Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 03:39 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times

Advertisements

Well, this is just confirmation of what many of us knew from the get-go. I guess they've said the same to Mika and Mike B as well, who confirms it on air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDX46...layer_embedded

Can you believe what he's doing today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 09:02 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,930,564 times
You know Sanrene... you might just be right! Obama just might be about the most incompetent, inexperienced and unfit president in U.S. history... now what? How did he get there? Is he alone in the White House issuing edicts on a whim? Is there a Cabinet? A Congress? Your assertions raise more questions than it answers. The Electoral College... Checks and Balances... either Obama's incompetence is a non-issue or it is a grave matter of National Security that is not being taken seriously. None of that would be Obama's fault or doing. Are you going to respond or is this thread killed?

H

Old 11-12-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
You know Sanrene... you might just be right! Obama just might be about the most incompetent, inexperienced and unfit president in U.S. history... now what? How did he get there? Is he alone in the White House issuing edicts on a whim? Is there a Cabinet? A Congress? Your assertions raise more questions than it answers. The Electoral College... Checks and Balances... either Obama's incompetence is a non-issue or it is a grave matter of National Security that is not being taken seriously. None of that would be Obama's fault or doing. Are you going to respond or is this thread killed?

H
Why in the world would the thread be killed?

How did he get in the Oval Office? By a mesmerized, duped electorate and a media that didn't do it's job, but instead became an arm of the democrat party, doing all they could to see he got elected.

A cabinet, appointed by the incompetent boob - it's not just his ideas that are failing, it's his judgment as well, so the cabinet he appointed is nothing more than a mirror of his left-wing ideology - more bad ideas and policy.

Don't shoot the messenger, JoeS and Mika and Mike B who are relating what is going on behind the scenes.

Old 11-13-2010, 12:41 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,930,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Why in the world would the thread be killed?

How did he get in the Oval Office? By a mesmerized, duped electorate and a media that didn't do it's job, but instead became an arm of the democrat party, doing all they could to see he got elected.

A cabinet, appointed by the incompetent boob - it's not just his ideas that are failing, it's his judgment as well, so the cabinet he appointed is nothing more than a mirror of his left-wing ideology - more bad ideas and policy.

Don't shoot the messenger, JoeS and Mika and Mike B who are relating what is going on behind the scenes.
sanrene.... are you capable of shutting off your stream of consciousness long enough to look at a situation objectively... is that really too much to ask? Are you really saying that thousands..., no, millions of people don't have sense enough to spot an incompetent boob? If that were true we'd have Sarah Palin for V.P. Cabinet as mirror for left wing ideology is not the same as Cabinet as mirror of incompetence. Are you really saying that a Democratic agenda = incompetence??? That's o.k. if you are, at least I can understand your assertion that Obama is incompetent. Just so you know, however, the rest of the world doesn't share your opinion.

Old 11-13-2010, 01:32 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,066,985 times
Score so far:
One two-part straw man argument and one ad hominem attack against sanrene.
So, is anyone going to address the actual post or will this turn out to be yet another 30 page catalog of logical fallacies?

And yes, I do realize that I too have not directly addressed the post so there is no need to state the obvious. For the record, I think it's spot on.

Old 11-13-2010, 01:50 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
What Surprise, most normal People know that Obama doesn't know what he is doing, i said most. It doesn't take long for any one with half a brain, to know that most who voted for him have been dupped, by his fancy long drawn out speeches, on Change, bologna, and how we would be a better Nation because of him, Bull. The media set him up also, putting this man on a freaking Pedestal, which he does not deserve.

I did not have a problem with him in the beginning, but come on now, he needed more Experience, and better people giving him advice, he beats to the tune of his own drum, not for the good of us little people. This economy has taken such a dump under Obama, the housing crisis cannot get any worse, but i heard today, it is going to get much worse. This Employment situation, is still going on, because i do know many who have lost jobs and their homes as well.

You know i never liked Obama, and did not vote for the Man, but in the beginning, i hoped he would bring us the Change, that i thought this Country desperatly needed, and the Change he promised us he would, But that was all just a dream~

Old 11-13-2010, 05:31 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,528,322 times
I still don't know what "experience" people would expect him to have. It's a unique office without a conterpart anywhere, so what's the training ground for that? In any case, wouldn't "experience" make a Obama the strongest candidate in 2012? He will have been President then for 4 years, which will doubtless be 4 years more than anyone who runs against him.

But, in response to the Senator's allegation: Yes, Obama has demonstrated a serious lack of leadership. I can't say if that's totally because of him as a person or because of the advice he's been getting, but it has adversely affected his administration, his party and the nation. There is more to being President than making grand speeches and he doesn't yet seem to understand that. Note that when asked his opinion of why the GOP made such spectacular gains in the recent election, his reponse was that he hadn't done a good enough job selling his policies. In other words, he hadn't made good enough speeches.

Balderdash. He doesn't seem to know that he's not only the leader of his adminisration, but also the leader of his party and of the free world. He's spent 2 years deferring every other part of his job except using the "bully pulpit" to someone else with predictable results: the nation, his party and the world, flounders for lack of leadership.

Case in point: Health care reform was his key objective, the one thing he based his presidency upon, but he never sent HIS bill to Congress for their consideration. Instead, he told the Democratic leadership he wanted some kind of health care reform, then basically took a hands off approach and let them craft it without much input from him beyond broad outlines. Not surprisingly, he got just what anyone would expect to get from a major piece of legislation crafted by Congressional committees without any guidance: a 2200 page monstrosity larded with pork and special interests. Who didn't see that coming? Apparently, not Obama.

Worse, it had his name on it and he must now defend the almost indefensible. It's already cost his party dearly and will cost them more because he's put himself in a position where he cannot retreat from it. That's a leadership failure by any standard.

I supported the Obama for the presidency because I felt he deserved a chance, that WE deserved a chance at something different from what we'd endured for the previous 8 years.

I still do support much of what he's trying to achieve, especially his efforts to curtail Chinese influence, but I must admit I've been disappointed so far. Unless I see some radical change in his leadership skills in the next 2 years, I doubt I'll support him again.

That does not mean, by the way, that I would automatically shift my support back to the current crop of Neo-Con Republican's. There's not a chance in hell of that as I'd rather have 4 more years of poor leadership than one more day of that crowd of corporate bagmen.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
sanrene.... are you capable of shutting off your stream of consciousness long enough to look at a situation objectively... is that really too much to ask? Are you really saying that thousands..., no, millions of people don't have sense enough to spot an incompetent boob? If that were true we'd have Sarah Palin for V.P. Cabinet as mirror for left wing ideology is not the same as Cabinet as mirror of incompetence. Are you really saying that a Democratic agenda = incompetence??? That's o.k. if you are, at least I can understand your assertion that Obama is incompetent. Just so you know, however, the rest of the world doesn't share your opinion.
Well, that is fairly obvious now. They didn't recognize the incompetent boob as a candidate due to his mesmerizing speeches, flowery rhetoric, slogans, cliches and platitudes, his supposed post-partisan, post-racial claptrap. Now that he has been governing for two years, the electorate is coming to realize he is NOT the moderate candidate they voted for, they are coming to realize they have been duped.

Apparently, the most powerful dem Senators think so too.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:04 AM

37,969 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well, this is just confirmation of what many of us knew from the get-go. I guess they've said the same to Mika and Mike B as well, who confirms it on air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDX46...layer_embedded

Can you believe what he's doing today.
Lies lies lies, our former community organizer is the greatest president ever, ever, ever. To quote Nancy Pelosi, who called him "a leader that God has blessed us with at this time."

Old 11-13-2010, 11:06 AM

37,969 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies