Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2010, 09:06 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
She has highlighted obama's lies, failures, scandals, more lies - and those criticisms have received wide, wide play for the public.

Kind of ironic considering she no doubt played a part in electing him, eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 09:14 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Another thing that has me convinced is that the former governor's writing style seems to have changed quite a bit over the last couple of years. Of course people can and do polish their skills but the change was very abrupt.

Of course it isn't going to say in the quarterly that the money was specifically for FB posts...legally, it doesn't have to specify that. But it does stand to reason that she isn't going to shell out over 20K just for someone to write her e-mails (I understood that God was doing that for her anyway).
Translation: Finally admitting I have no proof or evidence, just wild speculation, based on some PDS Leftists who have asked the question after going through her financial records to find whatever little tidbit they can.

Thanks.

Quote:
Oh, and speaking of that, I'm still waiting for the proof of the lie that you posted about Shannyn Moore.
I've already addressed that about that "shannon" creature.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Addressed how? By saying:

Quote:
Geez, maybe I got the name wrong. Go find the main crazed leftist yourself.

Nothing more than an excuse for your otherwise baseless allegation.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:21 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,717,994 times
Quote:
Translation: Finally admitting I have no proof or evidence, just wild speculation, based on some PDS Leftists who have asked the question after going through her financial records to find whatever little tidbit they can.

Thanks.

Not a very good translation, Sanrene. Try again. Her financial records speak for themselves. Now there is a very off chance that the 20K + was for e-mails that they wrote for her, but that doesn't seem very likely.

And you failed to properly address your lies about Shannyn Moore (who happens to be a very nice woman, by the way. You should read her site; you might actually learn something about Alaska). All that you really did was to spit something about how you may have gotten the name wrong and frothed something about another crazy lefty.

Here's some homework for you. What Eagle River, Alaska, member of the Republican party filed several of the ethics complaints against the former governor?

Old 11-13-2010, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Addressed how? By saying:

Nothing more than an excuse for your otherwise baseless allegation.
Yeah, we got a lot of those going around tonight...baseless allegations that is.

Quote:
Not a very good translation, Sanrene. Try again. Her financial records speak for themselves. Now there is a very off chance that the 20K + was for e-mails that they wrote for her, but that doesn't seem very likely.

And you failed to properly address your lies about Shannyn Moore (who happens to be a very nice woman, by the way. You should read her site; you might actually learn something about Alaska). All that you really did was to spit something about how you may have gotten the name wrong and frothed something about another crazy lefty.

Here's some homework for you. What Eagle River, Alaska, member of the Republican party filed several of the ethics complaints against the former governor?
You know, there are many things that fall under "internet messaging", don't you think?

Did I mention her last name? I don't think so - must have gotten her confused with that McLeod creature, who filed a LOT of ethics compliants....so sue me.

I'm really not interest in trivia games tonight.

But maybe you're interested in Palin's letter to the newbies in congress, maybe give us an idea of what you object to in her letter? Of course, you'd have to read it first.

If you can do that, maybe we can have a meaningful discussion on the issues that matter.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:24 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What you fail to understand is she does NOTHING but whine, she contributes absolutely NOTHING positive to the political atmosphere because she has NOTHING.

When she can stand up in a debate and tell us a real plan to improve America, not a list of sound-bite rhetoric but a real plan, I'll listen. Until that time she's really nothing but cheesey entertainment, I'd rather listen to music.
I'd rather watch paint dry.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Yeah, we got a lot of those going around tonight...baseless allegations that is.
Well, you're certainly holding up your end

Old 11-13-2010, 09:29 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,018,732 times
And here we are, two years post-election. And the losing Vice Presidential candidate is stronger than ever. When as that ever happened??

Love her or hate her, you're foolish if you dismiss her political voice and clout. She's got a damn impressive record of endorsements. Far, far better than Obama. She posts on Facebook..and it's front page. She gave voice to the Tea Party. An 'astroturf, racist' movement that has shown itself to have real influence.

And the best part of it all? It never, NEVER would have been possible without the constant rabid, vile, obsessive attention of the left. Bet you didn't think she'd still be standing after the constant full frontal assault, did you? I LOVE it. She has shown, and continues to show, more grace under fire, more backbone and more spine than the petulant, whining and arrogant excuse of our President.

So those on the left...congratulate yourselves. Because without you, she truly would be just another 'also-ran'.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:34 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,717,994 times
Quote:

You know, there are many things that fall under "internet messaging", don't you think?
No, actually I don't think that, especially not to the tune of over 20K for albeit very part time work. "Internet messaging" may indeed encompass several different activities

Quote:
I'm really not interest in trivia games tonight.
It stands to reason that you can't name the Republican who filed so many ethics complaints against Palin. But it does seem that if you're going to continue to froth about the crazed lefties who drove the poor woman out of office that you might want to find out the truth about those who actually filed the complaints.

Of course I've read the ghostwritten letter. What I object to is the extreme partisanship, the further driving of a wedge between the people of this country. But then I suspect that those are the very things that draw you to SP.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
And here we are, two years post-election. And the losing Vice Presidential candidate is stronger than ever. When as that ever happened??

Love her or hate her, you're foolish if you dismiss her political voice and clout. She's got a damn impressive record of endorsements. Far, far better than Obama. She posts on Facebook..and it's front page. She gave voice to the Tea Party. An 'astroturf, racist' movement that has shown itself to have real influence.

And the best part of it all? It never, NEVER would have been possible without the constant rabid, vile, obsessive attention of the left. Bet you didn't think she'd still be standing after the constant full frontal assault, did you? I LOVE it. She has shown, and continues to show, more grace under fire, more backbone and more spine than the petulant, whining and arrogant excuse of our President.

So those on the left...congratulate yourselves. Because without you, she truly would be just another 'also-ran'.
The Left just can't help themselves with the manufactured stories, lies and smears. They have made her more relevant. Instead of her going back to Alaska, being a governor, they chased her out with their harassment.... and look how far she has come. She is getting a LOT of credit for the TP wave....and that must just burn their butts to a cinder.

You mentioned this;

Quote:
Sigh. I doubt that she does. And true to form, she's reverted to ad hominen attacks when she's got nothing else.
Do these posts of yours fall under your criteria as ad hominen attacks?

Quote:
You must understand that your idol is a highly controversial woman and that discussion of her is invariably going to stray from the type of lovefest that falls within your comfort zone.
Quote:
Now that would be unethical. And highly improbable; there are still enough of your type to do it entirely for free
Now, for the life of me, I can't seem to find which post of mine you're referring to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies