Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2010, 11:35 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,752,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Where is this Black America you speak of? Is it near Oakland CA or more towards the East coast? Are racist white people allowed in Black America?

Black America began in the South and expanded westward and northward in the beginning of the 1900's. White America started the country. Racist white people have lived in Black America the entire time blacks have been in America.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:37 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,949,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Slavery has been around since the world started. Has race slavery been around since the world started? Hell no. Did Europeans start race slavery? Yes.

Actually the Spanish started importing the Africans after the enslaved Native Americans Indians all died in mass droves from European, Asian, and African dieseases such as small pox, cholera, etc.... The Africans were important by the Spanish, but mainly the Dutch out what is now Nigeria and Cameroon, as well as other areas of western coast of Africa. The Gold Coast which was the civilized portion of Africa at time were the main suppliers of the slave from interior Africa. Africans sold Africans to the Dutch in the millions....So the African people themselves are just as guilty as any European. It was just accepted way of things in society at the time. We have machine to do most of our common labor now. With out machines we would inturn need horses and humans to do it all once again...................

Old 11-13-2010, 11:37 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
Quote:
Slavery has been around since the world started. Has race slavery been around since the world started? Hell no. Did Europeans start race slavery? Yes.
Do you care about blacks that sold other blacks into slavery? Of course not. Do you recognize the part that black Africans played in the slave trade that eventually lead to slavery in the United States? Of course not.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:38 PM

785 posts, read 619,191 times
Quote:
If you're not talking about poor black neighborhoods WITH CRIME when you say that whites are in danger by walking through them, then you are a closet racist. All the examples you brought up - Harlem, Bed Stuy, Newark - are all extremely high crime poor largely black neighborhoods. If you feel afraid walking through a black neighborhood that doesn't have high crime, you are a sad and confused individual.

And of the victims that aren't involved in illegal activities in the above neighborhoods, how many of them are white? almost none of them. How many of them are black? Almost all of them. You have no data and no argument to stand on. You are purely making things up as you go along. I already lost my respect for you 3 pages ago.

Point out all the huge amount of black on white crime that's going on right now... specifically point out how its much larger than non-illegal black on black crime. Please, point out this fact. Point out where this fact came from. Please say it didn't come out of your posterior.

My statement does not denigrate blacks. It actually denigrates the white people who don't live or work in the poor crime infested neighborhoods to buy drugs, which 99% of the time is the case. Why was there a sentencing disparity between crack cocaine and pure cocaine up until very recently? Because poor people buy crack and rich people - generally rich white people - buy cocaine.
Wow, you've been reaching for awhile, but you shouold have just admitted you are lost. Away we go!

YOU:
If you're not talking about poor black neighborhoods WITH CRIME when you say that whites are in danger by walking through them, then you are a closet racist. All the examples you brought up - Harlem, Bed Stuy, Newark - are all extremely high crime poor largely black neighborhoods.
ME:
Yes. They are. That's exactly why I used them as examples. Our conversation was in that context, don't you remember? Secondly,this negates your assumption about closet racist.

YOU:
If you feel afraid walking through a black neighborhood that doesn't have high crime, you are a sad and confused individual.
ME:
See above. Wow...that victim card doesn't go easily, does it? However, sadly for you, anyone reading this will see the context of the conversation, and now your repeated attempt at the race card.

YOU:
And of the victims that aren't involved in illegal activities in the above neighborhoods, how many of them are white? almost none of them. How many of them are black? Almost all of them. You have no data and no argument to stand on. You are purely making things up as you go along. I already lost my respect for you 3 pages ago.

ME:
Here you really lose again. Yes, of the victims involved in illicit acitivities in said neigborhoods are black, BUT MOST PEOPLE IN SAID NEIGHBORHOODS ARE NOT INVOLVED IN ILLICIT ACTIVITIES.

That alone proves my point about you. You just denigrated your own people. The black people involved in illicit activities in high crime majority black peoiple do not represent their communities. They represent themselves, and they are the minority. You said before that whites are safe because its assumted they are potential customers. For your positoion to be both logically true, it must be then be true that most blacks in these areas are involved in those activities. Again, they aren't. You just denigrated your own people. Damn. As for data, I assume you posted that after I just posted some data.

YOU:
My statement does not denigrate blacks. It actually denigrates the white people who don't live or work in the poor crime infested neighborhoods to buy drugs, which 99% of the time is the case.
ME:
Can you provide a stat to back this up? It must match your 99% of the time...or you are pulling it out of your, um, posterior. I think you are frustrated.

YOU:
Why was there a sentencing disparity between crack cocaine and pure cocaine up until very recently? Because poor people buy crack and rich people - generally rich white people - buy cocaine.
ME:
I cant honestly answer that, as thats not my area of expertise. To hazard a guess though, by your OWN admission, crack was the most addictive drug of its time. Couple that with societys need to protect itself. Or you can believe the race card. Its up to you.

Dont you hate it when your own words are used against you? I also notice you didn't respond to my posts about the Trans-Atlantic slave trade.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Do you care about blacks that sold other blacks into slavery? Of course not. Do you recognize the part that black Africans played in the slave trade that eventually lead to slavery in the United States? Of course not.

He's trying to block it out. It kills his ability to play the victim and be racist towards whites.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:41 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,752,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
Proof? This is interracial homicides. The original source was the DOJ, but the link is down. This is a screen shot of it. Look further, you will find these trends are true:

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/8...ckonwhitey.jpg

Furthermore, when was the last time you were white? How do you know what its like being white in a black neighborhood?

And besides... your argument rests on the assertion that whites are in more danger of walking through black neighborhoods than blacks are of walking through white neighborhoods. Try thinking about this for a moment. Why would black people purposefully live in or even walk through racist white neighborhoods? Isn't this what they tried to escape? Try finding out if your statistics were the same back in the 1920s... there were more black lynchings a year than there were black on white murders in any of those years mentioned in your source. What kind of idiotic black person would place themselves in a white racist town for any amount of time unless they already live there? Try finding out what the white on black/black on white crime rate is down in small town Mississippi... find out just how meaningless those statistics you posted are.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:45 PM

Hey, Nineties Flava, any answer to this below? I notice, for some odd reason, you didn't respond to this:

"Lastly, yes, you could be in danger in a racist white town, just as I am in Bed-Stuy, or the South Bronx, or Harlem, or Newark, or...take your pick."

is designed to say the hatred is the same, and there are dangers for both whites and blacks. For you to get this:

was designed to convey that there are more dangerous black neighborhoods than there are racist white towns.

...out of that is just reaching on your part. I listed dangerous black areas, it doesn't even comment as to the number of dangerous white areas. If so, please point out how. We will be here a long time waiting. Try and not put words in someone's mouth, that wont work with me.

So....are you going to explain how you got your interpretation that I ever said there were not racist white towns? You left that unexplained. Is that because you tried putting words in my mouth and got called on it?

Just wondering.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:48 PM

Quote:
And besides... your argument rests on the assertion that whites are in more danger of walking through black neighborhoods than blacks are of walking through white neighborhoods. Try thinking about this for a moment. Why would black people purposefully live in or even walk through racist white neighborhoods? Isn't this what they tried to escape? Try finding out if your statistics were the same back in the 1920s... there were more black lynchings a year than there were black on white murders in any of those years mentioned in your source. What kind of idiotic black person would place themselves in a white racist town for any amount of time unless they already live there? Try finding out what the white on black/black on white crime rate is down in small town Mississippi... find out just how meaningless those statistics you posted are.

Odd, now you aren't even trying to argue the point, now you're trying to get me to understand black racism. First, let both you and I know that you are conceding the point to me. Thanks, now you're being sensible and we can talk.

Second, we are talking about the MODERN AGE. I posted that, but you must have missed that (that's me being generous).

To answer your post, because I am that type of guy, OF COURSE THERE WAS MORE WHITE RACISM BACK THEN! Did you hear me deny that? I also never denied where Black racism came from. That doesn't, however, JUSTIFY IT. Does it justify extreme anger? Of course it does. Does it justify racism? Of course it doesn't.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:50 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
Quote:
Black America began in the South and expanded westward and northward in the beginning of the 1900's. White America started the country. Racist white people have lived in Black America the entire time blacks have been in America.
In your opinion are there any non-racist white people in America or are white people racist by default?

Old 11-13-2010, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Maybe because the wealthy white people I know go into the hood for exactly that reason (buying drugs)?
More problems with your response. You do know, don't you, that your experience of wealthy whites going into black neighborhoods doesnt represent the vast majority of whites in black areas. First, I doubt this is even your entire experience, I think you are only looking at those examples, maybe among your (young) peer group, maybe among who you see. Do you realize you just got called on trying to establish a national rule based on your own limited, self-centered world view? Do you know how un-scientific that is?

Simply put, speak for yourself. Also, speak for Oakland, but its only one city. Maybe you haven't traveled yet. There are geographical set up differences across America. Here on the Beast coast, everyone is very close, so you can change racial demo's in 5 minutes, just walking. In Oaktown its different, more car oriented, spread across wider distances. In Chicago its more like NY, it Miami it differs again. Here in NY, I've been the only white guy around,as I've lived in mixed areas, had friends in the blackest areas, worked in dangerous areas, my (non-white) gf is in an area where I am the ONLY white guy around. Not to harp, but you made a really bad judgement when you said that, and it reveals you. Are you still in college? I can tell.

You seriously need to broaden your world view and knowledge base than saying ridiculously stupid things like whites are only in black areas to buy drugs. Its like saying blacks are only in white areas to rob people. For real man, you got burned bad on this, and thats not just my normal bragadaccio. Real talk man (if I may temporarily borrow a pop culture slang for a sec), you need to read some more. Stop hatin too.

I'm off to bed,its late here in the 5 boroughs. YOu should see it sometime, it might surprise you. Whites and Blacks living in harmony. I bet it bothers you, until you open up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies