Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 08:28 AM

465 posts, read 463,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Exactly my view But then again, I am not American. Americans uttering such things are rare and considered un-American.
I think mankind is racing fast toward nothing. We all just need to slow down and focus on happiness in life, instead of competing. I'm talking on a global scale, this fast, fast, fast society we have isn't doing any good for the world. What are we all REALLY doing heere on this Earth???

I am American, but I've been living outside of America for a long time and I might never move back there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 08:37 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,069,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The Chinese are a marvel of planning and efficiency!
But apparently not quality or safety.....

Deadly earthquake highlights China's shoddy construction standards | The Australian

Old 11-13-2010, 08:40 AM

871 posts, read 1,630,124 times
think about it. if americans are content with the way they do things or how they live their lives, then it doesn't matter how others do it.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory00 View Post
think about it. if americans are content with the way they do things or how they live their lives, then it doesn't matter how others do it.
In America lots of people are not content though. There are tons of people in America who disagree with various things.

For example, America is a country with millions and millions of potheads, yet pot continues to be illegal.

Then of course there all the left vs. right argueing and a huge raging debate on just about every issue.

Usually about 55% of the people are dragging the other 45% along for what they want.

And the US Government has got all the Americans by the balls. The people don't truely call any shots, the government calls all the shots these days.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:50 AM

871 posts, read 1,630,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRefugee View Post
In America lots of people are not content though. There are tons of people in America who disagree with various things.

For example, America is a country with millions and millions of potheads, yet pot continues to be illegal.

Then of course there all the left vs. right argueing and a huge raging debate on just about every issue.

Usually about 55% of the people are dragging the other 45% along for what they want.

And the US Government has got all the Americans by the balls. The people don't truely call any shots, the government calls all the shots these days.
that will always be the case because people are different one from another.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:53 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,595,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
This video tells it all. 15 stories in 2 days. Foundation to completion in 6 days. It takes us a YEAR to build a simple bridge and a month to build a simple 1600 sq foot house. The Chinese are a marvel of planning and efficiency!

Behind The Wall - 15 Floors in 2 Days...
They are smart efficient people, beating up USA in the clean energy race too. Gee, I wonder who would be so stupid to be against nationalized stimulus for infrastructure, modern transportation and clean energy progression in the USA?

Old 11-13-2010, 08:59 AM

783 posts, read 814,688 times
With Chinas deeply undervalued and manipulated currency many US clean tech companys outsouces to China for cheaper costs that Chinas currency undervaluation creates in combination with a relativly well educated labour force.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:00 AM

45,203 posts, read 26,414,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
They are smart efficient people, beating up USA in the clean energy race too. Gee, I wonder who would be so stupid to be against nationalized stimulus for infrastructure, modern transportation and clean energy progression in the USA?
I can't fathom it either.
Why don't more Americans want Communism?

Old 11-13-2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory00 View Post
that will always be the case because people are different one from another.
And that's exactly why individuals should be able to have freedom of choice without the government telling us how to live.

The laws in the US are way too overbearing and ridiculous if you ask me. You can't even walk down the street drinking a freakin beer. I think it's one of the only countries i've ever been to where you can't do that.

They need to let us choose how to live instead of telling us how, or letting 51% of the people tell the rest of us how in a sham election.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:07 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seren77 View Post
Also government owns half of everything. I am not sure you would be happy with such arrangement.
TOTALLY FALSE!

There are some companies that the government has a share of and yes some companies are government controlled in terms of owning the majority of stock. But in no way does the Chinese government own half of every Chinese company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies