Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2010, 12:33 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,759,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I live in a city of 100,000 now for the past several years. In majority white middle class suburbs and nope, still no racism from as far as I can see. Then again, this is a very Republican area, maybe that has something to do with it

Lol pulling out the straws because you're running out of steam I see. Now you're insulting my intelligence because you don't seem to get what I'm saying By the way in Uganda and Rwanda, the racism was against different tribes that were not the same as the perpetrators of genocide. So that argument fell flat.

Are you incapable of realizing that the word you're looking for is TRIBALISM, not RACISM? Seriously? I've realized that racism has been stretched now in the political sphere to mean just about anything but wow. I give you a textbook definition of racism and you somehow manage to still think that THE UGANDANS ARE BEING RACIST AGAINST THE RWANDANS WHEN THEY'RE BOTH BLACK. No wonder why you don't seem to get the rest of what I'm telling you... you don't even know what the key idea of the entire discussion means. I'd advise you to leave this discussion alone for now and come back when you understand what racism means and have checked it against another scholarly source (ie a teacher you know).

Old 11-12-2010, 12:34 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Do you have pale skin, light eyes, and light hair?
Do you have white facial features?
Is your last name ethnic?
I'm curious.
Thanks.
No
Yes
What is "ethnic"? My paternal last name is del Río if that is what you mean

Old 11-12-2010, 12:36 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
I completely agree with your point of view. And I'm not black. White privilege is also greatly extended to white women, too. I've been discriminated against by white women a lot more than white men. I'm ethnic. The white bigots see me and a look of horror flashes over their eyes. lol. You know what I'm saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djackson74 View Post
Try to put yourself in a black person's shoes. Ever since you were little you had very little, but white people had nice cars, nice houses, their kids get allowances, their own rooms, and a liscence and a car by the time their 16.. Then you watch Roots or something and see what evil whites have done to blacks. How the h*ll would you feel towards white people! Blacks built this country through their hard work while whites sat in a pretty office. Did they get credit? NO. Equality? NO. Just because laws change mindset that has been passed down the generations are not. That mindset is that whites are "better" than blacks. Because of this, they were never given "equal oppurtunity." A black baby from the "hood" will always have to work ten times harder to get where that white baby from the suburbs will get with little effort. I am far from racist, but it truly, truly, pisses me off when white people act like it doesn't exist anymore and that the messed up history from the past is not directly affecting the world today. YOu cant, as a culture just get over centuries over mistreatment and abuse with a couple of signed pieces of paper (slavery and segregation laws).

Old 11-12-2010, 12:38 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Are you incapable of realizing that the word you're looking for is TRIBALISM, not RACISM? Seriously? I've realized that racism has been stretched now in the political sphere to mean just about anything but wow. I give you a textbook definition of racism and you somehow manage to still think that THE UGANDANS ARE BEING RACIST AGAINST THE RWANDANS WHEN THEY'RE BOTH BLACK. No wonder why you don't seem to get the rest of what I'm telling you... you don't even know what the key idea of the entire discussion means. I'd advise you to leave this discussion alone for now and come back when you understand what racism means and have checked it against another scholarly source (ie a teacher you know).
Ad hominem Don't have any arguments to make against my claims except my preferred usage of words. But thanks for educating me. After all Spanish is my native language and I'm still learning English, despite being fluent nowadays

Old 11-12-2010, 12:39 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,759,786 times
Quote:
Try to put yourself in a black person's shoes. Ever since you were little you had very little, but white people had nice cars, nice houses, their kids get allowances, their own rooms, and a liscence and a car by the time their 16.. Then you watch Roots or something and see what evil whites have done to blacks. How the h*ll would you feel towards white people! Blacks built this country through their hard work while whites sat in a pretty office. Did they get credit? NO. Equality? NO. Just because laws change mindset that has been passed down the generations are not. That mindset is that whites are "better" than blacks. Because of this, they were never given "equal oppurtunity." A black baby from the "hood" will always have to work ten times harder to get where that white baby from the suburbs will get with little effort. I am far from racist, but it truly, truly, pisses me off when white people act like it doesn't exist anymore and that the messed up history from the past is not directly affecting the world today. YOu cant, as a culture just get over centuries over mistreatment and abuse with a couple of signed pieces of paper (slavery and segregation laws).

Not that I don't agree with the general point here, but being black at this point doesn't have any sort of mutual exclusivity with being poor. Some people on this board *ahem* might want to believe that, but it doesn't. While obviously you didn't intend to, you're only reinforcing what some of these people already believe to be true.

Old 11-12-2010, 12:40 AM

93,326 posts, read 123,972,828 times
They are? Tell Sharpton and Jackson that....lol

Old 11-12-2010, 12:42 AM

624 posts, read 1,121,515 times
Quote:
Oh... please shut up... there are more whites in poverty than blacks.
The blacks build the US? What? You're a stand-up comedian?
You watch too many movies...

Old 11-12-2010, 12:43 AM

That's right. Because Sharpton's and Jackson's ancestors were slave owners and they forced white people into doing subservient tasks. White people had to get up and go to the back of the bus for Sharpton and Jackson. Oh wait. No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
They are? Tell Sharpton and Jackson that....lol

Old 11-12-2010, 12:45 AM

Blacks did a lot of slave labor for decades. Next time your boss throws a hissy fit and refuses to give you a raise think of the blacks who did slave labor in terrible conditions for decades upon decades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkDrinker View Post
Oh... please shut up... there are more whites in poverty than blacks.
The blacks build the US? What? You're a stand-up comedian?
You watch too many movies...

Old 11-12-2010, 12:46 AM

1,372 posts, read 1,549,103 times
Quote:
Typical liberal BS. I'm white and grew up in poverty, but escaped it through hard work. Anybody of any race of ethnicity can do the same -especially in America. If you can't make it here, you can't make it anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies