Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 06:12 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Much ado about nothing.

Ron Paul won't change policy. He'll criticize the hell of out Fed policy and that's about it. The more I listen to Ron Paul the more I realize he doesn't understand a damn thing about international finance of the global capital markets. He basically has 19th ideas for a 21st century world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 07:11 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Much ado about nothing.

Ron Paul won't change policy. He'll criticize the hell of out Fed policy and that's about it. The more I listen to Ron Paul the more I realize he doesn't understand a damn thing about international finance of the global capital markets. He basically has 19th ideas for a 21st century world.
You are waaaaay off base on this one jazzy. Doesn't understand global markets? Who do you think predicted the downfall of our economy and the ensuing downfall of other countries economy? This is a talking head point with nonsensical gibberish and nothing to back it up.

Since when is living within your means a 19th century concept? That concept is a lot older than that and is an excellent foundation to build on. Yet you criticize it.

Keep listening and relying on the losers and crooks who continue to back the failed policies that put our economy in the toilet and you'll get more of the same.

I can think of few politicians who explain their policies whereby the common person can understand them AND are as consistently correct on the outcome as Ron Paul. It baffles me when someone misrepresents something about him that isn't true. Is the agenda that blinded?

Old 11-13-2010, 07:18 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You are waaaaay off base on this one jazzy. Doesn't understand global markets? Who do you think predicted the downfall of our economy and the ensuing downfall of other countries economy? This is a talking head point with nonsensical gibberish and nothing to back it up.

Since when is living within your means a 19th century concept? That concept is a lot older than that and is an excellent foundation to build on. Yet you criticize it.

Keep listening and relying on the losers and crooks who continue to back the failed policies that put our economy in the toilet and you'll get more of the same.

I can think of few politicians who explain their policies whereby the common person can understand them AND are as consistently correct on the outcome as Ron Paul. It baffles me when someone misrepresents something about him that isn't true. Is the agenda that blinded?
The fact that his policies appeal the "The common person" shows how dumb down they are.

They won't work in a modern global economy.

The overwhelming majority of Americans are dumb as box of rocks when it comes to economics and finance. It's easy for a "Good Ole Boy" with some folksy colloquiums to appeal to people. After all politicians like Sarah Palin, Christine O'Donnell, and Sharron Angle have become popular with many Americans because THEY APPEAL TO THEIR IGNORANCE.

Old 11-13-2010, 07:38 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
The fact that his policies appeal the "The common person" shows how dumb down they are.
wtf because he explains his policies so the common man can understand it is a bad thing????
Yea lets keep relying on all the "smart" conmen who continue to set policies to help their buddies and in turn bring the economy to its knees. We need more bs artists like Bernake I guess.

Which economic policies of his are dumb?

Quote:
They won't work in a modern global economy.
which policies?
and why?

Quote:
The overwhelming majority of Americans are dumb as box of rocks when it comes to economics and finance.
Congress is worse. They put policies in place that make it harder, not easier for our long term success. Look at their past record.

Quote:
It's easy for a "Good Ole Boy" with some folksy colloquiums to appeal to people. After all politicians like Sarah Palin, Christine O'Donnell, and Sharron Angle have become popular with many Americans because THEY APPEAL TO THEIR IGNORANCE.
Speaking of ignorance, keep voting in the same ones who, unlike Ron Paul did not see the economic downfall of our country coming. You didn't say anything of substance in this entire post, jazzy. Economics isn't hard.

from July 2002
The Free Market Enhancement Act

Ron Paul on the Housing Bubble – July 2002 | Ron Paul .com

It's like I'm in a bad dream where almost everyone is telling me to bet on the Cubs instead of the Yankees based on their past record.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:42 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Much ado about nothing.

too bad you dont understand that the US federal reserve is about the United States monetary system and not other countries money.

I think RP is spot on with his view of the fed and that it should be shut down and have its doors closed. there is no need to have a private bank being in charge of US currency.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:30 AM

4,152 posts, read 4,170,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
I don't think it will going to change anything. If you have watch any of these meeting, it is disgusting. Uncle Ben NEVER answer any question. When ask about 1, he is talking about A. Not only that, the questioner has a limited of time, like 5 minutes to express himself and ask questions. Rather you will get an answer is another thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies