brought up - Harlem, Bed Stuy, Newark - are all extremely high crime poor largely black neighborhoods. If you feel afraid walking through a black neighborhood that doesn't have high crime, you are a sad and confused individual.

And of the victims that aren't involved in illegal activities in the above neighborhoods, how many of them are white? almost none of them. How many of them are black? Almost all of them. You have no data and no argument to stand on. You are purely making things up as you go along. I already lost my respect for you 3 pages ago.

Point out all the huge amount of black on white crime that's going on right now... specifically point out how its much larger than non-illegal black on black crime. Please, point out this fact. Point out where this fact came from. Please say it didn't come out of your posterior.

My statement does not denigrate blacks. It actually denigrates the white people who don't live or work in the poor crime infested neighborhoods and come to buy drugs, which 99% of the time is the case. Why was there a sentencing disparity between crack cocaine and pure cocaine up until very recently? Because poor people buy crack and rich people - generally rich white people - buy cocaine.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:23 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,546,185 times
After 416 posts I finally see the light. It came like a bolt from the blue; divine intervention.

Here it is: Black people never do anything wrong. They've never brought anything on themselves by virtue of their own bad decisions and behaviors. It really is whitey. He's just too damn evil and cunning. How could I have been so wrong all this time?

Goodbye everybody. I'm off to become a monk and repent of my evil ways. Hopefully one day God will forgive me.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Proof? This is interracial homicides. The original source was the DOJ, but the link is down. This is a screen shot of it. Look further, you will find these trends are true:

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/8...ckonwhitey.jpg

Furthermore, when was the last time you were white? How do you know what its like being white in a black neighborhood?

Maybe because the wealthy white people I know go into the hood for exactly that reason (buying drugs)?

Old 11-13-2010, 11:26 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,946,377 times
Know where the word Honky comes from?

When black people were still the common laborers of the early 20th century the field hand trucks would pull up into the black area of town. The drivers of the trucks would lay down on the horns. The black people would say the honkies are here the honkies are here........................

Old 11-13-2010, 11:27 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,191,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Not a big fan of sarcasm I see.
Okay, if it was sarcasm then I admit it, I fell for it. Although in my defense, it was a pretty believable opinion compared to those expressed by some on this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
After 416 posts I finally see the light. It came like a bolt from the blue; divine intervention.

Here it is: Black people never do anything wrong. They've never brought anything on themselves by virtue of their own bad decisions and behaviors. It really is whitey. He's just too damn evil and cunning. How could I have been so wrong all this time?

Goodbye everybody. I'm off to become a monk and repent of my evil ways. Hopefully one day God will forgive me.
Strawman argument is a strawman.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post

Nobody said this. It's you that's been saying that pro-white racism has nothing to do with the state that poor Black America is in today.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:30 PM

Quote:
This:
I'm studying the Roman and Greek empire this year in history... there was no proof of there being racism. There was certainly classism and nationalism but not racism. Plebeians are not a race.

I wasn't commenting on who started racism there, I was commenting on his bizarre remark that before roughly the year 1500, all whites were savages living in the caucaus mountains. Go read the post before commeting, ok?

Oh, I know history VERY well. The truth is he is wrong on the facts and history. Go look it up. I notice again, you avoided particulars taht kill your position. Dont care to comment on the fact that Africans started the Trans-Atlantic slave trade? If I was you, I wouldn't either. It just negates your ability to use the victim card.

Ooops.

Slavery has been around since the world started. Has race slavery been around since the world started? Hell no. Did Europeans start race slavery? Yes.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:32 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,837,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Nobody said this. It's you that's been saying that pro-white racism has nothing to do with the state that poor Black America is in today.
Where is this Black America you speak of? Is it near Oakland CA or more towards the East coast? Are racist white people allowed in Black America?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.