Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 11:25 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Since when is flying the American flag equated with racism?

What the hell kind of crap are they trying to pull?
I don't know, but the mentally PC ill in England did the same thin when a cop pulled an Englishman over and fined him for harming racial harmony by displaying the English flag (note: it's not the Union Jack) in his car. Liberalism is a mental disorder, as Michael Savage puts it. This is all part of molding us into thinking we are "global citizens" and not Americans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The school has the right to ban flags but they have to ban all flags which is probably why they ban the American flag. If children are allowed to wear the American flag then the school must also allow the Mexican flag, the Iran flag, the Israel flag, the Jamaican flag and all sorts of flags. It is really best just to say no flags.
Can they really ban the American flag it's displayed in every classroom anyway isn't it? Well, I don't mind if it's not displayed in the classrooms. I think the state flag should be the only flag displayed on school property, and on all non-federal property
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

45,226 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Had the Principal not done what he did and a fight had broken out, would you support his position then? Especially if a kid got hurt or killed? Would you rush to his defense for having NOT taken action as rapidly as you're joining the rush to hang him?
How far have we fallen that you have to use the hypothetical death of a student as justification to not fly the American flag?
Sounds like the logic of an ambulance chasing lawyer.

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
I'd rather see another Columbine over this than the American flag banned.
Shouldn't it be, peace at any price?

Old 11-12-2010, 11:26 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,943,987 times
Quote:
Let a riot take place!

The kid has a right to display the American flag in AMERICA if he so chooses.

yeah and kick out the kids who complained about it, they are suppose to be AMERICAN students, these little jerks are taking US money for school programs, they are in AMERICAN schools, they are taking AMERICAN buses to schools, they are taking AMERICAN taught ESL lessons but its not ok to show the flag cause it offends them kick them out of school, until they learn some respect- enough already.

Old 11-12-2010, 11:26 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
During Cinco de Mayo, some Hispanic kids brought Mexican flags and a fight nearly broke out with those other kids who didn't want to see it on campus.

Now, Cody flies his and the Principal was afraid it might cause another altercation, so he told him to take it off.

In terms of school safety and the safety of his students, the Principal did the correct thing. Was it prudent? Yes. Was it morally questionable? Maybe, but only if the school had previously banned all flags from being displayed by students. So far, I haven't been able to find that information, but I suspect that's the case. As Paul Harvey says, there's always more to the story.

Of course, awaiting the full story won't stop the right-wing blogosphere from having their predictable cows. It's all abuzz right now and blood pressures are going up. (I wonder...just HOW do stories like this fly around the blogosphere that fast? Is it just the speed of the net, or does someone deliberately push it out there? Hmmmmm.)

In any case, I'm sure it would now be equally abuzz had not the Principal intervened and a fight had started. And, the same people would be calling for his head for NOT having protected his students.

But, that's the state of political discourse in our poor country right now. Any spark, no matter if true or not, is enough to start an ideological riot.
#1. It should NEVER be wrong to fly the United States Flag where-ever you want in the United States.

#2. If the kid was BURNING that flag, would he be reprimanded? Probably not.

#3. If the flag is so damned offensive to people who don't even belong here then they need to take their happy behinds back to whatever country they (or their parents) came from.

#4. If the kid was flying a Gay Pride rainbow flag off the back of his bike would he be told to take it down? Probably not. The kids harassing him for flying that gay flag would be called on it wouldn't they?

I'm SO SICK of this Politically Correct crap!

Old 11-12-2010, 11:28 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Thank God I live in Texas & not Nazi conformist California.
Them Nazis WERE a bunch of conformists, weren't they?

They also enjoyed lots and lotsa laws.

Old 11-12-2010, 11:28 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,593,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
I might seek treatment.

Every time I see George Bush's face, I have a sudden urge to burn the American flag.

Same goes for every president back to IKE.

Well, back to JFK, anyway.

I'm probably going to need a lot of treatment.
Another America hater...what a surprise..

Old 11-12-2010, 11:29 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
yeah and kick out the kids who complained about it, they are suppose to be AMERICAN students, these little jerks are taking US money for school programs, they are in AMERICAN schools, they are taking AMERICAN buses to schools, they are taking AMERICAN taught ESL lessons but its not ok to show the flag cause it offends them kick them out of school, until they learn some respect- enough already.
Nah..don't kick them out.

Teach them to be TOLERANT of the US Flag.
Time to turn the table..instead of us kow-towing to every outside group and force in America..they need to be tolerant of us if they are living here.

Old 11-12-2010, 11:30 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,647 times
Quote:
I'd rather see another Columbine over this than the American flag banned.
What the principal did is an entirely different issue than even the THOUGHT of 'rather see another Columbine'. That was a horrible statement & I really hope you aren't serious.

Old 11-12-2010, 11:33 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
What the principal did is an entirely different issue than even the THOUGHT of 'rather see another Columbine'. That was a horrible statement & I really hope you aren't serious.
The principal is probably Hispanic too. Either that or a far left nut job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies